Continuous loss of lower growth

• Thread starter Four4twenty20
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

Four4twenty20

I have had a continuous problem with the lower growth on these 2 plants every other day i pick up a handfull of dead leaves under each of thes plants
To get started just some general info-
these 2 white widows from coastal mary are about 13 weeks
Topped early
10 gal fabric pots filled with FF ocean forest
600w viparspectra (right) spaced 16-18"
300w viparspectra (left) spaced 12"
(Normally keep 20-24" space but am currently out of room and ordering new tent)
18/6 cycle untill 11.5weeks
12/12 cycle last 1.5 weeks
Watered every 2-3 days
Began feeding week 8
Plants flushed before cycle change using sledgehammer
Feed every water growbig, bigbloom, & calmag following recomended dose as week 6 using change in light cycle as marking point
lower growth turns yellow & falls
off
Issues began around week 6 and have continued till now
I am not sure if i should up the dose or add another product to feeding
Any advice would be appreciated
Continuous loss of lower growth 8
Continuous loss of lower growth 9

Continuous loss of lower growth 7
Continuous loss of lower growth 6

Continuous loss of lower growth 2
Continuous loss of lower growth 3
Continuous loss of lower growth 4
Continuous loss of lower growth 5

Continuous loss of lower growth
Moe.Red

Moe.Red

If my Google fu serves the big light is 260w.

I don’t think your lights are penetrating the canopy to feed the lower leaves.

I would have trimmed them all up and got rid of the sucker branches by now anyhow. You could use a haircut

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

If you are only 1.5 weeks into flower you might need to start planning for your soon to be height issue. If your tent won’t be here soon you might want to look at scrog on that to keep the canopy under control as you go into the stretch.

F

Four4twenty20

If my Google fu serves the big light is 260w.

I don’t think your lights are penetrating the canopy to feed the lower leaves.

I would have trimmed them all up and got rid of the sucker branches by now anyhow. You could use a haircut
Its sold as a 300w, never tested
The plant to under that light definatly streches more and asks for more light but its all i got for now, i have not done much trimming because ive been avoiding stressing the plants in any other way while they are already problematic
Plants were much thinner and shorter when problem began
I had no plans to let them get that big before the flip but i wanted to try and get them under control before i moved to flower but i was out of height so they had to go

F

Four4twenty20

If you are only 1.5 weeks into flower you might need to start planning for your soon to be height issue. If your tent won’t be here soon you might want to look at scrog on that to keep the canopy under control as you go into the stretch.
Was thinking the same thing, have been feeling a bit uncomfortable with them so close to the light last thing i can do for height is pull the d ring and hang the mouning cords directly from the monting bag but them need some space asap

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

The larger one the sell as 600 is well under 300. It’s a marketing thing on the cheap Amazon lights. The number you are shooting for with cannabis is 30-35 w/square foot. Is that a 4x4? I think you are probably under 20.

Can you get some pics of the plants with the lights out and use your flash so we can see them? Colors?

F

Four4twenty20

Its sold as a 300w, never tested
The plant to under that light definatly streches more and asks for more light but its all i got for now, i have not done much trimming because ive been avoiding stressing the plants in any other way while they are already problematic
Plants were much thinner and shorter when problem began
I had no plans to let them get that big before the flip but i wanted to try and get them under control before i moved to flower but i was out of height so they had to go
** mixed up lights but are sold as 300& 600,not sure what the actual draw is

F

Four4twenty20

The larger one the sell as 600 is well under 300. It’s a marketing thing on the cheap Amazon lights. The number you are shooting for with cannabis is 30-35 w/square foot. Is that a 4x4? I think you are probably under 20.

Can you get some pics of the plants with the lights out and use your flash so we can see them? Colors?
3x3 next tent will be 4x4 yea ill try to get other pics up

F

Four4twenty20

Have been busy with work so have had to let them do what there going to do but i do still have the same problem, i cant get good pics were the tent is but here is a pic of the affected leaves in better lighting
20220719 180037

Latest posts

Top Bottom