Compound Genetics BX/cloning: It's going to be busy the next few months

• Thread starter High5_it_in
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
High5_it_in

High5_it_in

I made some crosses last year with Compound Genetics Gastro Pop, and Violet Fog using Envy Genetics Verry Cherry(Cherry Pie Kush x Blowpops), and Kashmere Kush(Quantum Hammer x Khyber Kush) males

This year I'm taking those crosses and backcrossing them. The Verry Cherry crosses will be flowering soon, I popped them earlier and they've been running for a little while. I'm keeping them on the smaller side until after they get sexed. I should've popped a few more to ensure I would get multiple males. I'll start a few more when I pop the Kashmere Kush crosses. I didn't plan on running all these at once, but um....well one thing led to another, and I have all these going 🤨 😎😬.

(Regs)
Gastro Pop x Verry Cherry(5 running)
Violet Fog x Verry Cherry(4 running)
LIT Farms Bad Decisions (4 running)
LIT Farms Ballerz (4 running)

IMG_8114.JPG

(Fems)
Compound Genetics Gastro Pop(2 running)
Compound Genetics Violet Fog(2 running)
Compound Genetics Gaschata(2 running)
Compound Genetics Apples & Banana's(3 running)
Compound Genetics Grape Gasoline(CLTVTD cut) (5 running)
Gary Payton (3 running)
Tony Greens Ol Dirty Bubble(3 running)
IMG_8124.JPG

High5_it_in

High5_it_in

I trimmed up these Grape Gasoline clones to enhance their chances of survival, and put the mini clones in water, eventually 2 of 3 sprouted roots. I think maybe I gave up too soon on the last one?
Grape Gasoline Day 2a

These are the transplanted clones, far left is one of the mini clones I trimmed off
Grape Gasoline 1 3 Grape Gasoline 4 far left

The other mini clone popped out some solid roots and I put it in soil last night
Grape Gasoline 5

A dozen clones went in my new BuildaSoil cloner, 3 clones are still awaiting roots (1 Gary Payton, 2 Ol Dirty Bubble). I'm happy with the cloner's results. I don't know what it is but some root fast, others show nothing then WHAM 24 hours later ya look at them and roots are sticking out. Clone survival is a worrisome time especially when your really excited about a particular cultivar. I taped a piece of bubble wrap to the top of the humidity dome to diffuse the light from my Chilled Tech 65w LED. The tent is a small AC Infinity 36" x 20" x 62", it's a pretty nice size and setup for seeds and clones
IMG 8130

IMG 8123

IMG 8125

High5_it_in

High5_it_in

Everything is out of the cloner now. Gary Payton, and Ole Dirty Bubble clones are looking kind of rough, I don't know what it is? but I do have a single clone of each that are looking good. Apples & Banana's all cloned really fast and vigorously.
IMG 8166

Most importantly my Grape Gasoline's are looking good and continuing to improve 4 weeks after arrival.
IMG 8167

My REGS are flipping to flower Sunday, they've been going from seed since early June. Then I'm looking to isolate the males, collect pollen, and free up room for the next run(FEMS) to veg out, ideally I'll end up with 2 females of each cultivar of my REGS. 🖖
IMG 8169

IMG 8170
Last edited:
High5_it_in

High5_it_in

Well I guess the reason those clones were looking rough is that they were under attack from Aphids. I didn't know what I was looking at obviously, and brought them into my veg tent. I've "fully nuked" them twice with this crap.
IMG 8192

It seems to be working, I didn't see anything moving after the first "nuking" but I put another few megatons of smackdown on them anyhow☠️💀☠️
IMG 8196

I'll let them recover for a week, and keep an eye on them. I think I'm going to totally ditch the soil when I transplant to 3/4 gal bags(they're in 1/4 gal now). I don't think that'll be too traumatic for them. I'll just gently break away as much as I can, then dip them in a 5 gallon bucket of water to clean off the rest, inspect the roots, then transplant into new soil. Toss all the soil they came in contact with, clean and disinfect everything, I don't want to under do it knocking them out

ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
Keep going fam I like what you got planned. I’m glad the Grape Gas pulled thru. You got some fun stuff to work with it looks like. I’m going to hunt this pack of peanut butter stomper I got from Sunken Treasure seeds to find a nice male and a winning female. Someone I know put me on to this breeder 😉
223B25C2 3040 4961 834D F01C31C82A9D
8FAC8AF4 54B6 4F5C 8771 A2F96874D21A

