Complete odor control

• Thread starter Slowitdown
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Slowitdown

Slowitdown

Hey all. I was wondering what you guys use for total odor control in a room. I want to run a cycle in a 20 x 50 room all the way through. Meaning I will go from veg to flower to hanging and drying in this room. I have to make sure not enough a little bit of smell leaves the room and I know this will be tough while drying in there. The room is sealed with 6 charcoal filters. I am not to familiar with ozone filters but heard they are good to put outside the room. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

diamond2.0

diamond2.0

Ozone can be a dead givaway too ......................use sparingly with houses around you. One time i forgot and left mine on full that i made , and i noticed my nieghboors standing in thier backyard looking at the sky with thier noses in the air. Woops. A little bit much .lol. I was using a 6k transformer. much smaller scale grow though. Good luck ....

N

noone88

That is a huge room. The thing that worries me is your 50' sections.

Ozone generators work really well. I would place them near the doors leading to the outside/shared spaces.

Slowitdown

Slowitdown

Ozone can be a dead givaway too ......................use sparingly with houses around you. One time i forgot and left mine on full that i made , and i noticed my nieghboors standing in thier backyard looking at the sky with thier noses in the air. Woops. A little bit much .lol. I was using a 6k transformer. much smaller scale grow though. Good luck ....

What exactly does a ozone generator do/how does it work and why were you using a 6k transformer?

diamond2.0

diamond2.0

What exactly does a ozone generator do/how does it work and why were you using a 6k transformer?

Its been to many years for me to put into words. lol . Easiet thing for you to do is read threads on making them. I made a couple different types. I used a 6k neon sign deal . See , i cant even remember what they call it . Oh , a transformer. Thats right. close one . whew. lol.Well , because it was cheap from the neon sign store. got it used. Choke a horse . lol. Very powerfull !!!!!!!

Slowitdown

Slowitdown

Its been to many years for me to put into words. lol . Easiet thing for you to do is read threads on making them. I made a couple different types. I used a 6k neon sign deal . See , i cant even remember what they call it . Oh , a transformer. Thats right. close one . whew. lol.Well , because it was cheap from the neon sign store. got it used. Choke a horse . lol. Very powerfull !!!!!!!

Something like this -

http://www.odorfreemachines.com/-st...0/Detail.bok?gclid=CN7si7-9k8ECFeJcMgodJD4Alg

mastagrowa

mastagrowa

I use can charcoal filters like Can Fan, Phat Filter etc, with inline fans exhausting out of my rooms. This keeps a slight negative pressure and takes care of all odors very effectively. All it takes is a little sucking action and nothing escapes. Running the filters as scrubbers inside the room never really eliminates all the odor, I've found. What sort of AC do you run, package (ducted) or split units?

Slowitdown

Slowitdown

I use can charcoal filters like Can Fan, Phat Filter etc, with inline fans exhausting out of my rooms. This keeps a slight negative pressure and takes care of all odors very effectively. All it takes is a little sucking action and nothing escapes. Running the filters as scrubbers inside the room never really eliminates all the odor, I've found. What sort of AC do you run, package (ducted) or split units?

AC is ducted I believe. I posted a link of the AC unit in the earlier post of this thread. Running inline fans through the lights is not a option for me though..

mastagrowa

mastagrowa

Ok, run the filters on yr AC return ducts. Works great for me...

Slowitdown

Slowitdown

Nice so your return is pulling from the charcoal filter correct? Also, will I have a issue with my CO2 being lost in this situation?

mastagrowa

mastagrowa

Nice so your return is pulling from the charcoal filter correct? Also, will I have a issue with my CO2 being lost in this situation?

Yep that's the returns getting filtered. You will lose a bit of CO2 yes, but it isnt too bad. This room is 27x20x10 and i go thru about 10 gal of propane for my burner every 2 weeks, with my regulator set to 1300ppm. The security of killing the odor is worth that, I think, esp if yr room is somewhere near a lot of people....

Slowitdown

Slowitdown

Yep that's the returns getting filtered. You will lose a bit of CO2 yes, but it isnt too bad. This room is 27x20x10 and i go thru about 10 gal of propane for my burner every 2 weeks, with my regulator set to 1300ppm. The security of killing the odor is worth that, I think, esp if yr room is somewhere near a lot of people....

I am planning on drying/trimming in the same room also. You think that would be a problem with smell? @miko what kind of ozone system do you think I should use for the outside of the room?

miko

miko

I am planning on drying/trimming in the same room also. You think that would be a problem with smell? @miko what kind of ozone system do you think I should use for the outside of the room?

Hey Bud,

I have a pretty large flower room of about 20x22 and 12 feet tall.

Please DONT run any filters or fans except a baby desk fan in your drying room.
It will dry the shit out way to fast and ruin your hard work- I learned the hard way and lost 2 units. Clean the air in the room NEXT to your drying room instead.

I look at odor control as a battle/on going maintenance. It has to be one of your main weekly/daily routines. It doesn't take more than 5 minutes, but I make time for it.

This is what I have for setup.

The most important first step is sealing the room. fill the cracks/corners with more calking/ spray insulation and plastic the walls. Drywall sucks the smell through.
If you have Neighbors this is very, very very well worth your time and $20 worth of calking. DO it first! :)

1. Fa-breeze / Odor Jars. - I get 4 new jars monthly and use about 4 cans of fa-breeze each month.

Dd

2. Big Carbon Filters inside the grow room. When I first ordered these I was unhappy because of the cost. I have dual 8inch power fans on these and keep in mind this is UNDER RATED for my room - meaning I need 4 of these, or I need 2 of the bigger $1,000 filters. What sucks is these have to be changed out every 6 months.

Also, take off the cloth and wash them once 6-8 weeks.

I do use these as fans for my plants too, so kind of dual purpose, dual fans. :)

Bb

3. Ionizers OUTSIDE of the grow rooms. Never run these in a garden.

I have 2 of these and likely will get a 3rd when I upgrade filters again.

These have re-useable plates that you have to clean after a few days. I use Amonia to clean mine and then rinse and dry and change the plates every 2-3 days. They work great when new and are pretty expensive at $10 each, so why I clean them and swap out.

Aa

Cc

Bb
mastagrowa

mastagrowa

A little negative pressure in a well-sealed room is all it takes. I run a smallish can filter with a 6 inch fan exhausting from my trim room and there is no smell outside the room.

Top Bottom