Congressional Forces Vote Against Studying Medical Marijuana

• Thread starter indicabush
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
indicabush

indicabush

Congressional Forces Vote Against Studying Medical Marijuana as Alternative to Painkillers

While there is increasing evidence that medical marijuana could be a viable alternative to opioids in terms of pain management, a new report indicates that Congress is still not prepared to give the scientific community the green light to dig any deeper into this progressive concept.

Earlier last week, the U.S. House Rules Committee voted against two proposed amendments that would have required a special pain management task force to consider how weed might be used as an alternative or in conjunction with prescription painkillers.

Both amendments, submitted by Representatives Dana Rohrabacher and Jared Polis, would have given Uncle Sam’s new painkiller detail, a crew consisting of various federal drug and health agencies, the opportunity to look into “the potential for marijuana to serve as an alternative to opioids for pain management,” as well as conduct research that compares “the medical application of marijuana and opioids for pain management.”

Link:

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Congressional Forces Vote Against Studying Medical Marijuana as Alternative to Painkillers

While there is increasing evidence that medical marijuana could be a viable alternative to opioids in terms of pain management, a new report indicates that Congress is still not prepared to give the scientific community the green light to dig any deeper into this progressive concept.

Earlier last week, the U.S. House Rules Committee voted against two proposed amendments that would have required a special pain management task force to consider how weed might be used as an alternative or in conjunction with prescription painkillers.

Both amendments, submitted by Representatives Dana Rohrabacher and Jared Polis, would have given Uncle Sam’s new painkiller detail, a crew consisting of various federal drug and health agencies, the opportunity to look into “the potential for marijuana to serve as an alternative to opioids for pain management,” as well as conduct research that compares “the medical application of marijuana and opioids for pain management.”

Link:
Hahaha thats murika for you... i bet that committee is funded by phyzer and philip morris

TreeDoc

TreeDoc

Our government is run by complete morons.

I think they know exactly what they are doing. Only worried about keeping their job. Tell the public what they want to hear, then do what ever they want regardless of the will of the people. Number one priority is job security and kick the issues down the road for someone else to deal with. In my opinion, if a politician is speaking they are lying. Bunch of ass hats...

Cur Dog

Cur Dog

I totally agree with you. How these idiots can sleep at night or look in the mirror is beyond me. The only solution is a revolution.

Latest posts

Top Bottom