Controlling Smell

• Thread starter anthony6969
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

anthony6969

i was goin to buy a grow tent for my 4 plants but money is tight so i am going to build a grow box by making a wooden frame then stapeling on mylar all around will a carbon filter still be able to get rid of the smell or will the smell just ooze out of the grow box becase it wont be air tight

H

hererisssh

Premium Member
Supporter
Are you building walls? I hope so, if not all the mylar will flap around not matter how tight and odor control will be basically impossible. Use plywood for the walls and staple the mylar to it. Use a jigsaw to cut a hole for ventilation and odor control. If money's stupid tight buy a giant tarp and some velcro and make a tent. Tape all seams.

Don't skimp on venting and odor, you could really regret it.

A

anthony6969

thanks that what i was thinking, what size carbon filter would i need for 2/3 ak48 plants in a 1m 1m 2m grow room and also would thge fan need to be on constantly or how often do i have the fan on for

S

Skunkenstein

You're better off w/o the tent..build you're self a box with a 4inch hole down low on the left side{fresh air-In}Use a squirrel type fan to pull the air in.Then mount a 4inch hurricane fan up high on the right with the appropriate carbon-filter..there are many size configurations.You'll be fine with a smaller filter in that space.You will also need Fan Speed Controllers!! Most fans Do not have any speed control..they run at full power,which you do not need.The noise they make will vibrate you're whole house.Plus you can control air pressure..Slightly Negative is better.It keeps odor inside..where you can control it.You generally keep the fans going 24/7...with the ability to have speed control you can dial those babies down during the day, to save on noise and electrical bills !! Good Luck

Top Bottom