1 gallon of nutrients has a ratio of:

2-5-2
N P K

now what would be the numbers for 1ml?

Also for grams... Jacks hydro is:

5-12-26
N P K

So what would be the numbers for 1g?

Trying to find the converstions in order to get the ratios I am looking for.

Thanks... as it has been a while since I had to think something like this out and am very rusty.

GanjaAL

GanjaAL

Alright... this is what I found burning some midnight oil. Got my organic ammendments with ratios and now I am trying to figure out a feeding schedual. Now I found on another sight that the modified lucas formula that some are using the maxibloom with nothing else and their plants came out just fine.. with the numbers it is: 5-15-14 and showed no signs of deficiency and was covered in trichs.

Now here is the conversion formula I have found:

One can estimate the parts per million in solution (ppm) produced by a quantity of fertilizer in a gallon of water, based on the fertilizer's N-P-K rating.

For each number in the rating apply the following formula:

> one teaspoon (5ml) of a given fertilizer in a gallon of water
(10xN)÷ 0.768 = ppm

> one tablespoon (15ml) of fertilizer in a gallon of water:

(10xN)÷ 0.256 = ppm

Example: Peter's Professional All-Purpose Fertilizer with N-P-K rating of 20-20-20.

(10x20)÷.768=260.4 ppm

Therefore, one teaspoon (5ml) of Peter's Professional All-Purpose 20-20-20 in one gallon of water will produce a solution that contains approximately 260.4 ppm of Nitrogen, 260.4 ppm of P (P2O5), and 260.4 ppm of K (K2O) for a TOTAL ppm of approximately 781.3 .

So with the above this is what I want to use:

Jacks hydro 5-12-26
calcium nitrate 15- 0- 0
bone meal 0-10- 0
organic fert. 2- 5- 2

Totals: 22-37-28 NPK perspectively which is: 1-1.6-1.2

Now to cut it:

Jacks full dose 5-12-26
calcium nitrate 3.75-0-0 1/4 dose
bone meal 0-2.5-0 1/4 dose
organic fert. 2-5-2 full dose

Totals: 10.75-19.5-28 NPK with ratios being 1-1.8-2.6

Anyone see anything wrong with my math? Been sometime since I have had to do this kind of stuff and I am way out of practice.

Now with the maxibloom... it comes out to 1-3-2.8 npk.... so I think my nutes should do fine but then again... this is why I am asking you guys.

Thanks again and I would be totally lost without this site.

J

Jalisco Kid

Mixing organics with salts will not help in giving you a rough idea whats being intaked up in your plants.As organics takes time to be broken down. I see a lot of people being happy with green plants rather then seeking it full potential.
I think if you used another formula for veg you could get a lot more plant which might give you more bud. Girls can be pushed after week 2 in veg, I run mine till week 6. JK

GanjaAL

GanjaAL

Thanks JK for chiming in. I feel like a kid trying to study for a chem test LMAO

What I have as I was given samples is:

Bone meal at 0-10-0
Organic fert. 2-5-2
Aqua flakes B at 2-4-10

Can get a small bottle of the Aqua flakes A 8-0-0 to throw in the mix to make the numbers work.

Decided on the Aqua flakes as it is cheaper to run as it was expensive to have shipped. shipping cost was just as much as it was for the Jacks. The organics was samples sent to me for free so I am going to make use of them... hence the reason I posted the numbers.

I know I can cut and add to make the numbers but this is what I Have to work with at this moment in time. I read up what dank was doing and liked his idea of the 1:2.5 ratio for the N:K as it would help with less leaf to bud site plant. Just trying to manipulate what I have been reading up on.

Thanks again for chiming in and more imput would greatly be appreciated.

J

Jalisco Kid

I have seen cal nitrate and aqua flakes do well in flowering in a chow mix. Getting some good salts can be worth a road trip as 300 bucks worth can last most growers 2 years. It also gives you a chance on being a mad experimenter to try out different formulas to dial in your plants. Playing with a good nute calculator for a week will help you out a lot. JK

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Now here is the conversion formula I have found:

One can estimate the parts per million in solution (ppm) produced by a quantity of fertilizer in a gallon of water, based on the fertilizer's N-P-K rating.

For each number in the rating apply the following formula:

> one teaspoon (5ml) of a given fertilizer in a gallon of water
(10xN)÷ 0.768 = ppm

> one tablespoon (15ml) of fertilizer in a gallon of water:

(10xN)÷ 0.256 = ppm

Example: Peter's Professional All-Purpose Fertilizer with N-P-K rating of 20-20-20.

