Compost Tea

• Thread starter bmvortex81
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
bmvortex81

bmvortex81

hey everyone i got a question. i have been useing a 55 gal barrel for composting and its damn near full, what i have been doin is throwing everything in there and mixing it only when i put new matter in it. the liquid in the barrel is right at about the height of the plant matter in there, can i strain that and use it in my plants as a tea? thx for the input.

bmvortex81

bmvortex81

well uh i havnt pulled none out yet i was just checking b4 i go ham on it ya know cause right now im not dedicated to it, what im doing is working fine, buuuut if it will help my wifes and i plants i will desinate time to it ya know. i love trying new things this was actually the idea i was going for is a compost but its more liquid then not and no rain can get into it so uhmmm dk lol

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

Compost is moist but not wet and definitely not under water,read up on it a little more.

bmvortex81

bmvortex81

i know that its supposed to b drier im just wondering if i can use the liquid for a tea or at least like a base. is there anyway to test it? prolly have to take it somewhere i know theres a cornell coperitive extension <----- however the fuck ya spell it lol, near me they test water and soil and stuff........ can i go by ppm's?

Dabominable

Dabominable

i know that its supposed to b drier im just wondering if i can use the liquid for a tea or at least like a base. is there anyway to test it? prolly have to take it somewhere i know theres a cornell coperitive extension <----- however the fuck ya spell it lol, near me they test water and soil and stuff........ can i go by ppm's?
Without testing it, the best bet (if you really, really wanted to go through with it) is to try a little in an AACT, maybe just introduce it to one plant (preferably one you are not too attached too), and go from there. Introducing unknown biological contaminants can start a whole new path down a road of fuck-upped-ness. Weird diseases, leaf spot, leaf tip molds. I have personally seen it happen at a good friend's house.

Latest posts

Top Bottom