Concentrating Tincture Help

• Thread starter Joshius
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Joshius

Joshius

No stems. Ruins the taste.

I disagree. I think it really depends on the stems. I love the tastes of stems. I usually chew on them when I am breaking up. The taste is amazing. I have started to put a few drops in my Monster Rehab Peach Tea and that seems to do the trick.

PlumberSoCal2

PlumberSoCal2

I disagree. I think it really depends on the stems. I love the tastes of stems. I usually chew on them when I am breaking up. The taste is amazing. I have started to put a few drops in my Monster Rehab Peach Tea and that seems to do the trick.
Me two, but I bought 10 grams of stems from a dispensary a couple years ago, made tincture and just wasted the alcohol. Seriously, won't do it again even with my grown.

Made it with kief and damn. Quality in...

Joshius

Joshius

Some of us are Irish and like the booze🍸

I tried the vg a few years ago and wasn't thrilled with the end product but I was puffing my brains out so it might have been good but I'd never have know it🤣

I also tried evaporating the alcohol before mixing and the oil wouldn't mix with vg or pg. Good for dabs though!

I like the booze extract a lot but can't (should not) vape it.

I'll give it another go😉

I have no issues per say with the burn. I am a drinker so it's not really an issue. I did feel like I would end up with a blister under my tongue through repeated use. Drinking it's not the issue, holding it under my tongue until it fully absorbs is lol

Joshius

Joshius

Me two, but I bought 10 grams of stems from a dispensary a couple years ago, made tincture and just wasted the alcohol. Seriously, won't do it again even with my grown.

The stems I used were visibly coated in crystals. I actually have two tinctures going and the one I used stems + bud has a nice dark green color and a very pungent marijuana aroma. The one I used just bud in turned a bit brown and doesn't smell near as nice. Still decent potency though.

the rrock

the rrock

How much per gram did the stems cost,didnt know ive been throwing money away for the last 42 years. Your right Plumber seems like a waste of booze.

PlumberSoCal2

PlumberSoCal2

How much per gram did the stems cost,didnt know ive been throwing money away for the last 42 years. Your right Plumber seems like a waste of booze.
$1 a gram, I bugged em for like 3-4 months before they said ok. These were small bud stems, none over a few cm long or a mm wide from good to excellent flowers - I bought Northern lights, GG#4, Mendo Perps, good stuff, it got me high. Flower stems coated in trichs. Told em what I was doing and bought 10 grams, decarbed, and soaked in 2 ounces 190. Ya know what it tasted like? Stems. Tossed it.

I like the taste of alcohol tincture. This vg stuff I'm smoking tastes nice in the vape but too sweet under the tongue.

I've made it out of stems, leaf, trim, flower and now kief and the better quality makes me want to run everything through hash bags with dry ice and compost the rest.

PlumberSoCal2

PlumberSoCal2

Dude, if you like this stuff ROCK ON! Don't mean to rain on your parade but for me the best I can extract from, the better everything.

I've been taking 1 ml daily to alievate muscle spasms for several years and in all that time it hasn't gotten me high and I've taken a wee bit more than my usual 1 ml dose from time to time, until this batch made from kief. This stuff is good for what's wrong. Physical, mental, don't matter. Less pain and better mood. I like it.

Joshius

Joshius

A few more questions. I think I asked earlier, but I don't think I got a specific answer.

Is there a point at which I should stop soaking? Like a point where there is no benefit from leaving the same bud in there? Or will it be stronger the longer I leave it in there?

And also is there a point at which the everclear will stop extracting THC from new bud put in there? Like it is one soak or should I be putting new stuff in there whenever I have it?

FourthCity

FourthCity

A few more questions. I think I asked earlier, but I don't think I got a specific answer.

Is there a point at which I should stop soaking? Like a point where there is no benefit from leaving the same bud in there? Or will it be stronger the longer I leave it in there?

