concrete floor -- raise plants off?

• Thread starter blackcat
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

blackcat

hi all
my grow room has a concrete floor that might get a bit cool. i dont have the money to buy or build 4x8 tables at the moment. does anyone have any suggestions on how to insulate between pot and floor on the cheap? thx

E.C.U.G

E.C.U.G

Breeder
You could use styrofoam panels sold at your local depot! they come in 4 by 8 sheets.Cheap fix for now.

KMK:harvest:

F

fondiz

I use the trays that 2liters come in. they hold 6-2liter soda bottles. flip those guys over and set my pots/bags on top or i'll make a layer on the ground with those trays and then put a piece of plywood on top.

B

Bunz

4 way pallet................You can usually find them for free at any shipping warehouse.

ttystikk

ttystikk

...and then of course there's me, the contrarian. If you're growing inside, sometimes the medium you're using will get too warm from the lights and such in the room so before spending a bunch of effort and money on a problem you're not sure you have, get a soil thermometer and find out what your soil temps are. You just might find out that cold concrete floor is your best friend!

B

Bunz

...and then of course there's me, the contrarian. If you're growing inside, sometimes the medium you're using will get too warm from the lights and such in the room so before spending a bunch of effort and money on a problem you're not sure you have, get a soil thermometer and find out what your soil temps are. You just might find out that cold concrete floor is your best friend!

Yep in summer that's the trick...........

hiboy

hiboy

Probably wouldnt use pallets, i dont like wood unless painted and sealed in a room. Stryofoam is pourus so maybe but i like the milk crate idea best. As long as you got the vertical clearance.
hiboy

T

Thebogie

Check soil temp. in one pot direct on the floor others raised on the trays etc. Check it out it may not get that cold with your lighting.
I use the soda trays

A

amy001

their infancy that are worth noting - because they seem likely to get much bigger - and describes them well. Bravo and thank you.

Latest posts

Top Bottom