Complete newbie with issues

• Thread starter Goodz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

Goodz

Hi community! Being new to growing and buying a set up I’m having constant issues at the seedling stage. I have the following equipment and settings

Spiderfarmer sf2000 led grow light
Canna professional plus soil mix
Temps around 27c
Humidity 70%
Canna nutrients

I’m hoping some of you with experience could help me out!

Being new I have been dropping my seeds straight into pots and so far all have popped, I have used multiple strains and still getting the same issues

When the seeds start to show I am hanging my light around 30inch above the pots at an intensity ranges between 20-30% and every time I get the same issue after they get a couple of nodes the leaves turn white and wilt or curling then the growth stunts, I have read online that 20% is the best range for this particular light and I have tried at around 10% but got major stretching from the plants. I’m doing very small amounts of watering while they are young and the humidifier is keeping the tent around 70% humidity consistently I just don’t know where I’m going wrong!

Just want to say thanks in advance to anyone willing to help a novice out!

I’ve tried watering more, watering less, different light intensities and height.

I’m not sure but could the soil be an issue?

Pictures attached
Complete newbie with issues
Complete newbie with issues 2
Complete newbie with issues 3
Complete newbie with issues 4

Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

Hello and welcome to the forum.
I did read your post and I'd usually suggest.
The #1 issue is light is way to close. You want to back that light off 30" above the top of your seedling k.
Power level 60%. Do not let the plant grow any closer to the light. You will need to move the light up as the plant gets taller.
I see that you have moved the light quite a bit. I still believe that your plant is having problems with light levels being to high.

I'd also suggest that you shade her for 2 weeks with some cardboard. Let her grow new leaves as most of these are likely going to come off.
See if shading her helps she will green up.

After another look at her I'm wondering if your somehow messing up her feeding.
Any chance you have some of this stuff kicking around? Must be the 12-4-8.
5ml - 1 teaspoon in a gallon of water is about 160 ppm Urea (N) plus everything else. PH 6.0
Keep the water and feeding solution PH 6.0

Give the pot a good soaking. Feed once, then only water for 10 days then
feed again water for 10 days. See if she greens up.
Make sure that you let her dry out good between watering!
Miracle Grow 12 4 8

Last edited:
ArtfulCodger

ArtfulCodger

I agree with @Imzzaudae about the light. When you see the edges of the leaves curling upwards, it's often a sign that there's more light than the plant can handle happily. I'm curious about the feeding. How often are you feeding, and do you know the EC/ppms of your feed and your runoff water? When I see brown tips, I think there might be too much salt in the pot.

Top Bottom