Completely new and in trouble

• Thread starter CTAZ13
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Sungoddes1

Sungoddes1

Thank you very kindly sir!
I have no issues being wrong! I just need to know for certain cause that is how you learn is being willing to make and admit mistakes.

So your telling me that out of 6 seeds that I got that were supposed to be feminine I just got the roll of bad dice and hit 6 males? LOL Or is it true that they could have changed in stress. Or do males dry up like this before creating pollen?
They can change due to stress. But usually you'll have a Male shute not the whole plant. In my experience. Oh fyi, I'm a miss. No stress. Toss out and start over. I suggest you go back to basics. Get a plant that's already sexed from chick with the seed. See what you can do. Take a class, grow an orchid. They are particular, I'd young can get that to bloom, you can do anything with these beauties. But not yours, not the males.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

These are two female pistils
Screenshot 20190831 162300 Chrome

They're the only two female pistils I see in all your pictures, but I suppose there could be more because even male plants like yours will throw an occasional female pistil. Hope this helps, good luck

C

CTAZ13

Again those a dried up bracts, not stigmas. The hairs(stigma) always emerge in pairs of two, not singly like that.

Hopefully it will be like I tell people with the bulldogs. Once you see it for yourself when it is right you will know it without question. Big difference in quality ranges in bulldogs and few can realize what it is to put a rear on one that matches the front. I have driven a couple hundred miles to meet halfway to show guys in person what they just couldnt realize until they had actually seen with their own eyes.

Screen Shot 2019 08 31 at 34150 PM
Screen Shot 2019 08 31 at 34216 PM
Sungoddes1

Sungoddes1

Hopefully it will be like I tell people with the bulldogs. Once you see it for yourself when it is right you will know it without question. Big difference in quality ranges in bulldogs and few can realize what it is to put a rear on one that matches the front. I have driven a couple hundred miles to meet halfway to show guys in person what they just couldnt realize until they had actually seen with their own eyes.
Go grow any flowering plant. It's different than raising animals. You can't compare them. But yes you'll know when it's right but you'll still need guidance.

C

CTAZ13

They can change due to stress. But usually you'll have a Male shute not the whole plant. In my experience. Oh fyi, I'm a miss. No stress. Toss out and start over. I suggest you go back to basics. Get a plant that's already sexed from chick with the seed. See what you can do. Take a class, grow an orchid. They are particular, I'd young can get that to bloom, you can do anything with these beauties. But not yours, not the males.
[/QUOTE]

Sorry I guess without the second S on the end I made an incorrect assumption that it was a different way of saying Gods cause there may have been more than one. You know what they say about assuming. LOL

But as far as going back to her I have already come to learn she was acting the expert and only on her second grow. Nothing she gave us had any potency and never looked like it had any crystals so probably males!! LOL

I mean having never smoked we are clueless. But I have already ordered 3 feminized auto seeds and have them up and started to try to experiment inside. Have them next to southeast windows and then running 1200 watt LED grow light from noon to 1am when the light through windows is less direct. So we shall see if I screw these up too. While they are in vegetative state I will read the book that MIMEDGrower suggested and hope I won't have to bother you guys so much in the future. I came on here to simply try to save a crop that wasn't even worth saving. 🤣 😂 So basically all this to burn up some Cannabis in the wrong way!! 😂😩

DSC03242
DSC03243
DSC03244
Sungoddes1

Sungoddes1

Sorry I guess without the second S on the end I made an incorrect assumption that it was a different way of saying Gods cause there may have been more than one. You know what they say about assuming. LOL

But as far as going back to her I have already come to learn she was acting the expert and only on her second grow. Nothing she gave us had any potency and never looked like it had any crystals so probably males!! LOL

I mean having never smoked we are clueless. But I have already ordered 3 feminized auto seeds and have them up and started to try to experiment inside. Have them next to southeast windows and then running 1200 watt LED grow light from noon to 1am when the light through windows is less direct. So we shall see if I screw these up too. While they are in vegetative state I will read the book that MIMEDGrower suggested and hope I won't have to bother you guys so much in the future. I came on here to simply try to save a crop that wasn't even worth saving. 🤣 😂 So basically all this to burn up some Cannabis in the wrong way!! 😂😩
[/QUOTE]
What are you using as a grow mix? Reg potting soil? Did you add stuff?

C

CTAZ13

Go grow any flowering plant. It's different than raising animals. You can't compare them. But yes you'll know when it's right but you'll still need guidance.
Most definitely I will need guidance. But sometimes a picture just doesn't do the real thing justice! Photos being 2d vs. 3d can be deceiving. Those dogs look thick in pics. WAAAAY Thicker in person. And I am definitely more a visual and audio learning having ADHD. Makes it really hard for me to just set and read page after page. Forums tend to be much easier on that cause I can scan about a bit and not feel so trapped!

