Controlling Tent Temperature: Autopilot Cooling Thermostat Versus Vsc-dne

• Thread starter hamphealth
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
hamphealth

hamphealth

Hi everyone. This is my first post and it's a question. Sorry. Second sorry is that my local grow shop vends a lot from Hydrofarm.

I have a 6" Phat Fan exhausting my 5 X 5 X 7 Roof Qube tent. I would like to control the temperature in the tent. It's my first Hydro Grow using the Active Aqua Grow Flow ebb and flow system with 5 gallon buckets. Clay Pebbles. Mills nutrients. Sharksbreath & Holy Grail Kush by DNA Genetics.

I am looking at two different fan controllers. I was wondering if anyone has ever used the Autopilot Cooling Thermostat. Comments, good or bad?

My second choice is the VSC-DNe day/night adjustable fan speed controller. Is this unit reliable? Does it slowly build up and slow down speed?

I also have a Sharp Portable Air Conditioner that I would love some advice on how to incorporate into my grow.

StandingRock

StandingRock

I don't have experience with any of those particular products but hydrafarm itself is hit or miss. I have an NG co2 burner from them and I love it. Just my two cents

hamphealth

hamphealth

I ended up getting an Autopilot Day/Night Thermostat or this link.

Pros: it can be used with a heat source or a cooling source. i.e., a space heater or an inline fan.

Cons: It has to be inside the tent or room because the probe is installed on the housing of the unit & It only has one temp setting variation, which is 5 F.

The one I got works like this, I think: if my tent temp hits 85 F, the fan kicks on until the temp goes down to 75 during the "day." At "night" the fan kicks on when the tent temp hits 75 F and kicks off when the temp hits 65 F.

Top Bottom