condensation problem please help me out !!!!!

• Thread starter pharmaseed
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

pharmaseed

So I just built a new room for a patient figured id try a completely sealed room. The dimensions are 12x 14. I just switched to flower so when vented my last light to the addict i woke up today and all my ducting and lights are sweating water like a mofo. Im thinking it because its 25 degrees out side and the warm air from the light are causing condensation There 5 magnums on one can 8in max fan which is cooling them just fine temp wise its about 84 in the room with no dehumidifier im at 70 Humidity. I was wondering if i where to vent from the room opposite the this instead of the addict would i still have the condensation problem? I also used insulated ducting to avoid this. anyone one ever encounter this problem ???? Thanks in advance for any help !! -Pharma

S

ShorelineTex

Wow...how is your inside humidity 70 when it's 25 degrees outside?! Do you run a humidifier or something in the winter? Check out the table at the bottom of this link to see what the indoor humidity drops to when you bring in cool air from the outside:
http://www.askthebuilder.com/B103_H...perature_Indoor-Outdoor_Humidity_Tables.shtml

70 RH is a bit too high...that's why so much water is condensing when it hits the cold. It's probably spiking quite a bit higher than that when you turn off the lights as well. Try to drop it to around 40 if you can. You'll still condense a good bit with that much differential in temperature, but not nearly as much, and it won't pose as many problems for your plants later. You should just be able to crack a window in your house and drop the RH, or pump in a bit of the cold, dry air from outside somehow.

If it's that cold, totally vent the heat into a different room!!! Use that electricity you're paying for :)

C

chickenn

you may have less of a problem with the condensation. but you need a dehumidifier. take a room and seal it, and add vegetation, that is transpiring under lights that are hot, and you got humidity.

get it down or the buds will rot.

P

pharmaseed

i have a 65p dehumidifier in there and the ducting still sweats it make the humidity around 63 im not 2 worried about the humidity in the 70's until about the 4-5 week then i lower it to 45 usually. i like the Krusty method early on i feel it helps the yields.. shore line Im venting in from the addict and out through a window. so the air is going from 20-30 degrees trough the ducting past the lights then back out side. so im thinking the water is coming from the cold air hitting the warm. Thanks for the input guys im starting to thing the only thing i can think of would be to but another dehumidifier and a a/c to off set the heat of to units

jansjukebox

jansjukebox

The heat should help burn off the humidity so an AC is not the answer but a dehumidifer is. You have to get eh humidity down for it to stop. You say that you usually bring it down for the last few weeks but everyone is telling you that if you don't bring it donw you won't stop the condensation problem. So, either listen or don't ask for advice

P

pharmaseed

i think you have me miss under stood or maybe i just came off wrong i understand that there is 2 much humidity i was just simply stating that in my other rooms i like to leave it in that range the first 4 weeks similar to wut tk just did with his uc grow. when i use one dehumidifier my heat goes up to 86+ and the humidity was at 63 and there was still condensation so with 2 in there my heat will be in the real danger zone thats why i said i might have to through a ac in there to control the heat on 2 units im pretty sure that extra dehumidifier will put me in the 90 degree range. no need for the hostility jansjukebox

P

pharmaseed

aussie we are 2 minds to that think alike.. lol i tried that yesterday i put my speed controller down to about 75% and all it did was raise my heat to 91 and still the same condensation problem its so bad my lamps are sweating.. thanks for the input tho. Ive been growing for years with no issues i shoudnt have tried this sealed room method on anyone else's garden before i figured out the tricks now i look like a real donkey.. Hope fully i can straighten it out in the next day or so

jansjukebox

jansjukebox

I'm sorry pharmaseed..I didn't mean to come off hostile. I't jsut that when you lower the temps, the air actually holds more humidity. So adding an AC at this point will only compound the problem. Maybe try letting you pots dry out real good..opps I don't think you said if you grow soil or hydro but if soil let them dry real good to keep some extra moisture out of the air and then you need to kick up the air exchange in the room. I'm sorry again bro. Was jsut tryin to help

P

pharmaseed

Its all good man its hard to understand some ones tone with out hearing there voice. No biggy i dont take things personally just a miss communication. I am in pro mix in 5 gallon pots i let them dry out a decent amount between each watering and this still doesnt help. I read your thread when u had humidity troubles and in it tk wrote a pretty good post wich i think will hopefully solve my issues. So basically you helped me out huge lol

P

pharmaseed

u think the ac alone will help or should i still vent from a different room which is about 65 degrees instead of the 25 degree addict ??

J

Jalisco Kid

Your humidity is fine it's the dew point you have to work with. What about putting a heat strip inline with your ducting.That would preheat your air. People who have mold issues with 60-75% RH have grow or design problems,It's not the plants fault. JK

C

CAPO

ya i would. or not vent the lights at all and run a mini-split.

P

pharmaseed

JK i like that idea ALOT wut kind of heating strip are you talking about?? I think that concept would work perfect ??

J

Jalisco Kid

look up a a/c manufacturer like york. Or better yet look up a/c's for rv's they sell it as an option. It is just a set of coils that look like springs. You would just need to fine tune it with a timer or t-stat. Or better yet move to where it is civilized. Sounds too cold for me.JK
It could be done quickly with a t inline and a small electric heater. With the flow going thru the t(creates vacuum) in will suck in air from the opening.This will keep you going until you get the right part.

P

pharmaseed

lol ooo it gets cold!! That is an ingenious idea. Im heading over there in the am and going to try the T for now. so JK if i pull the air from the opposing room that is around 65 should I have similar results in lowering the dew point?

Latest posts

Top Bottom