Constant Voltage Dimming

• Thread starter detroiit
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
detroiit

detroiit

Hello all,

I got 4 QB288s running on on a HLG-480-48AB driver (8 boards running 4ea in total) and at the time constant voltage really appealed to me. Anyhow after getting everything setup and they all have 100k potentiometers on them. Maxed out they run so hot had to dim and on max some boards current putting out 3.5 amps and rating is about 2.7. I dimmed them manually and all good heat wise. My goal is...I want to be able to dim 8 drivers simultaneously.

I am going the Trolmaster (drivers have 0-10v, so it works) route for electronic dimming and ultimate room control and now I am concerned on how the heck dimming is going to work effectively? I know with these drivers and most CV drivers if they are not maxed out there is going to be dead space before they start to dimm and will cause uneven dimming they say. So now using a controller that digitally shows 100% am I going to have to find the percent they all finally start to dim and still if so they are going to be uneven? Is there anyway to mess with the IO/VO adjusts on the driver itself so dimming takes place with no dead space or is my only way around this using a constant current driver and i'm SOL?

Thanks.

Top Bottom