Container setup advice needed

• Thread starter green guy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

green guy

I am going to be setting up two shipping containers (eventually, going to start with one).
They will run on opposite light cycles. The method will be a DIY UC. There will be an approximate 4 or 5 foot room when you walk in to house electrical, ballasts, Co2 generator, chiller, and res tank and AC if necessary. The reason I say if necessary is I live in a cold climate for half the year and the requirement to heat will be as big or bigger concern. The remainder of the container will be the sealed grow room.

My question is this: Is there any benefit to exhausting grow room air from one container into the other and vice versa? It would be carbon filtered of course and the containers would be tight to one another.

My theory is the heat from the container lights on would help supplement the heat to the dark container, the dark container would help cool the lights on one and Co2 from the dark cycle would help supplement the lights on cycle.

Pests could be an issue but could be dealt with. Are there other drawbacks? Is there an advantage to doing this?

Thanks in advance.

W

woody420

I think you are going to run into some cooling problems going about that way. I would say yoi might want to grab a reefer container and hook it up to ur genny and then your done have all the cooling power in the world and then u can run two sealed room. One would have to think that you are running a genny with two shipping container might aswell grab the one with a reefer on it themoking is a good one peace bro

G

green guy

I think you are going to run into some cooling problems going about that way. I would say yoi might want to grab a reefer container and hook it up to ur genny and then your done have all the cooling power in the world and then u can run two sealed room. One would have to think that you are running a genny with two shipping container might aswell grab the one with a reefer on it themoking is a good one peace bro
Yes I will be running a generator. The thing is the containers will be in an unheated building, and the first 6 months the air temperature outside the containers will be -25 C. During the summer the daytime temps can get to 30 C but the containers will be out of the direct sun and insulated. I will look into cost differences to going to a reefer but could also add a water chiller as the building has a dirt floor and could bury a tank to hold water to recirculate for those radiator type coolers.

ttystikk

ttystikk

I like the idea of circulating air back and forth between the containers. Yes, you'll still need some temperature control equipment, but not as much, and you won't have to worry about heating the 'off' container.

All burying the tank in the ground will do is serve to insulate the tank. You want to MOVE heat, not stash it underground, so get a compressorless chiller setup for cold months, and then run the standard chiller in the summer. Go to watercooledgardens.com for more info on that setup.

Latest posts

Top Bottom