High5_it_in

High5_it_in

I don’t think so I ordered from a seedbank I forgot which one
I've been keeping an eye out for restocks of Grapestomper OG, nothing yet,,,Idk? I think it might be a solid pickup to snag Stompurp for $100, it comes with GCP or Powerpurp freebies. I'd actually get both Stompurp, and Purple Heart, so I could snag both those freebies. I've grown the Powerpurp and it was the surprise favorite, everyone liked it...great value 4 Sunken Treasure cultivars for $200, oh shit they just popped off a sale

ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
I've been keeping an eye out for restocks of Grapestomper OG, nothing yet,,,Idk? I think it might be a solid pickup to snag Stompurp for $100, it comes with GCP or Powerpurp freebies. I'd actually get both Stompurp, and Purple Heart, so I could snag both those freebies. I've grown the Powerpurp and it was the surprise favorite, everyone liked it...great value 4 Sunken Treasure cultivars for $200, oh shit they just popped off a sale

I was looking at it all trying to hold myself back from buying another pack lol

High5_it_in

High5_it_in

I find it hard to completely stop 100%, it's better to just try to limit acquisitions to a handful of times a year. They'll have other sales for sure, but they just popped off that sell last night, if there's something you're on the fence about. Golden opportunity for lot's of Sunken Treasure goodness for $140. I almost bought some myself, but I have nearly a dozen of their cultivars....most of them I got on sales like this...IDK? don't sleep, isn't that what they always say?>>> : )

those $100 ones for $70 where ya can get 3 for $210 really give ya a lot compared to a $200 pack. The GCP freebies are like 15 seeds, I suspect the PowerPurp is a full pack...but not sure? That's my Powerpurp from last year

IMG 7246
Last edited:
ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
I find it hard to completely stop 100%, it's better to just try to limit acquisitions to a handful of times a year. They'll have other sales for sure, but they just popped off that sell last night, if there's something you're on the fence about. Golden opportunity for lot's of Sunken Treasure goodness for $140. I almost bought some myself, but I have nearly a dozen of their cultivars....most of them I got on sales like this...IDK? don't sleep, isn't that what they always say?>>> : )

those $100 ones for $70 where ya can get 3 for $210 really give ya a lot compared to a $200 pack. The GCP freebies are like 15 seeds, I suspect the PowerPurp is a full pack...but not sure? That's my Powerpurp from last year
I’m about to cave you’re not helping! I’m drinking a tall at hooters right now getting some food I need to divert my attention before it’s to late lol!

High5_it_in

High5_it_in

Sounds like a nice afternoon 😍 this thread needs Hooters titties if there's some nice ones

It's hard to pass up if you're not holding them, I was pleasantly surprised with Powerpurp!!! Everybody was!! That really made me happy I had more of his Mendo Purp line. I popped the Powerpurp to find a male to hit Gastro pop with because it has Blue Power and Mendo purps as does Apples & Banana's, but I didn't get one. Between Violet Fog, GastroPop and Powerpurp,They were all good but I actually liked the Powerpurp the most.

I'm a fan...I have

HighMAC
GrapeSomper OG BX
Heartbreaker Oz
Ice Cream Oz
Purple Heart
Capt Hook's
Stompurp
Powerpurp
Gorilla Purp
Purple Ape
GCP

Last edited:
High5_it_in

High5_it_in

The males are out of the 4x4 and into a 2x4, I have 10 females, and 7 males
IMG 8212

and the ladies in 3/4 gallon bags went into 1.5 gallon bags
IMG 8217

In the clone/seedling tent, I haven't seen anymore signs of aphids in almost a week...Everything is looking great!!!
IMG 8223

They're raring to go, I just need collect some pollen soon, and make some moves for some of them, and the mother's will stay

Grape Gasoline
IMG 8218

Gaschata
IMG 8220

Gastro Pop
IMG 8221

Violet Fog
IMG 8222

Apples & Banana's
IMG 8219

They're going to explode when they get out of these 1/4 gallon bags 😍🥰😘

High5_it_in

High5_it_in

Everything is moving along nicely, I collected pollen from all the males, and laid them to rest at around 2 1/2 weeks of flower. I got lucky to get at least one male for each cultivar, now I can pollinate some lower branches later this weekend. Monday will be the start of week 4 of flower. I'm feeding Flora Flex B1, B2, Bulky B, and Full Tilt, no really problems except for a few fungus gnats
IMG 8237

