comparison grow: HPS vs Induction

• Thread starter calbunn
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

calbunn

I've seen trichrome, resin and oil production increase with PAR phosphor blends but this grower in Michigan got better dry yields in the side by by grows with the exact same conditions is doing something right.

Mothers sustain on the lower wattage then when moved up to a higher wattage with the same phosphors the clones react to the recognized wavelengths and you have these little chlorophyll engines.

Check out the dry weights listed in this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O31d1KqrVc8&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

Anyone else out there getting similar results?

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Never seen it. Got any pics of your grow using that light?

-TF

C

calbunn

certainly

I just posted 7 pics in the gallery titled 'inda-gro 420 grow pics'

I'll have to see what it takes to put them in the thread as the upload is a bit different. I guess all you have to do is hit the gallery tab though. much better then the old photobucket uploads.

All these pics were of a recent grow done with 2 of the 420 series

R

reggiebaseball

5 weeks for an 8 week strain, with bigger more crystally buds and half the energy bill---\

I want to believe, but I am not sure I can.

C

calbunn

legendary trichromes to be sure with denser nugs on the lower branches and tighter internodal spacing. I'm thinking the UVB is creating a protection reaction where the plant protects the buds by producing more resins, oil and increased trichrome production.

the 420 measured connected load @ 120v read 3.9 amps compared to 9.2 amps on my 1000watt HPS.

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Would you please start a comparison grow log so we here at the farm can see the difference with induction lighting vs. HPS? Thanks man.

-TF

C

calbunn

Would you please start a comparison grow log so we here at the farm can see the difference with induction lighting vs. HPS? Thanks man.

-TF
I'll start journal when I finish this grow. In the mean time here's a journal on a nice Blue Dream that I liked since he's thorough and included pics all along the way. BTW I think this was only his second grow too.

http://www.invalid.com/grow-journals/401594-blue-dream-800w-induction-lights.html

Haze

Haze

Lookin pretty good. Are the ladies under the Indos getting any residual light from the HPS ( as seen in the pictures ) on the regular?

R

reggiebaseball

That journal you link to, the guy yielded 170g of top bud off 800w.
His previous grow he got 75g off 400w
His next grow he hits 330 off 800w,

These are not inspiring in the least.

I really want to believe in the Inda-Gro, but it must be the best kept secret in the universe. All of the posts I see around the internet on it are from the same 5 people it seems like.

For me the question is:
Is this a product for a guy who grows SOG in a tent or his closet (so it is a competitor for LED, CFL and 400w lamps), someone who wants to cut his electric bill...

or can the efficiencies be adapted to large scale growing and yield big with low plant counts (is it a potential competitor to the 1000w HPS)

C

calbunn

Lookin pretty good. Are the ladies under the Indos getting any residual light from the HPS ( as seen in the pictures ) on the regular?
Thanks Haze.

No the background HPS fixtures were what I'd been using up until I ran the 2 inda-gro lights on a light mover. The second one is just out of view. But what you'll notice is how close the canopy gets to the lights. At week 9+ I'm keeping the tops @ 12" from the lights. Not something I accomplished with my HID's.

C

calbunn

That journal you link to, the guy yielded 170g of top bud off 800w.
His previous grow he got 75g off 400w
His next grow he hits 330 off 800w,

These are not inspiring in the least.

I really want to believe in the Inda-Gro, but it must be the best kept secret in the universe. All of the posts I see around the internet on it are from the same 5 people it seems like.

For me the question is:
Is this a product for a guy who grows SOG in a tent or his closet (so it is a competitor for LED, CFL and 400w lamps), someone who wants to cut his electric bill...

or can the efficiencies be adapted to large scale growing and yield big with low plant counts (is it a potential competitor to the 1000w HPS)
Hey Reggie! Cool name and one of the all time greatest.

As to the link; it maybe not so inspiring to a seasoned grower like you but since it's like his second grow, in a tent and he needs to grow specific Blue Dream for leukemia that is wracking him, the dispensaries were raping him and he had the guts to deliver a journal that exposed many of the things a newbie would do wrong I give kudos to him. He took the time to share and he's learning from his past mistakes and only getting better. I was inspired reading his posts because he's done for himself what he had previously relied only on others to do for him.

As to the lights themselves and speaking on behalf of I guess the five of us I'm sure there are other future technologies just around the corner which will yield better quality and higher gram/watt yields. When we find them I'll share the results as I hope would you. I learn a lot from these forums and if there's a contribution I can ever make that improves our grow then that's the least I can do in return.

Yes Reggie this is a large scale growers retrofit for all of the reasons you cited.

R

reggiebaseball

I am sorry, I didn;t mean to be a killjoy.
I have been thinking about these lights for some time.

I am going to test a unit immediately. I am sure the lights will veg great, the true test will be flowering IMO. If they perform, I will be the first to share the good news.

T

theherbalizor

Premium Member
Supporter
To be brutally fank here. I think these units are a bit of a con.

They will never replicate the lamps they claim to be able to do.

I can get happily 200 g from a 250 hps. 250 or more on a good day.

I would be happy if I could get more than 100 g from one of their 400 w units.

Infact, I go o far as to say that a normal 8 strip ho t5 fixture will stamp all over one of these.

Do not believe the hype people. The science is just not there to back it up.

ttystikk

ttystikk

Infact, I go o far as to say that a normal 8 strip ho t5 fixture will stamp all over one of these.

Is this based on personal experience, or a grow you've been involved in, or have you got this second-hand from someone? I'm not doubting you, I see you're doing good work elsewhere on the Farm with LEP, I just like to see the citations behind the statements.

To be honest, they seem a bit too good to be true to me too, but since I have zip for personal experience with them, nor even any secondhand from associates, I don't feel like I'm in a position to make an informed judgement.

C

calbunn

I presume you speak from experience? Why not run a comparison grow of your own with the T5's then and post the results? I have and the T5's did not 'stamp all over these'.

I ran a grow with an 8 lamp Quantum T5 @ 54 watts per 6500 K tri-phosphor lamps ($60.00) at veg and switched @ week 3 to 8 ea., 2900 K lamps ($70.00) at flowering and did not get these results. I spent $300.00 for the fixture and an additional $130.00 for the T5HO lamps which based on the hours I run them would have to be changed on average of once a year.

So if you end up being 'happy to achieve 100g out of a 400w lamp' then I suggest the Quantum T5 setup and not the inda-gro would better suit your low expectations.

Top Bottom