Conflicting information on transplanting autoflowers

• Thread starter klh528
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Beachbumm

Beachbumm

I'm growing some autos currently, but about 10 years ago I got some auto freebies, so I decided to put a couple in the back of the grow as they were the first I'd ever had and I was curious

Before I knew the "rules" regarding Auto-flowers, I treated them exactly as photos.

I transplanted them twice, topped them at least once & got 3 or 4 oz off each of them, they did fine

I've grown a few dozen auto freebies over the last decade, pretty much always treated them the same as photos too

I don't claim to know if it's a myth or not about transplanting them, I can only speak from my own experience.

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
I don't claim to know if it's a myth or not about transplanting them, I can only speak from my own experience.
I think the issue is the risk of something going wrong and being unable to recover because of their tendency to grow rapidly. For a skilled grower, the risk is likely to be trivial.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
I think the issue is the risk of something going wrong and being unable to recover because of their tendency to grow rapidly. For a skilled grower, the risk is likely to be trivial.
I have never had an issue,
This is actually pet Peeve of mine.
It’s like having a kid growing, and never getting them new pants.. high waters ahoy.
Plants like to be potted up.
I’ve always looked at it like this,
Some folks have just got to have something to blame their issue on. A boogey man.
Grinds my gears 👊🏻🤡

Beachbumm

Beachbumm

That's my feeling too, you can set any plant back with a rough transplant. I wasn't suggesting anyone do what I did, I'm not going to do it to this set of autos, I'm just relating my limited experience with them.

Top Bottom