compressorless water chiller? anyone using 1?

• Thread starter c0rnfed
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

c0rnfed

I have been in the market for a 2-3 hp chiller, and have ran into chillkings compressorless chiller.. they claim it will chill water within 5 degrees of ambient air.. outsside of course.. my question is anyone actually tried one of these things under load? Thx for any info

D

DaWiz

Well unless you live in the Artic i dont see where it only cooling the water temp to -5 degrees below ambient air temp is going to do any good! SoCal winters never even get below 45-50 degrees so it would barely work then and would be useless during the summer when its 120 degrees! Ive looked at the same one but it wont cut it here! Just my 2cents!:anim_10:

S

SomeoneYouKnow

2-3hp is a mighty good sized chiller.

How large is your rez, and what amount of temperature drop are you trying to accomplish?

I've used many active rez in the 100gal range with only 1/2 to 3/4hp chillers.

SYK

C

c0rnfed

Iam trying to cool 3600ws, with the iceboxes.. ive got a 1/2hp chiller but its only good for 1 600 maybe 2 with 40 gallon res.. Iam looking to cool the water to 55-60 degrees.

S

SomeoneYouKnow

I think you are going to have to look at a installing a real bona fide chiller to get temps like that. I heard Eco Plus makes some cheap ones, but have never used them. Get a 1/2hp and you should be golden.

Hope it Helps

SYK

B

budleydoright

Or build one out of a window AC unit for about 300 bucks. I run 2 1ks on a 6000 btu window AC converted to a chiller. 2 fresca sols and about 50 gallons of water.

B

burnedout

Or build one out of a window AC unit for about 300 bucks. I run 2 1ks on a 6000 btu window AC converted to a chiller. 2 fresca sols and about 50 gallons of water.

any chance you can provide more info on how to do this?

A

AbusiveOGK

Thanks the link, it's up in the DIY Farm section. Hope that helps.

K

kmk4eva

yea out here in the so cal desert that would only make things worse 120 outside so you have a 115 degree water no good

Top Bottom