COMPETITION!!! Loompa's Challenge

• Thread starter loompa
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Frostynugman

Frostynugman

@Frostynugman
The clear inc's spectrum are extremely fast to the plants internal clock and will cause lots of stretch during the first half of flowering. Stay clear of clear inc's during the first half of flowering. Go all red spectrum 'sun up' during the first half of flowering trust me.

The red party cfl's spectrum 600 nm's-710 nm's is much slower to the plants internal clock and that's why I use red party cfl's the first half of flowering.. A pure red spectrum is the only way to go the first half of flowering and red party cfl's are a cheep way of getting an all red spectrum.. Yes all red LED's are better but cost 3 times as much.

But yes running clear inc's and red party cfl's at the same time will work.

It's just a slower overall spectrum than just clear inc's and will defeat both purposes. Both spectrums are used for dif needs in the flowering cycle.

Pure red is used for controlling stretch and setting bud sites and clear inc's with their extremely high red/far red ratio are use for second half flowering daytime speed.. lol

I know it gets confusing.. Sorry

Click! made sense. I am always looking to tighten the bud sites so Im buying some Red bulbs today and will update you if you dont mind!. Running your yetidawgs its gunn be a treat. thanks for the info my man.

dogznova

dogznova

Hell yeah up date me. I just wish there was good all red LED screw in style bulbs on the cheap . There out there but one bulb cost about as much as you will pay for a bunch of those red party cfl's.

Just remember. You need to speed the clock back up the second half of flowering. Switch out those red cfl's and put in some clear inc's. And at the end of flowering enjoy those amber trichomes..

dogznova

dogznova

Mounted outside the hood, I use 40w and 60w ones.. Inside the hood, I use 100w ones. The 100w ones are all but impossible to get in the stores theses days.. On line all day long tho..

Yes the cfl's and clear inc's are interchangeable.. All on 110v standard screw in sockets. Yes I do a one to one change out.

I do run all of the 'sun up' lighting on a separate timer from the HPS timer.

P.S. I've never ran cfl's inside the hood tho..

Last edited:
FlyinJStable

FlyinJStable

Here are my 2nd set of Yeti f3 clones 4 #10 and 1 #8 that I flipped too soon but seem to have tighter node spacing, we shall see
once again Thank you @loompa for great gear.
10 7 14UD Flower 1

10 7 14UD Flower 4

LoL and the only reason for this is I (F%$#ed) up trying to flip to flower too fast and had to pull um back out to veg a bit more sometimes mistakes are just a another learning curve so Keeping um green Loompa . . ..
Super FlyJ Vibes to all

VERMONTSKUNKS

VERMONTSKUNKS

Yeti and ze headband 001
Yeti and ze headband 002
Yeti and ze headband 003
Yeti and ze headband 004
Yeti and ze headband 005
Yeti and ze headband 006
Yeti and ze headband 007
Ok heres meh yeti's and headband ladies doing quite well. My feeding schedule is very kiss simple. Ancient forest or happy frog amendments to a bale of pro-mix bx, plus a couple extra additions of perlite or rocks on the bottom of the pot for added aeration. then jus compost teas mostly.One phenol is small compact and full of trichs really early on. the second is sugary but nowhere near as much, also tried to limit its stretch so far so good. Geez loompa and om pa pa I really enjoy growing your gear guys thx once again.
Yeti and ze headband 001
Yeti and ze headband 002
Yeti and ze headband 003
Yeti and ze headband 004
Yeti and ze headband 005
Yeti and ze headband 006
Yeti and ze headband 007

jlr42024

jlr42024

Congratulations and a pat on the back to everybody who's still participating and having success! For anybody struggling or discouraged please ask the fellow farmers having success for advice there's no shame and what this project represents is worth any extra effort nobody knows where that magic bean will show that provides the supurior pheno!

FlyinJStable

FlyinJStable

Hey there Ya’ll in Loompa Land…

Looking at the 1st set of clones ran from my #8 and #10 Yeti f3 In the FlyJ stable, Stretch and minor nute deficiencies were my only negative on an otherwise great 1st Showing so far. I ran the cuttings for 1 month in Veg with very little fem, topping or training. The feeding was very basic with my Jacks Pro @25% for 1week then 50% for 3.

You can see the Jacks pro information in the (“Cheap alternatives to overpriced hydroponic nutrients”) Thread, here on the Farm. The Nute mix is strait from the thread. The amendments are Caps OG biowar in ACT once in early veg and twice in flower, SeaGreen was used as a foliar spray on the MoonDawg f2 only.

I followed the Light schedule @ off 24hr, 12/12 till the 1st show of bud then 11.5/12.5 to 11/13 the last 3 weeks. I may go as far as 10.5/13.5 next time but I am happy with this style of diminished light.

For preventative measure I sprayed 50/50 water/alcohol, My own pepper spray mix, and very lite mix of Neem oil on alternating weeks up to flower, then Stopped. Nothing on the flowers, that’s a no-no IMHO.

As for the MoonDawg f2 I was not as attentive as I should have been as this is a monster of a plant again Very healthy EZ to grow ZERO problems with her and she loves to be fed. I took two cutting from her and will be revenging her Clone at the end of this run . . . .

