Community Project?

• Thread starter DeJaVu Seeds
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DeJaVu Seeds

DeJaVu Seeds

I am still new to this site. Are community projects allowed?

I have always been intrigued by the Trifoliate mutation in cannabis. Rumors abound regarding reasons to just get rid of them as soon as you see them. This is easy to do since they show the mutation as a young seedling.

Rumors:
1. Trifoliates have "Triploid genes" and are therefore sterile.
2. Trifoliates tend to be males much more often than females.
3. Trifoliates will usually not display the mutation after the fifth node.
4. Trifoliates tend to go hermie much more often than not.
5. Trifoliates are the Devil ! ( mama says so )

I have always removed mine just because I do not want any extra risk involved in my breeding. If everyone else is doing the same thing...then how do we really know which of those rumors are true...and which are just the 'expert' opinion of keyboard growers?

I have ordered seeds for a high quality strain, Queen of Soul from Brother's Grimm, and the breeder claims that trifoliate plants run in these genetics. He says: "One last tip – look for trifoliate individuals – we have found them to be extra special."

My idea for a community project is:

Let's share pollen from any strong male trifoliate plants that we run across. Pollen can be mailed with no restrictions, and has a good shelf life if mixed with toasted flour and kept bone dry.

My first order of business is to germ all of these Queen of Soul seeds and make more seeds. Then I can start my pheno hunting.

Thoughts?

Trifoliate1
Trifoliate2
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I have grown one trifoliate. A Jack 33 plant. It was neat looking but she stayed small and did not yield too much. The buds were of the same quality expected from the strain. Very good but nothing memorable. That is out of hundreds of different seeds grown.

DeJaVu Seeds

DeJaVu Seeds

I have grown one trifoliate. A Jack 33 plant. It was neat looking but she stayed small and did not yield too much. The buds were of the same quality expected from the strain. Very good but nothing memorable. That is out of hundreds of different seeds grown.

Thank you for sharing your experience, MIMedGrower.

I have only ever grown one out, and it was a male. I have had maybe 5 total in the last 20 years. I don't know what that might be...1 out of 1000 seeds maybe.

If I can find a good female in Queen of Soul...I will put it in a mother tent. I will harvest pollen off of any good males I find, and save it. When other people send me some pollen, or after 6 months (whichever comes first), I will take a clone, veg until I get enough buds for each pollen sample, and pollinate different buds with different males. Anyone who sends me pollen will get in return samples of seed from ALL of the different buds.

NOTE: To anyone sending me pollen from a trifoliate male:

1. Please don't prank me and send pollen from anything other than a trifoliate.
2. Let me know the genetics of the father.
3. If you have a trifoliate from a polyhybrid, then I am sorry, but it cannot be stabilized in my lifetime.

Examples of polyhybrids that are just too mixed up for me to work with:
Anything Gorilla Glue.
Anything Cookies.
Anything Blue Dream.
Anything Wedding Cake.
Anything with 3 or more parents.

We really need to stick to the old semi-stable strains, Skunk #1 trifoliate would be AWESOME, but the chances of finding a trifoliate in Skunk is probably zero.

Examples of strains I can work with:
Any IBL ( In-Bred Line )
Any true F1 ( from two IBL parents )
Any landrace strain
Any common strain created before 1990
Any Autoflower Strain

If you can't tell...I'm bored...I need another project 🤗

Top Bottom