Condemned grow houses???

• Thread starter JH420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
JH420

JH420

I have heard of houses that were busted as grow-ops being condemned...no longer suitable to live in and to be torn down. I wonder what causes and/or justifies this? Are the police/building inspectors just in doing this? Is it a scare tactic to stop people from growing? Or are there valid health and safety issues from these places? My suspicion is that this applies to true commercial style operations, ie 50+ lights...all I can guess is that these places weren't vented proper if at all and the humidity created mold problems perhaps structural (rotted wood) as well?

J

johnnyballbag

Premium Member
Supporter
Personally i'd call it bullshit. Especially if it's a commercial op, as most ppl on that level don't set up to waste their time, i'd think they'd have there room in order.

L

lonewolf99

I know personally of several cases of houses being ruined by growers. I've seen roofs collapse after they sawed out most of the roof joists to create space to move around in and grow plants, floor that rotted because they were wet from leaks from the grow, houses that ended up riddled with damp and mould from the grow, walls that were knocked thru to make more space and propped up with wood, all kinds of devastation. It's not so common these days as it's got a lot harder to rent a place for a few months, do a couple of crops then move on.

F

Fear

Ripz is dead on. I have seen one grow cut short, Luckily because the mildew behind the styrofaom sound board was all over. Every inch of the wall had black mildew spots. If the land lord didn't want access to the house and they didn't have to tear down shop. That house would of been ruined. Once mildew starts, then you get molds that are dangerous and hazardous to even breath.

Rafters get cut too, main supports etc..

Anyone doing 50 plus lights in a house. Don't think so. Plus if they have 50 lights they are probably well invested and will vent it correctly.

L

lonewolf99

over here most of the damage is caused by the triads they fill a house with lights use inadequte ventilation and the humidity rots everything. they sell the weed wet anyway so they dont give a shit about any health issues like mould spores etc. they are the cancer of OUR society and give growers in general a bad public image.

:pimp:

Very true, great post.

The example I saw of all the roof rafters being sawn out was in a council estate and done by some white english folks, but the worst destruction is done by the Asian gangs.

Al Capone and the mafia got rich running bathtub gin during prohibition, now we see the same shit with the Asian gangs, if weed wasn't illegal, we wouldn't have this cancer in our society.

J

johnnyballbag

Premium Member
Supporter
I've gotta agree with MichaelFranti, this really isn't the place for the racial/stereotypical comments. The thread had to do with condemned grow houses. Let's stay on topic and keep those kinds of thoughts to ourselves, can we?

L

LandraceQuest

Hey Ripz :banana:

Are you talking about the Japanese mafia when you're saying "Triads" ? i didn't know that the triads grows & sells Weed in Uk , you learn me something today...But i have to agree with you , these guys who sells weeds with rots and mildew spores (whatever the race...) are even worst than Drugs dealers who sells Weed with micro-balls of glass and all that crap...

Grow your own : only solution !!! :fighting0087:

E2A : I didn't see any racist comment , he just talking about asian people who are in a international mafia & who sells cut-weed...

-LQ-

F

Fear

Budman out of left field. Yes you need at least 1 fan to move stale air around or you stifle the plant of vital oxygen.

I don't feel those comments were racist. Those comments where souly based on observations and opinions of ones experience within there own City, State, Or Country.

Hashmasta-Kut

Hashmasta-Kut

Supporter
some people, maybe not you in particular or singularily, were picking on asians and vietnamese in particular a bit. i would agree it was a bit slanderous. i dont believe many had offense with the word triad, but moreso the general negativity towards vietnamese. mispellings of the word, and more than one post saying they all grow shit weed seems to be leaning towards racist, regardless of wether or not its true or not, the way it was being presented was not just as factual, imo.

Hashmasta-Kut

Hashmasta-Kut

Supporter
the "triads" is the name the media here has given to asian commercial grow gangs.... they cause a lot of damage and they're weed is crap.

see, this is kind of a blanket statement against all asian growers. possibly not all their weed is crap right? just because they are asian gang members doesnt by that fact make their weed crap. maybe usually or even almost always, but to say it like that seems kind of derogatory doesn't it?

P

punkadc

i dont think its derogatory against asians,
i think its derogatory against large criminal organizations that dont care about anything but cash...

F

Fear

Before we pick eachother apart. I am closing this thread, points made.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom