constructing a grow room. please help with design & interior layout

• Thread starter mattymobb
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

mattymobb

hi everyone. ive grown outside mostly with a few indoor soil grows but looking to move towards hydro. I'm planning on building a 4'x8' room(inside dimensions) in my friends bAsement. the ceiling is roughly 7' tall. [my dimensions are flexible I had just hoped to get the floor out of one sheet of plywood] were planning on setting up a DWC so my main thought i would please like some help with is plant set-up, mainly how to get the best yield @ the best intervals. I'm looking to get a dimmable, switchable 1000w HPS/MH and I'm just not sure how many plants to get into the room. should I try a SOG? if so at what intervals? should I split the room in half and have a 4x4 veg & 4x4 flower? any help or suggestions are welcome. thanks everyone for your time, energy, and care.

A

amstercal

Is there space outside your grow space for the equipment? How will you construct the walls etc--will you be able to access the plants from all sides? Maybe not split it in half, but I would definitely have separate bloom and veg areas. What's your budget? I think you could save on the dimmable switchable and get two separate lights 1 1000w HPS for bloom and 1 400w MH for veg. Of course this will depend on your budget, your ability to ventilate/cool and your electrical. Maybe tell us a little more about your options?

M

mattymobb

AMSTERCAL, thanks for your response..i was actually able to get the light with the hood, MH & HPS bulbs, electronic ballast & hangers off ebay for $340 shipped. i couldnt pass that up. im probably going to be setting up a faux wall with shelving in half the basement with a delicate trick entry.. i think 6'x14'. im using a friends house though and he doesnt want to have a crazy amount of females under his roof so im thinking one room in the middle of that 14' length probably about 8' (something like this [ l l ].) with the middle being my grow area and the two sides being for equipment and/or for intake/exhaust. as it is now im thinking of putting the filter directly on the reflector hood and putting the fan on the wall blowing into the smaller outside room with just a small passive intake on the larger side. this alleviates the need for two fans, allows me to save a little in initial investment (consumption & overall noise factor) but also leaves me the option to expand after i get site #1 dialed in to perfection. i dont quite have a set number im trying to keep it under as far as budget goes, but i dont like to spend less money on lesser quality and have to replace pieces later. that being said i also am not buying top dollar equipment. i will be doing a soil grow to start and im not sure how the temperature with vary during the winter in the concrete basement, and im not positive how much if any insulation to set up. so my main goal here is to do it right, but have a decent soil grow while i dial in my room set up.

M

mattymobb

okay so the one wall in the basement that actually is standing is 11.5 feet so I'll be building my width to that. not positive on depth. hoping to start framing next week

Top Bottom