Complete Diy Undercurrent Rdwc Instructions

• Thread starter heisen
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

heisen

Had trouble on a flush tonight priming the pump. Not sure what I was doing wrong. Got it going and was pissed off cause I had water everywhere so

I lost my shit over some water on the floor. Did a flush and couldn't get my pump re-primed very easy. Drained nice and easy, refilled just like you do, but the damn pump wouldn't go. Any tips there? My pump is external just like yours. I'm gonna go back down there in a min and clean shit up, but I had to walk away. lol. Running this setup in a 4x4 tent with 6 sites. 1/2hp chiller. 4gallon buckets, 42gallon top off, 55 gallon res to mix r/o and nutes. I need to adjust spacing a bit after this grow. Sites are a little too close to the walls of the tent.
Its air in the line.i unscrew the line that goes into the chiller and pull it out for a split second so the air can push through.when a little bit of water starts to come through pop it back on the chiller and screw it back in.

Badrice

Badrice

I just did the old suck on the pipe until I could siphon enough to hear the pump get primed and let her rip.

H

heisen

I just did the old suck on the pipe until I could siphon enough to hear the pump get primed and let her rip.
lol naw man just take the hose off the intake line that goes to the chiller for a couple seconds while the pumps running.as soon as a little water comes through put it back on and your good to go.

Badrice

Badrice

So glad my chiller showed today, got her bringing them temps under control. Such a good sight.

W

wowoklol

lol naw man just take the hose off the intake line that goes to the chiller for a couple seconds while the pumps running.as soon as a little water comes through put it back on and your good to go.
Yep, that's exactly what I ended up doing after trying just about everything including getting a mouthful of the nutrient solution doing what buddy suggested above. My hair grew like 3 inches today. Learning things!

Medigrow

Medigrow

@heisenbubble

As for air pump, is EcoPlus 793 GPH (3000LPH) is enough? One for each 6 buckets. I know you were talking about hydrofarm 70.

Thank you :)

PpmOver9000

PpmOver9000

I couldn't tell by the videos, how far up do you place your float valve in your epibucket? Or better question is where do you leave your water levels in relation to the cz net pots.

H

heisen

I couldn't tell by the videos, how far up do you place your float valve in your epibucket? Or better question is where do you leave your water levels in relation to the cz net pots.
it doesnt really matter cause the float is adjustable,I put mine about 2 inches down from the top.The water level is about an inch above the bottom of the pot in VEG and i bring it down below the pots in flower

PpmOver9000

PpmOver9000

What parts did you use to set up the drain on the bottom of the totes for the clones. I made a 1 inch hole and stuck a garden hose adapter with a washer in there but it keeps leaking lol. What was your process?

Also what garden hose adapter do you buy to put into the 3/4" black hose? I used a brass garden hose adapter with a threaded end and a hose clamp but it keeps leaking. Is there a barbed version you can link? I cannot find one for the life of me lol.

H

heisen

What parts did you use to set up the drain on the bottom of the totes for the clones. I made a 1 inch hole and stuck a garden hose adapter with a washer in there but it keeps leaking lol. What was your process?

Also what garden hose adapter do you buy to put into the 3/4" black hose? I used a brass garden hose adapter with a threaded end and a hose clamp but it keeps leaking. Is there a barbed version you can link? I cannot find one for the life of me lol.
I'll make a video

ncalgrower

ncalgrower

Thank you so much for a great DIY thread. Can't wait until I move to my new place and can build something like this out!

Palgravefarmer

Palgravefarmer

Hi Heisen,

Thanks for all your info and instructions. Honestly, it's the best instructions I've seen in building a complete rdwc system with chiller. I appreciate it more than you know.

With that, one question: do you also put an air stone in your EPI bucket?

Thanks in advance

Cheers

pdasterly

pdasterly

Hi Heisen,

Thanks for all your info and instructions. Honestly, it's the best instructions I've seen in building a complete rdwc system with chiller. I appreciate it more than you know.

With that, one question: do you also put an air stone in your EPI bucket?

Thanks in advance

Cheers
Heisen been gone

Cultivadude

Cultivadude

Hello everybody who is still in here! I am new to the forum and to this thread and despite HEISEN is gone, I would love to know your input of whomever still read this. :)

I am planning on do this setup but I want to expand it to 4´x16´, so I would guess it would fit 18 buckets in total. I want to know your input and opinions on what adjustments I could do to the system to make it better. I still plan to use 1 1/2 pipes as mentioned, I don't think I should go wider, but what about the pump? Does the same size works? And what about the chiller? Any thoughts or opinions on how would you do this expansion, would be highly appreciated.

Cultivadude

Cultivadude

Hello everybody who is still in here! I am new to the forum and to this thread and despite HEISEN is gone, I would love to know your input of whomever still read this. :)

I am planning on do this setup but I want to expand it to 4´x16´, so I would guess it would fit 18 buckets in total. I want to know your input and opinions on what adjustments I could do to the system to make it better. I still plan to use 1 1/2 pipes as mentioned, I don't think I should go wider, but what about the pump? Does the same size works? And what about the chiller? Any thoughts or opinions on how would you do this expansion, would be highly appreciated.
Screen Shot 2021 05 25 at 74105
@pdasterly I would love to know your opinion on this on please. On the upper area I plan to do (3) SCROGS of 4x16. Any input on this?

Cultivadude

Cultivadude

@pdasterly I would love to know your opinion on this on please. On the upper area I plan to do (3) SCROGS of 4x16. Any input on this?
@Aqua Man Hello friend! Sorry for the inconvenience, hope you can help me with some input or some tips, I plan to do (3) SCROG´s of 4"x16" each one. Any input would be appreciated if I should do some MODS to HEISEN work.
Thanks once again!

Screen Shot 2021 05 25 at 102243

Ironhead1970

Ironhead1970

Here's what I'm working on it's a under current system with the reservoir outside of the tent. Had to stop for a while due to family health issues. Plan to dial it all in this month. I'm going to try to use 315w CMH lights x2 just got to keep the heat down with fans and good air circulation and exhaust.
I Hope it works will see.

Top Bottom