Containers For Hydro Plants

• Thread starter Stevena12345
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Stevena12345

Hey, I was curious about a few aspects of potential items to use for a RDWC run. I am currently deciding on either a Taller thinner container as compared to more of a storage tote that would be shorter in height but be wider then my 1st option. Im curious what was people's opinions on this subject. I understand that wider and shorter would mean less distance between the air stones and the roots and a better rate of oxygenating the rootzone. But I thought having more of a vertical depth for the root zone would grow faster. Thanks for the feedback.

H

happy b

I beleive Cannabis likes to grow deep roots more than wide so i would say go with the taller ones unless height is an issue.

BakedReality

BakedReality

Bean Poppin..
Supporter
I think the biggest factor is what works the best with your garden...another factor is whether you veg and flip in the same tubs because this allows them to fill in the allowed rooting space. I run some DWC by moving and flipping plants into a flower room...so the DWC culture I run...don't get to consume all of the rooting space. So what I noticed is it's about the roots...I have let plants feel the tub and get much better results...but because of no RDWC...it has me continually topping off...I have run DWC in like 5 gal buckets...with better results...but had height restrictions...I believe I saw better results in the slimmer 5 Gal bucket because the roots hit the sides faster . So I would say the shorter wider tubs can show same result as say a plant in medium that wasn't allowed to get rooted well...or much like flipping a soil plant in a container too big...if you don't veg it long in the shorter wider tub. Hope this made sense with my rambling....lol!

Keep it Green!

I have had them fill and plug my 6gal square buckets it 2 inch between going bigger .55gal cut in half and 4 inch.and totes suck. Full the sides bungled the lid was a pain. If your building. Think big

Latest posts

Top Bottom