C

CTAZ13

And yes the animal and plant may be different but still the same. I mean to the novice like me you make the mistake of throwing some seed in some soil. TO a novice in animals they get a male and a female. But to take dogs that are genetically dysplastic and have them scoring Penn Hips better than the average in most of your athlete breeds other than Greyhound and whippet takes some serious knowledge and understanding and also planning and tracking. To take dogs scoring in the high.6's and .7's down to dogs scoring in high .2's and low .3's where the lower the better doesnt happen on mistake. It takes some understanding and ability to select. I didnt stumble onto hips scoring in the top 90% every time out by just slapping a male and a female together. No more than a guy takes a cannabis plant that has low THCV % of .06 and selects it to a strain consistently produce. 2% range.

dcgolfer

dcgolfer

Thank you very kindly sir!
I have no issues being wrong! I just need to know for certain cause that is how you learn is being willing to make and admit mistakes.

So your telling me that out of 6 seeds that I got that were supposed to be feminine I just got the roll of bad dice and hit 6 males? LOL Or is it true that they could have changed in stress. Or do males dry up like this before creating pollen?

The best advice I can give is to listen to this site, it has helped me tremendously. All good stuff in this thread. Here is a pic of both things you are looking at yellow is the "hairs" and the blue is the bracts. Go with feminized or I have gone the cuttings route. Make a nursery and Guaranteed every time!
Inked8 LI

7 20

C

CTAZ13

The best advice I can give is to listen to this site, it has helped me tremendously. All good stuff in this thread. Here is a pic of both things you are looking at yellow is the "hairs" and the blue is the bracts. Go with feminized or I have gone the cuttings route. Make a nursery and Guaranteed every time!
View attachment 892279
View attachment 892281
Having read some more it is quite possible that I somehow stressed them into hermaphrodites. I started them late in June and we are already hitting 100 by then. I gave them full sun. SO what started as females I do believe could have looked to pollinate themselves. My understanding from another post was that they do this during poor growing seasons to make sure they continue the population. When no males are available. Although they could have all been males to start it is certainly possible since the seed was given me by what I have come to find out was a novice herself. SO if she sexed them herself and did not use colloidal silver to spray a branch and create one that would seed (another thing I have read since this post) then she could have identified them wrong and taught me the same. But through the first month and a half they had no balls near the very long stems that looked to be splitting at the top then stopped and withered and everything just kind of stopped. WE had 2 weeks over 105 and then a few cool days and right back to over 105 for a week. I had them full sun all day long for 16-18 hours of those kind of heat. WE were not even cooling below 95 at night. This red clay out here keeps things baking long after the sun is down. It is much hotter here than houston 9 hours south of us. I have lived in both. And have a friend from Miami that is like I dont know how you bear that damn heat! LOL SO I am gonna have to use my woods more wisely in the future and give them a more natural setting. I made the mistake of reading a little on forums and not considering that most growers are not in nearly as hot a climate as mine.
Either way I will just keep reading and learning. The only reason for this post was to try to save a crop that I was at wits end with. I won't make that mistake again. Quite frankly wasn't a ver friendly response to an admitted total novice. I am doing this to relieve stress not create it so I dont need this kind of atmosphere.

dcgolfer

dcgolfer

Having read some more it is quite possible that I somehow stressed them into hermaphrodites. I started them late in June and we are already hitting 100 by then. I gave them full sun. SO what started as females I do believe could have looked to pollinate themselves. My understanding from another post was that they do this during poor growing seasons to make sure they continue the population. When no males are available. Although they could have all been males to start it is certainly possible since the seed was given me by what I have come to find out was a novice herself. SO if she sexed them herself and did not use colloidal silver to spray a branch and create one that would seed (another thing I have read since this post) then she could have identified them wrong and taught me the same. But through the first month and a half they had no balls near the very long stems that looked to be splitting at the top then stopped and withered and everything just kind of stopped. WE had 2 weeks over 105 and then a few cool days and right back to over 105 for a week. I had them full sun all day long for 16-18 hours of those kind of heat. WE were not even cooling below 95 at night. This red clay out here keeps things baking long after the sun is down. It is much hotter here than houston 9 hours south of us. I have lived in both. And have a friend from Miami that is like I dont know how you bear that damn heat! LOL SO I am gonna have to use my woods more wisely in the future and give them a more natural setting. I made the mistake of reading a little on forums and not considering that most growers are not in nearly as hot a climate as mine.
Either way I will just keep reading and learning. The only reason for this post was to try to save a crop that I was at wits end with. I won't make that mistake again. Quite frankly wasn't a ver friendly response to an admitted total novice. I am doing this to relieve stress not create it so I dont need this kind of atmosphere.

