Compost Tea Burn

• Thread starter still_mikigan
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
still_mikigan

still_mikigan

The 2 times i tried to use compost tea i burned my plants. Is the a good recipe out there

tomatoesarecooltoo

tomatoesarecooltoo

I am no expert, but this what I do and it doesn't burn my plants (cannabis or veggies)

Worm compost (fresh from my worm bin) I don't measure it but its probably around 6-10 cups
1 cup molasses
1/2 cup kelp
in 55 gallon drum
brewed overnight.
Sometimes I add a cup or so of insect frass.

I see significantly better results with the worm compost than any bottled or powdered microbe.

Are you throwing in a ton of dry amendments or something?

still_mikigan

still_mikigan

I am no expert, but this what I do and it doesn't burn my plants (cannabis or veggies)

Worm compost (fresh from my worm bin) I don't measure it but its probably around 6-10 cups
1 cup molasses
1/2 cup kelp
in 55 gallon drum
brewed overnight.
Sometimes I add a cup or so of insect frass.

I see significantly better results with the worm compost than any bottled or powdered microbe.

Are you throwing in a ton of dry amendments or something?

Yep thats what happened. i didnt think i was using a lot but i guess i was. I have a TDM/PPM so now maybe that will help me too

tomatoesarecooltoo

tomatoesarecooltoo

Yep thats what happened. i didnt think i was using a lot but i guess i was. I have a TDM/PPM so now maybe that will help me too

I like to use just enough to feed the microbes.I have seen people use more successfully though. A lot of people really crank up the molasses, but I don't want to attract ants.

Top Bottom