Compost

• Thread starter brownred
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
brownred

brownred

Is Ocean Forrest or Happy Frog considered Compost?
If not what is a good bagged composts to buy?
I was to try to make some super soil.
Thanks

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Those are considered soil mixes or super soils I have never used them some are pretty hot in Nutes all you need is to water ph correct for the first 2 to 3 months . I’m sure someone else that’s experienced in those types of mixes .

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Both are great potting soil mixes you can use either straight out of the bag or to build your own soil. Natures living soil is a great compost you can use to build your own soil mix. This is a recipe I’ve been using lately with tremendous success.

40% FFOF
30% Coco Coir
20% Perlite
10% Worm Castings

Added to this mix I also use:
Natures Living Soil - As directed
Epsom Salt - Sprinkled and mixed in

For seedlings and freshly rooted clones I use the above soil mixed with another 50% coco coir to dilute the nutrients until they can handle it. This mix is much cooler than FFOF straight out of the bag. I also top dress with natures living soil about 1/2 way through and give the plants a compost tea every so often. Be sure to add epsom salt to your watering solution every week or so as the plants really like eating that stuff up. When the stalks and stems turn purple hit them with more epsom salt. This method requires little fertilization in the beginning but you’ll want to supplement organic nutes about 1/2 way through until the end to keep em happy. Some strains require more and some require less. Use your judgement and experience when supplementing additional nutrients.

Top Bottom