I have only been at it for less than a year but it can be very therapeutic, I love growing my ladies but very similar to golf because at any moment it can drive me crazy. I went through the lockout at the end of this last run but thankfully it was at the end of harvest. Hard lesson on the sex change here but live and learn right? Don't let simple things stress ya just try to make it easier next time. LAD (learn after doing). Cutting from mother plant was a great route for me. Have you considered going indoors or greenhouse (low cost/makeshift of course). Gives you more control over the environment...

dcgolfer

dcgolfer

I made this out of my daughter's last cake box, plastic hanger, and some plastic wrap.
20190307 140026
20190307 140129

I found a pic of my first makeshift nursery...lol
20190224 191703

Happy Growing...

skinnypuppy

skinnypuppy

I would suggest starting off with some fem sexed seeds or clones if you can. Use a good organic composted soil with mycorrhizae supplement with worm castings and perlite. Water and use low dose organic N nute for soil . Keep things simple and study your pants, They usually let you know what they need or are getting too much of. Remember Less is usually better in terms of nutes or fucking with your plants in general. If you are outside give them afternoon partial shade (in the summer) if it is 105 etc.... Morning and evening sun is great. Someone will likely chime in and say you should do this or that extreme thing take it with a grain of salt keep it simple It will grow if you pay attention to them. When I mess things up it is usually out of shear laziness Bad IPM or neglect.

PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

Funny MIMed the very first book I opened up says grow in miracle grow. Everyone i have read on any forum has said miracle grow is a big no no. 😂🤔
It works okay in pots but you're stuck when it comes to adding additional fertilizers. It's one dimensional. In soil I'll never use again. Kills beneficial bacteria and adds salt to your soil. I've said it many times but it bears repeating, FUCK MIRACLE GROW. I won't use their shit even free. So there's that.

Otherwise read blogs and articles on soil and fertilizers. Look up prices on Amazon and see what fits in your budget and go from there. There's a lot of good mixes and ferts that work well.

If your growing outdoors you should put a couple in the ground. Amend the soil first but you'll get larger plants with unlimited root space. Good Luck!

skinnypuppy

skinnypuppy

Oh and if your PH is at 9 like you said in another post You have to deal with that If you are on a well it may be all over the place in the summer Soil is usually pretty forgiving but that seems a bit high when you are shooting for around 6.5 or so If you don't want to buy a fancy pen just use the liquid tests things you can buy at most garden shops

C

CTAZ13

It works okay in pots but you're stuck when it comes to adding additional fertilizers. It's one dimensional. In soil I'll never use again. Kills beneficial bacteria and adds salt to your soil. I've said it many times but it bears repeating, FUCK MIRACLE GROW. I won't use their shit even free. So there's that.

Otherwise read blogs and articles on soil and fertilizers. Look up prices on Amazon and see what fits in your budget and go from there. There's a lot of good mixes and ferts that work well.

If your growing outdoors you should put a couple in the ground. Amend the soil first but you'll get larger plants with unlimited root space. Good Luck!

My ground is rock hard red clay. It is not far from Utah soil. They dont call it the red river for nothing. You can touch my ground with your bare foot at night and still it is warmer than you are. That clay stays so hot. Which is why we feel even hotter than places like houston miami etc. Cause at night we dont cool down as much and ground is still holding heat when sun comes up so doesnt take it near as long to get us back to 100. So I really dont think that would be a good idea. The dustbowl happened here cause once they plowed up the native stuff that would grow here nothing they planted could endure. And the winds are so high it blew away the top soil which is already a joke. But then even native stuff wont grow. I have spots that as large as 10 x 10 and i have tried to amend them with a 1.5 cu foot bag of compost and still nothing growing. LOL Its some rough stuff!! Lots of pink granite throughout which is about the only redeeming soil is right around the granite that has started to decay. W are the Rose Rock capital of the world. Rose Rock is the Oklahoma state rock. Legend goes that they were given to the indians by their God for what they suffered on the trail of tears. They are super cool for sure

Screen Shot 2019 08 31 at 65209 PM
Screen Shot 2019 08 31 at 65253 PM
Screen Shot 2019 08 31 at 65307 PM
Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Agree, I'm having a Miracle-Gro meltdown right now! :/ OP here's a few ideas pulled from that Home Depot link you posted earlier, low-cost & I'm familiar with and would use both products if foxfarm wasn't an option, in fact I spoke with a very informative Kellogg's representative at their 800 number yesterday

The Kellogg's is a soil, the Proven Winners is a peat based product, hope this helps

Screenshot 20190831 182208 Chrome
Screenshot 20190831 182531 Chrome

Top Bottom