Commercial Afghani Cannabis Strains

• Thread starter zeke
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
zeke

zeke

Whilst perusing a cheesy little document put out by the UNDOC entitled Afghanistan: Survey of Commercial Cannabis Cultivation and Production 2011, I couldn't help but notice a list of varieties. Apparently quite common varieties if you happen to be an average Afghani cannabis producer. This includes the percentages of the total crop that each strain represents. The first number is 2011 and the second number is 2010. Unfortunately there was not potency analysis data available in the report. I think it's fair to say that increased or decreased production from year to year would be an accurate gauge of market demand for a particular variety. Only two varieties seemed familiarly named.

Mazari (Balkhi):51% 47%
Watani : 14% 35%
Kharwari Shadani : 13% 3%
Surkhabi Shadani :9% 1%
Machalgho Shadani :6% 2%
Azraki Shadani :4% 3%
Logari Shadani : 3% 6%
Sra Chars : 1% 1%
Chaghali Tukhom :0.1% 0%
Speen Bang :0.02% 0%
Gard Lemanay: 0% 2%
Kandahari :0% 0.1%
Anyone make sense of these names? I'd like them all in my fridge....

S

smoothbud

Whilst perusing a cheesy little document put out by the UNDOC entitled Afghanistan: Survey of Commercial Cannabis Cultivation and Production 2011, I couldn't help but notice a list of varieties. Apparently quite common varieties if you happen to be an average Afghani cannabis producer. This includes the percentages of the total crop that each strain represents. The first number is 2011 and the second number is 2010. Unfortunately there was not potency analysis data available in the report. I think it's fair to say that increased or decreased production from year to year would be an accurate gauge of market demand for a particular variety. Only two varieties seemed familiarly named.

Mazari (Balkhi):51% 47%
Watani : 14% 35%
Kharwari Shadani : 13% 3%
Surkhabi Shadani :9% 1%
Machalgho Shadani :6% 2%
Azraki Shadani :4% 3%
Logari Shadani : 3% 6%
Sra Chars : 1% 1%
Chaghali Tukhom :0.1% 0%
Speen Bang :0.02% 0%
Gard Lemanay: 0% 2%
Kandahari :0% 0.1%
Anyone make sense of these names? I'd like them all in my fridge....
Many of those are provinces or regions of afghanistan, probably the origen of some of those strains by location.

zeke

zeke

What, no afghanis on Thcfarmer? Where's my Nuristani homies at? Damn, must be doing the goat chores. What's a curious infidel to do? Do I gotta get all Allah Akbar to get anywhere? Trade off the cows for a goat herd, ship them to northern India, make my way up through Pakistan, say what's up to my Kalash bredren and then cruise on into Afghanistan to the market in Mazar , trade all but my favorite two goats for a handful of magic beans. Hey this story is starting to sound like a fairly tale...

zeke

zeke

Camel no, towel for headgear yes. These are variety names. Some are associated with place names true, think afghani version of trinity....county name sure but also a variety name. These are distinct varieties with distinctive characteristics and uses. It would be so cool to have access to this list. Surely some of these characteristics involve differing tastes, high and aromas. Fuck. I would so buy an Afghan farmer like two goats for a handful of seed.

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
I know some frosty afghani indicas have recently come out of kandahari region. I've seen a few mentions of soldiers bringing back seed from tours.
I would go on a seed hunt with you , but I'm pretty sure I'd get facial recognized by a drone, checked on the database, considered a combatant based on my fbi file and then shot at by the drone.

sixstring

sixstring

here zeke bro,you can borrow my bike and it will help to disguise you from the talaban :D ok ill stop messin lmao. all my fav strains have a heavy afgani influence
Camel jockey

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

Thankfully beans are small enough to slam dunk lol squeeze them cheeks through security

S

smoothbud

I do grow Afghan, but it is from clones obtained from a grower, who has grown many diff afghans. Long ago, 1988 I grew afghan that I had ordered from World of Seeds, It was very potent tho it was poorly grown. Back then I used miracle grow potting soil and a dry fert made for tomatoes. Not a way of growing I would recommend nowadays, tho at the time it grew some primo that looked like someone sprinkled glitter on it. At the time it was considered to be top notch stuff.

zeke

zeke

Awesome , man where can I get one of those bikes?! Yeah I'll mooch some of those off of the Homiebrew. I keep thinking of those last pics he put up. I've got a cut of some "pure purple afghan " that has a similar look and floral structure. Not purple really more white from trichome density. Hash monster.
I've been reading up on Nuristani and Kalash people. Very interesting pre Islamic traditions. Sort of proto Zoroasterfarian pre Hindu coolness. Remnants of Og cannabis culture.

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

Quite a while back I grew a cherry og , purple afghan was the male it was wow and not Emerald Triangles cherry og they donot use purple afghan but the sour cherry flavor was said to have come from purple afghani....I'm sure there are different phenos but I would love to find that sour cherry og flavor again it was banging at week 4 no lie the loudest smell I've ever smelt......ahhhhhhh good times

drewski85

drewski85

I saw pics/description of a strain from waziristan(afghan/paki border region) that I would almost trade a testicle for. impossible to obtain unless your pashtu. doesn't some kandahari landraces exhibit some sativa characteristics?

lollipopman

lollipopman

My afghan seeds. Didn't think they was any good cause when I got them they were moist and had mold in the bag. So I wiped them down put inside a ziplock bag with rice then into the fridge. Had them in there for about 2 months and the other day decided what the hell I will try to pop them. So far 12 have tails. I don't know what providence they came from till tomorrow cause that's when my bro will be home from Afghanistan..

soserthc1

soserthc1

Anyone ever see the purple afghani plant of British hemps in 09 kinda looks like brews plant but crazy purple was just looking thru a thread with it in there the other day

Top Bottom