And also is there a point at which the everclear will stop extracting THC from new bud put in there? Like it is one soak or should I be putting new stuff in there whenever I have it?
Shorter soaks will come out cleaner with less unwanted plant material being absorbed by the alcohol but will leave behind some thc. Every mix of material you use (bud, trim, hash, etc) will have different results with different times, there is no universal answer. If you are worried about making sure you extract everything then I would just do multiple separate runs with fresh alcohol. Do the first soak for 3 hours and strain for your first tincture, then do more soaks and test the results until you dont think there is any more thc being absorbed. After that, if you just want the highest thc concentration, you can add all the tinctures together and let the alcohol evaporate until it reaches your desired potency.

Joshius

Joshius

Shorter soaks will come out cleaner with less unwanted plant material being absorbed by the alcohol but will leave behind some thc. Every mix of material you use (bud, trim, hash, etc) will have different results with different times, there is no universal answer. If you are worried about making sure you extract everything then I would just do multiple separate runs with fresh alcohol. Do the first soak for 3 hours and strain for you first tincture, do more soaks and test the results until you dont think there is any more thc being absorbed. Then, if you just want the highest thc concentration, you can add all the tinctures together and let the alcohol evaporate until it reaches your desired potency.

So would there be a point at which doing another soak with fresh bud be pointless? I don't use tinctures that often and basically want to know how long to soak until it's pointless and no longer extracting THC from what's in there and is there a point where doing a fresh soak with new bud does nothing? Like will the Everclear ever eventually stop extracting any TCH even with fresh bud if I do "too many soaks".

Sorry again if what I am asking seems silly. I would rather not be mixing tinctures and just want to keep one going increasing it's potency over time through multiple soaks if possible. Just don't want to be doing this for months with repeated soaks to find out it's not doing anything lol

FourthCity

FourthCity

So would there be a point at which doing another soak with fresh bud be pointless? I don't use tinctures that often and basically want to know how long to soak until it's pointless and no longer extracting THC from what's in there and is there a point where doing a fresh soak with new bud does nothing? Like will the Everclear ever eventually stop extracting any TCH even with fresh bud if I do "too many soaks".

Sorry again if what I am asking seems silly. I would rather not be mixing tinctures and just want to keep one going increasing it's potency over time through multiple soaks if possible. Just don't want to be doing this for months with repeated soaks to find out it's not doing anything lol
I think thc can dissolve on a one to one ratio to alcohol. So if you have 1oz of pure thc it will dissolve completely as long as its in 1oz of pure alcohol. Everclear is 95% alcohol so 1oz of everclear can mix with up to .95oz of pure thc. The problem is that you are throwing more into the everclear than pure thc, right? Every mix you add will be different. Any plant material that is absorbed by the alcohol will reduce its capacity to retain thc, which is why I said you need to make clean tinctures and combine them. Its fine if you would rather not do it that way but you will not get the good results while trying to cut corners. To me it would be pointless wasting good material to make a foul tasting dark green tincture that I never want to use.

Joshius

Joshius

I think thc can dissolve on a one to one ratio to alcohol. So if you have 1oz of pure thc it will dissolve completely as long as its in 1oz of pure alcohol. Everclear is 95% alcohol so 1oz of everclear can mix with up to .95oz of pure thc. The problem is that you are throwing more into the everclear than pure thc, right? Every mix you add will be different. Any plant material that is absorbed by the alcohol will reduce its capacity to retain thc, which is why I said you need to make clean tinctures and combine them. Its fine if you would rather not do it that way but you will not get the good results while trying to cut corners. To me it would be pointless wasting good material to make a foul tasting dark green tincture that I never want to use.

The last one I made tasted great. I do not go through a lot of bud so I am not wasting much if anything. I am just not too keen on buying a bunch of everclear to make tinctures to mix together. I am not really looking to devote that much time and effort. I just had some really good bud and didn't want the stems to go to waste and wanted to know if I should do multiple soaks that's all. If you tell me it will eventually have a reduced capacity than I know now not to keep on going for too long. That's all I needed.

Top Bottom