On the super Loompa positive side, smells are so great I get a contact high every time I am in the flower room the colas are getting so heavy I am looking to have them tied up here soon, and the frost when the HPS is off is EVERYWHERE, what a plant. The second sets of clones are even better.
10 10 14UD Flower 1

10 10 14UD Flower 5

10 10 14UD Flower 10

10 10 14UD Flower 8

Sending out Super Loompa Vibes to everyone, and may your colas always be Dank.

FlyJ

Gamrstwin36

Gamrstwin36

Looking at the 1st set of clones ran from my #8 and #10 Yeti f3 In the FlyJ stable, Stretch and minor nute deficiencies were my only negative on an otherwise great 1st Showing so far. I ran the cuttings for 1 month in Veg with very little fem, topping or training. The feeding was very basic with my Jacks Pro @25% for 1week then 50% for 3.

You can see the Jacks pro information in the (“Cheap alternatives to overpriced hydroponic nutrients”) Thread, here on the Farm. The Nute mix is strait from the thread. The amendments are Caps OG biowar in ACT once in early veg and twice in flower, SeaGreen was used as a foliar spray on the MoonDawg f2 only.

I followed the Light schedule @ off 24hr, 12/12 till the 1st show of bud then 11.5/12.5 to 11/13 the last 3 weeks. I may go as far as 10.5/13.5 next time but I am happy with this style of diminished light.

For preventative measure I sprayed 50/50 water/alcohol, My own pepper spray mix, and very lite mix of Neem oil on alternating weeks up to flower, then Stopped. Nothing on the flowers, that’s a no-no IMHO.

As for the MoonDawg f2 I was not as attentive as I should have been as this is a monster of a plant again Very healthy EZ to grow ZERO problems with her and she loves to be fed. I took two cutting from her and will be revenging her Clone at the end of this run . . . .

On the super Loompa positive side, smells are so great I get a contact high every time I am in the flower room the colas are getting so heavy I am looking to have them tied up here soon, and the frost when the HPS is off is EVERYWHERE, what a plant. The second sets of clones are even better.
View attachment 448675
View attachment 448676
View attachment 448677
View attachment 448678

FlyJ

Looking good Fly..Stay Fly bro..Stay Fly.
Respect

Oom pah pah

Oom pah pah

Loompa Farms
Congratulations and a pat on the back to everybody who's still participating and having success! For anybody struggling or discouraged please ask the fellow farmers having success for advice there's no shame and what this project represents is worth any extra effort nobody knows where that magic bean will show that provides the supurior pheno!
This is very true .. In the end this little project will be much bigger than the work of any one individual. Yes there will be praise for those involved most likely but it s about furthering the community .

I'd also like to take this opportunity to say how important temperature is for a plant grown in a structure . Excessive temp can and will kill a plant . The stress from this is unnatural and enormous. Too hot or cold for dioecious sprouts and they will lean more male or more female . In cannabis this is pretty well known but often overlooked in the rush or neglected by accident . Shit happens to the best of us and no one is perfect. Stressing any female dioecious plant will produce male flowers that sometimes are sterile and don't open but other times do and this is in essence how we wind up with feminized seeds given the right conditions . I like to consult the moon phase / almanac/ Mayan calendar when I crack beans . The moon also has a tremendous effect on our lil Friends. .. And then you throw luck of the draw in .

Oom pah pah

Oom pah pah

Loompa Farms

View attachment 448675
View attachment 448676
View attachment 448677
View attachment 448678

FlyJ

Looking great fly j

Oom pah pah

Oom pah pah

Loompa Farms
View attachment 448434 View attachment 448435 View attachment 448437 View attachment 448438 View attachment 448439 View attachment 448440 View attachment 448441 Ok heres meh yeti's and headband ladies doing quite well. My feeding schedule is very kiss simple. Ancient forest or happy frog amendments to a bale of pro-mix bx, plus a couple extra additions of perlite or rocks on the bottom of the pot for added aeration. then jus compost teas mostly.One phenol is small compact and full of trichs really early on. the second is sugary but nowhere near as much, also tried to limit its stretch so far so good. Geez loompa and om pa pa I really enjoy growing your gear guys thx once again.View attachment 448434 View attachment 448435 View attachment 448437 View attachment 448438 View attachment 448439 View attachment 448440 View attachment 448441

What's up vt..Some thc starting to show here .

Shamus

Shamus

Whoa . I've seen some purple phenos turn up in the Yeti s . Not too often though and that one is the purplest I've seen. You using a filter ?
naw its just under a led

you can see the green in the leafs tho

ill get a pic in sunlight so you guys can see how damn near black this plant is

Shamus

Shamus

not as good as daylight.. but
drunkenly got it on a back drop
then picked the only photo that has none of the back drop in it
#thcfarmerproblems
IMG 0275

this pic does its purple no justice.. its out of 30.. and its the only one that smells like apples and astringent

jlr42024

jlr42024

not as good as daylight.. but
drunkenly got it on a back drop
then picked the only photo that has none of the back drop in it
#thcfarmerproblems
View attachment 448941

this pic does its purple no justice.. its out of 30.. and its the only one that smells like apples and astringent
This is what I've been hoping to see! I know a lot of you have found special phenos and that's just what I'm talking about but this unusual expression is a good example.

germinator

germinator

Wowzer nice thumbing ........Wondering if all the buds were on the fade to purps or just your reveg? Bet it tastes lip smacking good.

Top Bottom