comparison grow: HPS vs Induction

• Thread starter calbunn
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

DonoHayes

I need some help posting these photo's, can someone help please? i would like to start my own thread/blog that I can sticky in here

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
I need some help posting these photo's, can someone help please? i would like to start my own thread/blog that I can sticky in here

follow the link in my sig to see how to upload photos - keep the file size under 1.5 mb and dont try and upload more then 4 at a time

your most welcome to start your own thread - but only a mod can sticky it if they deem it worthy

V

Vogh

So, I have a 4x8 tent for flowering with 2 1000w HPS, now i'm adding another tent 5x10. I installed the 2 1000w lights and isn't enough. SO, i'm adding a new light.
Should I buy a induction 400w or another hps 1000w?

If the answer is HPS, would it be beneficial to hang the hps with no reflector on the middle free hanging or the reflector will reflect more lumens?

Cheers....

VoGh

dankworth

dankworth

If I were in your shoes, in the 5x10 I would put reflector #3 in the middle with an MH. A reflector that throws wide so all canopy gets the blue spectrum added.
It really does change growth when you mix hps and mh.

Reflector will reflect many more lumens than vert bare lamp if you are trying to light a canopy from overhead.

A third 1k with an MH in the middle for a 5x10 space was also advocated by GrowMaster on this site I believe.

Induction tech is really cool, but performance per dollar the 1k MH wins.
Assuming you have adequate cooling and all.

C

calbunn

I presume you have an interest in reducing your power consumption and maintaining yields with higher quality so that's why your researching this thread. My induction grows consistently outproduce my MH/HPS grows for a fraction of the price. The wattage has been reduced by 60% with excellent coverage in my fixed 5 x 5 area or on my light movers I'll cover a 6 x 10 area with each light.

Comparing the thermal contribution between HID and Inda-Gro; straight math shows that a single 1000 watt HID lamp, not counting the ballast, contributes heat at a rate of a minimum of 3,410 btu/hr while a single 420 series only adds 1,432 btu/hr. Less ventilating and A/C to invest in at startup and lowered utility bills.

So unless you really enjoy the act of paying for a relamp every other grow and like the higher wattages/ventilating that goes along with HID then sample a 420 inda-gro for this size grow and find out for yourself 'you have options'.

dankworth

dankworth

I presume you have an interest in reducing your power consumption and maintaining yields with higher quality so that's why your researching this thread. My induction grows consistently outproduce my MH/HPS grows for a fraction of the price. The wattage has been reduced by 60% with excellent coverage in my fixed 5 x 5 area or on my light movers I'll cover a 6 x 10 area with each light.

Comparing the thermal contribution between HID and Inda-Gro; straight math shows that a single 1000 watt HID lamp, not counting the ballast, contributes heat at a rate of a minimum of 3,410 btu/hr while a single 420 series only adds 1,432 btu/hr. Less ventilating and A/C to invest in at startup and lowered utility bills.

So unless you really enjoy the act of paying for a relamp every other grow and like the higher wattages/ventilating that goes along with HID then sample a 420 inda-gro for this size grow and find out for yourself 'you have options'.

How many grams/watt are you guys getting with these?

El Cerebro

El Cerebro

So, I have a 4x8 tent for flowering with 2 1000w HPS, now i'm adding another tent 5x10. I installed the 2 1000w lights and isn't enough. SO, i'm adding a new light.
Should I buy a induction 400w or another hps 1000w?

I think you should go with induction and do an honest side-by-side comparison with hps so we can all see what's up (from someone who isn't connected with an induction vendor)

dankworth

dankworth

I think you should go with induction and do an honest side-by-side comparison with hps so we can all see what's up (from someone who isn't connected with an induction vendor)

Is someone connected to an induction vendor? Like Gavita?

D

DonoHayes

Im an Inda-Gro sales rep. So I guess I am pretty biased..... Though my story is yet untold I would immediately judged. Which, is ok.
And I have yet not tried to make a single salesman-esque pitch. I'm solely here because Inda-Gro, Induction, and most importantly TESLA are being thrown aside and neglected because GE and JP Morgans mistakes last century.

