Continuous grow theory (is this possible)

• Thread starter Frankster
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
Is this some that anyone else out there has tried? Like basically cycling various plants at different stages thought the life cycle, so as to optimize the amount of harvest and continual cycling, output?

Can smaller plants be intermingled with others, and various sizes arranged together, then always be feeding into the finishing room? Is that how it works?

Is there an actual art to doing this? Or metrics that can be used to try and optimize it?

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Yes it is called a perpetual garden. The timing and individual nutrition of plants in all different stages is the hard part.

My thread shows plants staggared about 10 days apart for continual harvests of constant variety.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I do it with autos as well, just popped photos, but I learned from the master - @MIMedGrower !
P.s. I do about 1/4 lb every 2-3 weeks with variety !

Autos are perfect for this as you can do it all in one space. Or any plant can go anywhere in multiple spaces. Rather than keep a dedicated veg/ flower room.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Autos are perfect for this as you can do it all in one space. Or any plant can go anywhere in multiple spaces. Rather than keep a dedicated veg/ flower room.

Yea, that's where I'm at now. I don't mind photoperiods, I still want to do a few here and there, but I'm going to be mixing mostly autos at least for the foreseeable future. The photo's I do will be one or two of this, and one or two of that.

I think I"m going to get the little UFO's I loaned out, and one of my small veg lights, I've got. Use it for the seedlings, and then maintain the two spot's I'm doing currently, that way I'll be able to dedicate this spot to stuff that's exclusively over a month old, then try and rotate everything eventually to the flowering room on a rotational basis.

I'll probably pop twice of what I need so I can cherry pick what I want, and get a little better chance of finding a true breeding gem.

R

redshift75

I have so many tents and spaces on different cycles. I started the new setup off too ambitious... hardest part is keeping track. have log books on every tent. I run a few autos but only to take up the random space as im breading. Just makes for interesting smoke to try genetics. Personally veg/flower space isnt that bad for me.

Greenjourneyman

Greenjourneyman

I have the dedicate three chamber system. so I load in a set of 12 plants every sixty-eighty days, which don’t get me wrong is a great rotation. But I need to build up to different aged plants.
really like the system MIMed is talking about.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
I have the dedicate three chamber system. so I load in a set of 12 plants every sixty-eighty days, which don’t get me wrong is a great rotation. But I need to build up to different aged plants.
really like the system MIMed is talking about.

Yea, I probably just getting a little ahead of myself. Also, I like the route Mimedgrower takes also leaving lot's of side exposure to get a full sized plant, he's really got that down well, and I would like to be doing that at least with some of the plants. Working on some new lights right now so I can get more light density into the space constraints I'm dealing with, I think that's going to help a lot.

Hell, I'm at the point where I've literally got tens of thousands of seeds, so growing a few extra isn't an issue, and cherry picking some of the early ones is probably a beneficial exercise, that also hones my techniques, so I don't mind. I think I'm going to just start killing off, or giving away anytime things get a bit too crowded. I notice that plants do a lot of weired things with leaf size, inter-noding and shoot density when there getting different levels of intensity.

That's fine if I'm just trying to collect a few strains samples with seeding, but if it's going to be budded for smoking, it needs to be dialed in more perfect. I want to show some of these strains full potential, because I know it's there.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Alright, here I am on this subject. Kinda slowing down the pipeline so to say, because it was getting way too congested. The good thing, I have thousands of seeds, so that doesn't really matter too much.

The one in the foreground is the sad little Purple haze that never did much, I didn't even bother to transplant it, but letting it live out of sheer mercy, LOL

The one's with white stakes are the new GDP photoperiod. The rest are a combination of some ChemGopher, Blueberry and some Uknown number #3 of mine, I think there's a frankenstein in there also.

IMG 20200917 223608
Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Next up are the mid auto's that just started. The first 2 pics are the White Widow Photo tripholate. The runts after that are pruple haze auto from Crop King. The others down the line are Miss Early Auto, White Widow Auto, and I believe there's a GG#4 auto in there somewhere. Also some GSC sour apple, and Bannana pie GSC, Grape ape, Moster mass (all photperiods), once the autos are far enough along, I'll flip some of those.

IMG 20200917 191350
IMG 20200917 191406
IMG 20200917 191414
IMG 20200917 191427
IMG 20200917 191431
IMG 20200917 191517
IMG 20200917 191916
IMG 20200917 191922
IMG 20200917 191927
IMG 20200917 192205
IMG 20200917 192210
Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Last is the flowering room, which is disorganized, the new lights will be here this week, so everything it getting changed up quick enough.

IMG 20200917 224728
IMG 20200917 224732
IMG 20200917 224735
IMG 20200917 224744
IMG 20200917 224750
IMG 20200917 224754
IMG 20200917 224757
IMG 20200917 224804
Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
I've also got about 5 or 6 of these, some of the "almost" auto's that didn't quite make the grade, I've thought about killing them off, but I know the genetics are a killer strain of (bubba) kush, so I'll try to squeeze a few more of these in still. Or perhaps just flower in both rooms and get everything out of the way, I don't know yet, until the new lights get in here. I should probably seed one of them with some of it's auto brother, and see if it doesn't produce a robust reliable plant, it makes sense to try, anyhow. You never know exactly, how your going to end up with the best results, TBH. At least, I've not yet, I think exploring all possibilities, is the best route, and sort them out on the other end. (grow out a little of each type). Inspect the results, then formulate another plan of action.

IMG 20200917 225958
IMG 20200917 230003
IMG 20200917 230011
Last edited:
sambapati

sambapati

Alright, here I am on this subject. Kinda slowing down the pipeline so to say, because it was getting way too congested. The good thing, I have thousands of seeds, so that doesn't really matter too much.

The one in the foreground is the sad little Purple haze that never did much, I didn't even bother to transplant it, but letting it live out of sheer mercy, LOL

The one's with white stakes are the new GDP photoperiod. The rest are a combination of some ChemGopher, Blueberry and some Uknown number #3 of mine, I think there's a frankenstein in there also.
Hmmm Bowtie pasta plant sighted

Latest posts

Top Bottom