(Regs)
Gastro Pop x Verry Cherry(5 running) 3 females 2 males
Violet Fog x Verry Cherry(4 running) 3 females 1 male
LIT Farms Bad Decisions (4 running) 3 females 1 male
LIT Farms Ballerz (4 running) 1 female 3 males

Everything is looking good flowering in the 4x4
IMG 8256

IMG 8255

One of my crosses from last year
IMG 8257

I wanted to raise my HLG 550 but I was at max height with the wire chain that came with it. I bought some chain, and got it up a bit, I could take out another link or two and go higher also
IMG 8261

I moved in some more clones to veg out for a little while in my recently vacated 2 x 4.
Ol Dirty Bubble(1)
Gary Payton(1)
Apples & Banana's(2)
Violet Fog(1)
Gastro Pop(1)
Gaschata(1)
Grape Gasoline(2)
IMG 8254

I probably have enough going to keep me busy through winter, but feel like I should start some reg seeds to cross with Grape Gasoline, maybe try a reversal?
Sunken Treasure HighMAC?
Aficionado Pancakez?
Aficionado V-Spec?
Capulator MAC Stomper?
IMG 8253

High5_it_in

High5_it_in

I have a light I didn't know about on my humidifier. I don't know if that caused my females to herm or what(I don't see anything)? but a lot more of my tent is seeded than I thought or wanted. I've since whacked my flowering females down to one of each cultivar. I close up checked my ladies for nanners and male parts and nothing. I guess it's possible when I collected pollen it drifted through the air, and ended up getting sucked into my closed up tent?. It kind of sucks not knowing how they were pollinated, but another lesson learned, I'll totally segregate my males to a completely different room in the future. My humidifier is now wrapped in black electrical tape also. Not really bummed too much, basically it's just a little unfortunate. Lessons were learned though, and I'm happy to move up my players in the batting order. So my 4 flowering plants are through 5 weeks, and will now in the back of my tent, and my plants in veg are taking over the rest of the 4x4 🖖
IMG 8311

Maybe y'all could do a double check nanner and ball patrol over my close up pics?
IMG 8313
IMG 8314
IMG 8315
IMG 8316
IMG 8317
IMG 8318
IMG 8319
IMG 8320
IMG 8321

Last edited:
High5_it_in

High5_it_in

In the back of the tent through 6 weeks of flower for
Gastro Pop x Verry Cherry(1 running)
Violet Fog x Verry Cherry(1 running)
LIT Farms Bad Decisions (1 running)
LIT Farms Ballerz (1 running)
IMG 8340

The rest I moved up early are through a little more than 1 week of flower. I'm just going to call it one week.
Gaschata(1 running)
Violet Fog(1 running)
Gastro Pop(1 running)
Ol Dirty Bubble(1 running)
Apples & Banana's(2 running)
Grape Gasoline(2 running)

IMG 8343

IMG 8342

In my veg tent I have most of them backed up. I think I'll try to hold some mothers and also try some reversals. I also have the 2 half of my crosses using Kashmere Kush I might pop them just to see what they look like then go from there. I also want to pop and F2 1 or 2 packs of some cultivars on my short list.

My short list isn't very short lol, but mostly looking at hitting the Grape Gasoline with some of them

MAC Stomper
Grape Pie x Kush Mints 11
HighMAC
Grapestomper OG BX
Sunset Impressions No.7
Grape Blow
Pancakez
Rumcakez
V-Spec

High5_it_in

High5_it_in

Week 7 I moved the 4 plants that are finishing soon into my 2x4 for week 8, they'll probably get some flushing into week 9 and then get chopped.
IMG 8405
IMG 8406
IMG 8407
IMG 8408

The other 9 in week 2 of flower took over the 4x4. I already hit Grape Gasoline with Seed Junky's Grape Pie x Kush Mints 11, I might as well hit a branch of Gaschata with it as well. So these are my new crosses, and I also took a bunch more clones to back everything up(just in case)

Pollen_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________Female Recipient
Grape Pie x Kush Mints 11Grape Gasoline
Grape Pie x Kush Mints 11
Gaschata
Bad Decisions(A&B's x Temptation)Apples & Banana's
Ballerz(Gary Payton x Temptation)Gary Payton
Gastro Pop/Verry CherryGastro Pop
Violet Fog/Verry CherryViolet Fog

IMG 8387

🖖 😬

Latest posts

Top Bottom