I am doing side by side comparisons of strains in two sites so I will have all that info along with all the nutrients used and other proof necessary to stop nay-saying but the proof is in the math. I ran the numbers in my head before i jumped and bought 4 400s when i first saw them. 95% PAR useable light? 10 year warranty with light degredation to only 70% in that amount of time with a full service warranty. Yeah... the math doesnt really add up in energy savings and heat to start using them i suppose. Maybe it will add up in the fact that my plants come out with that overly dark green blue hue to them because the chlorophyll productiion is through the roof and my internodal distances still stay scrunched. I'll even have GCMS tests ran to show the levels of cannibinoids change per strain under induction inb favor of a more balanced medicinal use. But that is all in due time and I cant pump it all out today.
I still am having trouble uploading files for picture but last night i cut down my 8 week sativa at 6.5 weeks and we'll see how she yielded, and a couple more at 5.5weeks. the transitional phase from veg to flower was almost cut to days not weeks.

chazbolin

chazbolin

I guess you never what you had until it's gone. Glad to see the forums are back in business.

Hey Dono, you tried any DWC grow yet with these lamps. I found this video at 1:15 in for a day 18 grow those are some amazing looking fans.

Hope to follow this one through another couple videos.

Aerojoe

Aerojoe

so where is this unbiased side by side that inda gro vendor DonoHayes was going to post up?

D

DonoHayes

I'm here, I have had some issues with a Mac Book Pro needing serviced for 3-5 weeks with all my grow photos. We're recompiling the albums and will be on shortly with my PRO 400 photos, and photos of the room i'm building with 8- PRO 420's. The DWC video is kinda off, of course theyre gonna grow 150% as fast a small 1 gallon soil containers. That's the nature of hydro. Now I can tell you from just watching that video that he is leaving his lights high like you would traditionally, with hotter HIDS. He could have knocked out half that internodal distance by planting the light not but 6 inches from the tops as I have mine. And properly using some LST and topping.
But as four the first 3 plants I grew in bloom they each yielded over a QP to HP and that was with minimal training. This time there will be scrog shown. And varied sizes.

pistone1971

pistone1971

With these spectrums and energy savings I'm wondering has anyone tried putting these lamps in for vertical lighting? The website says to mount them horizontally but it would seem if they could be mounted vertically then the bottoms would see the pop. Don't see why they couldn't go vertical but I don't know so I'm asking

chazbolin

chazbolin

From what I understand they may be ran vertically but they don't produce as much intensity. But instead of vertical I see a day 36 DWC update which added one of the 100 watters horizontal over the clones. The clones show roots in 5 days and it picked up the those lower branches light levels in the process.

nuttso

nuttso

Im an Inda-Gro sales rep. So I guess I am pretty biased..... Though my story is yet untold I would immediately judged. Which, is ok.
And I have yet not tried to make a single salesman-esque pitch. I'm solely here because Inda-Gro, Induction, and most importantly TESLA are being thrown aside and neglected because GE and JP Morgans mistakes last century.

Hey bro,

I highly doubt that there were made any mistakes by JP Morgans & GE. If you look from their side, you'll have to say clever. Cause if they would have let TESLA invent what he wanted, there would be free energy for everyone. No meter or bullshit. No oil lobby. Their bullshitten us about this for 100 years now. Look what Thomas Henry Moray invented. Check out Walter Russel and Wilhelm Reich. Haha... Bro TESLA is one off the most important people in human history. To sad people often don't realise him.

pistone1971

pistone1971

That day 36 video seems to have a lot less stretch. Maybe a week under the 420 had something to do with that. That little 100 watter is perfect for the clones and some side light. I might have added another one on the other side but if they deleaf a bit and move the canopy the lowers should do fine.

heres a little pic of my purple durban poison at day 14 into bloom as well as a close up of the bud production at one of over two dozen tops using a single 420.

PDP IG420
PDP IG420 top

pistone1971

pistone1971

My Blue Sugar (Blue Dream & Sugar Kush) mmm mmmm mmmmmm

the top shelve is a an indagro 200 and the bottom shelve is a 4 lamp T5
The 420 rooted in 8 days with thicker white roots, tighter internodal spacing and darker fuller leaves.
I had to remove the humidity domes from the indagro plants they got too big.
TheT5 plants rooted in 11 days and were ready for transplant in 21 days.

I also have a couple of shots of my week 2 with a 600 watt HPS against one of 420 series. You can the 420 is definitely filling in better.

T5 lower Inda Gro 200 Upper
Week 2 HPS 600
Week 2 Inda Gro 420
chazbolin

chazbolin

Blue Dream Herojuana
Weeks 1 -8 with a single inda-gro 420 from clones to a 56 day harvest 466g dry
good producer; excellent body high without making me lazy stupid. definitely my go to

Week 1 fused
Week 2 fused
Week 3 fused
Week 4 fused
Week 5 fused
Week 6 fused
Week 7 fused
Week 8 fused

Latest posts

Top Bottom