Concerning yellowing of tips and tops?

• Thread starter mrSimples
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mrSimples

mrSimples

Hi once again,

New grower here, using light mix soil substrate, organic biobizz line, 300w LED light(currently only using it at <50% strength at 50cm/19inch height). 2 Plants sitting in 2L/0,5gal pots in a 2x2x5,2 tent with an extractor fan and a fan moving the air at floor level. Temps and humidity have not been playing along as I would like, battling to keep at 27ºC/80ºF and ~40% humidity.

My little guys are now a day over 2 weeks since growing the first real node, and have spontaneously started showing very bleached color only on the topmost budding leaves (node 7), also the most affected plant is showing deeper shades of green on the lower leaves compared to the plant which is showing less signs of yellowing. Just a few days ago, new nodes were showing green as ever. I want to know if I should be concerned or I'm overreacting.
Just 2 days ago, I started with 1/3 BioGrow dosage (NPK 4/3/6) at ph6.3, runoff is sitting at about 6.7. I've been adding 0.3ml/l CalMag for a while due to my tap water coming out at 0.1EC.
I've been watering once every 3 days until now except this last time. After 2 days (1 water day & 1 dry day) the leaves were quite droopy and stems were bending downwards. Since I was so worried I had started the veg nutes early and thought the earth was dry, I watered them with 400ml with just calmag to minimize any possible damage. Few hours later, the leaves were no longer drooping and they were looking decently healthy except for those yellowing tops. Runoff was 6.7ph and 1.0EC. I also rised the LED bars by 5cm and lowered the pphd from 470 to 390 just in case it's some kind of burn.

I would also mention, I followed some perhaps questionable tip from the internets and went off and snipped the 2 lowest fan leaves in order to open up some space foor the branches. Not sure if this might've have shooocked the plants as they seem to have slowed in growth these past 3/4 days.

Questions are:
· Should I be concerned about the size and small branch size of my guys?
· Are the images of the yellowing budlets concerning?

Images don't do it justice, but here goes. Reality shows more contrast between the greens and yellows, these last ones being quite desaturated.

And as always, appreciate it. I'm sure you can relate to my newb anxiety, considering I put extra pressure on myself by not having access to any medical mj until I finish this grow...

• Plant A (Worse looking)
Concerning yellowing of tips and tops

Concerning yellowing of tips and tops 2

• Plant B (Overall view and showing early yellow blotching in new node)
Concerning yellowing of tips and tops 4

Concerning yellowing of tips and tops 3

K

knidik

You're overwatering.
Humidity is too low. Aim for 60-70%. Check de VPD chart.

But they look pretty good. Yellow is the new growth or the watering problem starting to kick in.

AlfaDog

AlfaDog

Honestly I don't see anything too serious or wrong I wouldn't stress

Top Bottom