Continuous clone only garden (NYCD, Green Crack, Blue Dream, Cherry Bomb)

• Thread starter tmpsx
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

tmpsx

This is my first grow journal. Hopefully this will help me to keep more organized this time through. I have set up a garden that will produce clones only (none of these plants will be flowered by me). I currently have 3 main strains: New York City Diesel, Blue Dream, and Green Crack. I have also sprouted some Cherry Bomb seeds about 2 days ago and they are doing just fine, all six popped. I'll eventually add some OGs, probably Swerve's seeds as I have grown the SFV OG Bx2 and the Raskal's OG before and loved the structure of the plants and amazing flowers they produce.

The mother plants are in small 1g pots because they will each only be alive for 4-6 weeks. I am using low wattage lights (T5s and CFLs) and want the plants to be relatively leggy so that after 4-6 weeks I can clone the plants to death and replace that plant with a freshly rooted clone. I will clone 2-3 plants per week and be able to produce a good number of clones in a very limited space with limited electricity usage.

I know people will say "why not use a 1000 MH lamp and clone 2-3 plants every other day instead of each week? Why not have only a few moms and grow them much larger?" I need to use very little electricity, very little space, and need to not have to use the a/c, so this system works perfectly for me.

As for grow medium, I am using Pure Earth Indoor Aeration Formula. This was not my first choice but it was all the shop had at the time. I prefer to use a mix of about half Roots Organics Soil and half Ocean Forrest or Black Gold potting soil. I've also added some additional earthworm castings and some other stuff. This soil doesn't seem to have as high of a nutrient content as others but does drain nicely. I had to add more perlite as well.

At week 4 I have been adding a full veg nutrient program which includes nutri+ grow a and b, regeneroot, atomic wall (potassium silicate), and Gen Organics Cal/Mag. Sometimes I will add superthrive or hormex as well. The Nutri+ is from Canada and has a higher p content than most US products, allowing the plants to stretch a bit more.

As for foliar feeding I've been trying a new product call Optic Foliar which is a three part spray that "opens stomata,... exponentially increases the amount of light energy being utilized and processed by the plant,... and helps a plant maintain its highly accelerated growth and flowering rates, resulting in greener and healthier plants, as well as higher-quality crop yields." It seems to work well, as the leaves have grow much larger and node spacing has become much closer together.
619.jpg

This is before I cleaned all of the plants up and rearranged the room today.
523.jpg

This is after.
283.jpg

Babies
349.jpg

Moms
439.jpg

Moms

If you have any advice I would love to hear it, or anyone with experience using Optic Foliar or the Nutri+ line.

T

tmpsx

I've also had some pretty massive spider mite issues. Recently all out war has been declared and I've been rotating through Dr. Doom knockout, azatrol, organicide, neem oil, and safer 3in1. I've lost a good amount of foliage but I've got it under control in the last week or so. After a total cleaning of the plants, the room, and all equipment last night I think there should be minimal problems from here on out. I was surprised by the amount of mites because of all of the worm castings in the soil making the plants taste like shit. I almost pulled everything and started over but the plants were just too big and healthy to toss. The good to this? I now know these strains can take a good deal of stress and are not negatively affected by a wide range of pesticides. Frankly I was taken by surprise by this infestation. I've never had issues with any bugs before but I recently moved to a new place in a new city with new challenges. Lets hope my cleaning job will due the trick and it will be smooth sailing from here on out. I will continue to use different pesticides every few days until I feel super safe but in lower concentrations as to not harm the future clones. I've taken 2 weeks off from cloning as well but will start back up this weekend.

Mr. Greengenes

Mr. Greengenes

Plants look good, not hammered by mites or treatment. Mites always sneak up on you, even when you've been looking for them for 43 years. Recently, I thought I had them 'licked' in the veg area, only to find that they've gotten pretty bad right under my nose. Best thing, if you're organized like I'm not, is regular inspections with a magnifying glass. BTW, I'm the breeder of Cherry Bomb if you have any questions. I'm curious, did you pick them up on seedbay?

T

tmpsx

I actually got them in some seeded herb from a club down in LA. I'm not 100% sure they are the real thing but we will see as they mature.

Latest posts

Top Bottom