Congress to consider allowing marijuana possession

• Thread starter Cali smoke
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
I_Against_I

I_Against_I

Now lets hope the media picks up on this that would really get momentum going. This is a step in the right direction.

P

pinekreek

Ron Paul is a good and rare public official. Hope they have success.

true grit

true grit

Nice and all, but the reality is this is the same bill HB5843 (or HB5842-one was Ron Pauls the other was Barney Frank's) that he introduced with Ron Paul last year that died in the House. Got a little media attention then died out- this is just a re-introduction of the bill. Even though Holder said raids would stop (and they are still sketchy), we may see Ron Paul's protection of Med states bill pop back up too, but he is pushing his hemp bill more this year.

Politics sadly won't let this happen yet. But we can most def keep adapting and pursuing.

H

herijuana

Premium Member
Supporter
let's go barney.. i like what i heard when i seen him bill maher also.

I

irie

You had me until you said Barney Frank was in envolved. That guy is an albatross. He's the one that said Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac were doing a great job.

He did, but along with everyone else; he's not exactly the albatross that brought down our economy. So that's not really even relevant when taken that far out of context.

Regardless, he does seem to fight for MJ laws a lot, and hopefully will do some good in the future.

Beetlepumpr

Beetlepumpr

You had me until you said Barney Frank was in envolved. That guy is an albatross. He's the one that said Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac were doing a great job.
Good one Piney. An albatross, heh, never fly kinda guy!

G

greenplanetguru

Barney Einstein

Barney has said some stupid shit over the years but this makes him look like a genius! I'll hope for the best but I think another round or two of old farts are going to have to die first before the Congress is full of baby boomers and younger for this to happen... At least it's up for consideration and that, my friends is progress...

Peace!:character0103:

I

IAmProton

Any publicity whether good or bad is publicity. This may not pass, but it brings the idea behind the bill to the forefront of peoples attention. This is only a step in the right direction, and every step we take gets us that much closer. Also don't be dissuaded because of Barney Frank, most of the time the politicians are just the messengers, they is no reason to kill the messenger they are just doing their job.

M

missmunky

Hopefully this can put us on a road to a quicker reform. I don't necessarily agree with most of Frank's viewpoints and opinions but I'm willing to stick behind him for sure on this one. The way I look at it, whether it passes or not, I can only see it as a good thing and a nice stride in the right direction. Keep on with the cause!
Peace.
missmunky

frostymcfailure

frostymcfailure

+1 point for the kool dude on behalf of truth.

P.S. AUDIT THE FED!

M

monkey5

Premium Member
Supporter
Whichking, Nice!! Post...

Gallery: 0

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If they were smart(and I'm not saying they are) they would allow this to pass.The reality in this country is and pretty much always has been that Americans like their pot, plain and simple. However it's the damn special interest groups and big corporation that seek to keep it illegal. This is fucked up if you think about it millions and millions of Americans against a small hand full of Businesses and we still have no voice.Total bullshit. And pinecreek, Yes!!! Nice Post , too....Ron Paul is a good and rare public official. Hope they have success. ...Both Posts... True !!! Thank You for the heads up on this !!! monkey5

Cali smoke

Cali smoke

news update

Support for Decriminalization Bill Growing in Congress

Chairman George Miller (D-Calif.), one of the most powerful Democrats in the U.S. House of Representatives, yesterday joined the list of cosponsors for Rep. Barney Frank’s bill to remove penalties for marijuana possession.

Rep. Miller is the chairman of the Committee on Education and Labor, a position that awards him a lot of sway on Capitol Hill. Miller joins Chairman Barney Frank (D-Mass.) and Representatives Tammy Baldwin (D-Wis.), Maurice Hinchey (D-N.Y.), Dennis Kucinich (D-Ohio), Ron Paul (R-Texas), Dana Rohrabacher (R-Calif.), and Jared Polis (D-Colo.) in sponsoring this important legislation.

If you live in Chairman Miller’s district, please thank him. If you don’t, you can help out by visiting mpp.org/federal-action and asking your members of Congress to support this legislation.

S

stonedgrower

yay maybe ill be able to farm in peace. keeping my fingers crossed

R

redog

Cali Smoke:Thanks 4 the link

I reluctantly filled the form out and am now going to send the link to all my buds.

I tried to post this in the DC Craigslist,but it got flagged real fast.
Right now I have it in another city and has been up most of the day.

R

redog

I received a reply from my congressman

If i'm not mistaken this bonehead missed the point:
Wasn't this about decriminalization and not the virtues of medical marijuana?
==========================================
Robert J Wittman
Thank you for your recent communication regarding the medical use of marijuana. I appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts with me. I value your views on the important issues facing our Commonwealth and the Nation.
I understand that people with certain ailments feel that their symptoms are unresponsive to conventional medical treatments. Without a medical background, I must rely on the findings of experts in the medical field when considering questions like these. In its 1999 report, Marijuana and Medicine: Assessing the Science Base, the Institute of Medicine (IOM) concluded that the therapeutic effects of smoking marijuana are modest. Additionally, the Supreme Court has ruled that there is no medical necessity exception in the Controlled Substances Act's prohibitions on manufacturing and distributing. Furthermore, On April 20, 2006, the FDA issued an interagency advisory restating the federal government's position that "smoked marijuana is harmful" and has not been approved "for any condition or disease indication." The announcement was based on an evaluation by several agencies within HHS that "concluded that no sound scientific studies supported medical use of marijuana for treatment in the United States, and no animal or human data supported the safety or efficacy of marijuana for general medical use."
I am continuing to receive and evaluate comments on this issue from the constituents of the First District. Please be assured that I will continue to monitor this matter will keep your views in mind should legislation regarding the use or legalization of medical marijuana be introduced and come before the full House of Representatives for a vote.
Thank you again for sharing your views and opinions with me. I am committed to serving you to the best of my abilities. If I can ever be of assistance to you or your family, please do not hesitate to call me at (202) 225-4261 or contact me online at: www.wittman.house.gov.

Now what should I do?Call him out.

S

StonedOwl

He’s a puppet, its a trap.
I would not call em….maybe from a payphone on the other side of town. :D

LordDankinstien

LordDankinstien

yeah red your right this guys obviously didnt read what you send him very well.. what a D bag....

D

drsnizz

ron paul kicks arse.....frank is an idiot.......would the government make more if it was legal or illegal

B

bdawgburner

I'm guessing they make way more by it being illegal. How much are people paying in fines and court fees every year?

S

StonedOwl

They would make way more if it where legal. How much money would they get if Cali legalizes, like 1 billon? Now just imagine how much the US would make if every state legalized. Something on the order of 50 billion annually. Not to mention all the much needed jobs that would be created.

I don’t think its illegal because it makes money for them, if anything it costs money being illegal. What with all the people in prison and all the cops that get a pay check after busting someone. Its illegal because of racism, ignorance and the need powerful people have to control things they find distasteful.

Top Bottom