Controlling height in flowering

• Thread starter SSHZ
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

SSHZ

I remember people suggesting an additive to stop stretching in flowering? Can anyone help me out. Thanks.

H

hailo

used at .8ml/g still caused issues for me....

if i were to use to product again, it would be at .5 ml/g for 2, 3 days max then a day flush...

YMMV!!! its not just a saying!

G

Green Supreme

I would just bend the tops that are trouble to a height where they are not. Using more chemicals just seems wrong, but that's just me. Peace GS

S

SSHZ

I'm growing 24 Reserva Privada OG Kush X18 and am concerned about the height these kush will stretch to. I've pinched once already and will again in a few days. But, I remember reading how some use a product that stops the stretch dead in it's tracks- and it's not phosphoload. Just can't remember what it's called. Any others know what I'm asking about?

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

Bushmaster from Humboldt's Very Own is designed to do that very thing. I won't use the stuff, though, because they refuse to list what's in it. I'd recommend bending the tops over, tying the girls down, or a scrog.

J

Jalisco Kid

Use good doses of kelp will keep them down,maybe .5% more then normal dose to kick in the pgr's. An old school trick if you can get to them and have the time is to run your hands over the tops of the plants a lot. Tomato farmers used to do that. JK

S

SSHZ

Bushmaster is the product I was looking for. Altitude comes thru again. Hoping I don't need it but my last crop of Sannie's stuff kept stretching for 4+ weeks and I'll have NO MORE OF THAT!!!!!

G

Green Supreme

Why would you apply a chemical to your plants when all you need to do is bend? Seems to me like you vegged too long or you would not have an issue. Better luck next time. Hope you can make it chemie free. Peace GS

ronvmpc

ronvmpc

Tear up in what way? Any experience on kushes with it?
My roommate used this stuff on some master kush once. The plants were 4 1/2 bushes. Tons of colas with gigantic buds. Yielded a lot for a kush. And i think he used it at 1/4-1/2 strength

caliogk

caliogk

Premium Member
Supporter
SSHZ,

Do your day/night temps fluctuate hard? What are they?

I forgot who mentioned kelp, that is known to help with bushiness. Some strains just stretch out no matter what and it's all about locking in THAT strain to make it grow best.

Blessings on the garden!

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Perhaps your style of growing doesn't allow for the typical methods of physical restraint mentioned here, but if you do find that the Bushmaster doesn't do what you wish, you might want to experiment with an accident I had once where I didn't realize that an upper branch had been twisted so that it was upside down. The growing tip grew down, then back up, the buds grew up.

S

SSHZ

I try not to bend because I find it delays finishing by a week or two too often. I just want multiple options if and when I get to the point a decision has to be made. I'm growing these out longer hoping to increase weight in the room but height issues is my enemy..............

J

Jalisco Kid

I have seen it turn a beautiful plant crispy brown in two days using half strength.

Venom818

Venom818

I try not to bend because I find it delays finishing by a week or two too often. I just want multiple options if and when I get to the point a decision has to be made. I'm growing these out longer hoping to increase weight in the room but height issues is my enemy..............

i have grown reserva privada's og kush and the #18 used phosphoload at day 1 and 7 at 2.5 ml per gallon it will not burn up your plants just make sure you base nute isnt crazy like 1500 ppm maybe give them like 7-800 ppm

B

Buddy Hemphill

can u just trellis and tie them up? You can even out your OG canopy easily with a trellis.

A

andythom82

I think growing indoor and Controlling height in flowering is very difficult job than outdoor plantation.

R

Radio_Dread

yeah if using bush master use it sparingly like .5 - 1 ml per gal. its strong stuff. but like someones said try it on your worst plant first to get a idea of its strength. i also have noticed that if my plants are arranged to close like less than 1-2 feet between them they stretch like a mofo. so mybe try some extra spacing? good luck and keep us posted

RD

Top Bottom