Congress to consider allowing marijuana possession

• Thread starter Cali smoke
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Cali smoke

Cali smoke

Congress to consider allowing marijuana possession
by Ben Morris

Congressman Barney Frank (D-Mass.) introduced legislation today to remove criminal penalties for marijuana possession at the federal level. The Personal Use of Marijuana by Responsible Adults Act of 2009 would remove penalties for possession of up to 3.5 ounces of marijuana and the not-for-profit transfer of 1 ounce.

Please take action today to support this important legislation.

Congressman Frank’s legislation seeks to bring federal law in line with reality. 99% of all marijuana arrests occur at the state and local level. In practice, federal laws prohibiting marijuana possession act as a deterrent to states that may want a more sensible policy. Congressman Frank’s bill would remove that deterrent and push U.S. marijuana policy in the right direction.

The bill’s introduction comes amidst unprecedented momentum for reform, but it will still face significant opposition in Congress — so please visit mpp.org/federal-action and take action today!

Connect on Facebook to help spread the word.

R

ReelBusy1

cross your fingers and call your congresspeople and senators
:party0044:

A

ask420

Cali Smoke on top of the latest headlines again.....sounds promising, now lets make it happen

~420

I

in the air

sounds good but the states will still lock you up. but anything in the right direction helps.

R

Rural_GrowOp

A move at the federal level is what is needed to start the ball rolling. Even though I really don't like Barney Frank I can get behind him on his for sure.

G

Gorrillagrower

Bout time they do something on the Fed level. Now we might start gettin somewhere with real reform.

P

Pistil Pete

Great news. Thanks for the link. I'm forwarding it to everyone on my email list.

S

Snookster

I got my HAPPY DANCE goin' on! "MAYBE" we are getting somewhere...go get'em Barney Frank!!!!!!!!:damnhippie:

P

pinekreek

You had me until you said Barney Frank was in envolved. That guy is an albatross. He's the one that said Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac were doing a great job.

S

StonedOwl

Don’t forget, albatrosses where once thought to be good luck, till someone killed one.

Lets give em the benefit of the doubt and show our support.
There’s no reason everyone here should not click those links up there and let them know the way we feel.

B

bass ackwards

StonedOwl, I find myself agreeing with you again. No matter what any of feel about the person sponsoring the bill we can and should contact our representatives and let them know our feelings.

Delta-9 Labs

Delta-9 Labs

Breeder
Supporter
These clowns in office are only trying to save face at this point. Another year or two of hard pressure from our advocates and prohibition will collapse as fast as the Berlin Wall did! I only hope that California can continue to lead the way! Unfortunately there are many greedy profit takers out there looking out only for their own needs! Keep it real & honest guys and let the violent criminal drug dealers go to jail. Success to All! Ed at Delta-9 Labs

B

bass ackwards

Barney Frank and one of the cosponsors,Ron Paul,have both advocated for legalization of marijuana in the past. Ron Paul committed to legalization during his run for President. Whatever you may think of either of these guys personally the public stand they are taking is refreshing to see. In this situation they deserve our support. I have emailed my representative in congress asking him to support this measure. I received a reply regurgitating the prohibitionist policy of saving our children,to which I responded by saying that I will actively work against his re-election next year. It didn't do any good but it made me feel better. And I will work against him in the upcoming elections.

S

StonedOwl

I know this has a snowballs chance in hell at this point, but at least its a chance.
If it fails I'm sure its only the first wave, we just have to keep attacking and attacking, never stopping. America is close to ending this injustice. We will all be a bit freer in another 5-10 years, worst case scenario. Never thought I would say this, but, thank god for this economic depression.

Anyone know when we can expect to see if it works or not?

I didn't know Ron Paul was in this too, he's one of my personal gods.

Ron Paul for supreme ruler of the world!!

A

Alekiboy

Barney Frank has always been a staunch supporter of MMJ, so has Ron Paul..
The fact that these guys are making the effort shows that somebody is considering your needs...
Let's hear why you don't think he is appropriate for the job because he is considered one of the leaders in the congress.... He is an opinion leader.
Are you suggesting there is someone better suited out there to represent our issues??

Get educated before you start spreading misinformation and creating misconceptions...
We are sharing knowledge here... Let's try to limit the schwag info..

No wonder there is so much difficulty getting momentum on this movement, especially when you have people within that are creating resistance to any progress or growth..
Go figure

W

witchking

If they were smart(and I'm not saying they are) they would allow this to pass.The reality in this country is and pretty much always has been that Americans like their pot, plain and simple. However it's the damn special interest groups and big corporation that seek to keep it illegal. This is fucked up if you think about it millions and millions of Americans against a small hand full of Businesses and we still have no voice.Total bullshit.

Top Bottom