(10x20)÷.768=260.4 ppm

Therefore, one teaspoon (5ml) of Peter's Professional All-Purpose 20-20-20 in one gallon of water will produce a solution that contains approximately 260.4 ppm of Nitrogen, 260.4 ppm of P (P2O5), and 260.4 ppm of K (K2O) for a TOTAL ppm of approximately 781.3 .

Now I may be wrong, but I thought to find the ppm for NPK you take N divided by 4 then move the decimal over 1 spot to the right. That will give you the ppm per gram of fert per gallon of water. With P and K its the same thing, but before you divide by 4, you multiply P by .44 and K by .83

Maybe the way you showed also works, but I never heard of it before. Just trying to help out bro and good luck.

GanjaAL

GanjaAL

Thanks JK I will try and find one and get going on that. This is turning out to be harder than I thought unless I am just missing it. Oh welll just got to dive in and figure it out.

Thanks Lex for chiming in brother.... this was just something out found online and wanted input to see if it is correct. Not sure where they got the 10 at to multiply with the percentage but everything else is explained why they did it that way as the .768 represents the teaspons in a gallon and the deviding by 5 like I did was what the ppm would be per ml or gram as that is the general rule.

Now I am really confused LOL... Hope I can get this worked out or I will just fallow the directions on the bottles.

Hey JK... I calculated off of some of these recipes and by me using 50 gallons of water on a cycle just do not see the salts lasting that long as 50 gallons x 2g is 100 grams per rez to which there is 453.5 grams per spound but again... this is Jacks hydro.... I am sure with just plain salts it most likely will be cheaper that route.

J

Jalisco Kid

I pay an avg of about 38 bucks for 50 lb bags. Micros I buy from haifa for a bit more.If by cycle you mean a whole run, they would last decades. I mixed 6x that weekly.JK

GanjaAL

GanjaAL

yes sir.. one run. This run I will keep it simple with what I have on hand and amend as needed. Then hopefully on the next run... I will convert to salts with organic ammendments. Going to try and keep feeding light and start from there. Thanks again brother for chiming in and all your help.

Also you are correct. I found some Potash at 0-0-50 water soluble flakes which would do exactly as you said and give me nutes for days. Sounds perfect and will most likely pick it up to keep my ppms up as right now with what I have.... my ppm is way down and the P would be real high if I started adding more ml per gallon of the organic and the aqua flakes.

J

Jalisco Kid

Watch how you pick your salts to do your work as some salts have a higher salt index. JK

GanjaAL

GanjaAL

Thanks again JK... I had planed on doing a test with it in a gallon of water to see exactly were it is at.

J

Jalisco Kid

Download a salt index list, same salts gak up your plants more to get a certain ppm you are striving for.JK

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Most of my P is coming from bone meal and not salt.

Get yourself the nute calculator from cannastats or hydrobuddy. Then all you have to do is plug in the numbers. I agree with JK on mixing a lot of organics and synthetics. I like to go with one or the other with the exception of EWC tea and molasses.

GanjaAL

GanjaAL

Thanks cap.... I was able to get one. My biggest thing that I am trying to figure is:

Liquid ratios to Solid ratios

Liquid being 2-5-2 and the solids being like jacks for example 5-12-26

J

Jalisco Kid

For your liquids get the weight on the liquids, copy of the analysis and then go to a calculator and just plug those numbers in. Just keeping playing with the cal and different nutes soon the light bulb will come on. It will then kill you to walk into another hydroponic shop.JK

GanjaAL

GanjaAL

So true JK... just found some Amino powder on line for cheap as compared to the cost per gallon to make is almost pennies to dollars.

Also... from the one calc I am using it is the same maybe off by 1.

I pluged the liquid ratio in and then the solids ratio in and ppm were the same except for the P which was off by 1.

Hence the reason I was going to buy a sample and test it out in a gallon to see how close. If my test is right... it should be cool sailing from there.

Again brother... thanks for the help. Almost their... building my raceway tables today. Fun stuff.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

I have a question for anybody that knows the answer. Can I figure out the ppm's for a liquid fert the same way as a solid?? Basically, the equation I posted earlier, does it work for something like Kool Bloom or do I need to use the nute calculator.

GanjaAL

GanjaAL

Do not quote me on this lex but that is what I have been trying to figure out all this time. From what I have seen on the calc I posted... it does. But you must test it out for your own. I am going to buy a small pack of salt and test it out to one gallon. so... a liquid base nut at 0-0-10 should come out the same as the solid version of the same 0-0-10. I had looked it up on the net and one gram is equal to one ml of the same compound. Again... this is what the conversion I found on the net has said... and I have still yet to see it with my own eyes to which as I said... will buy a small bag of salt to test out this theory, hypothosis or whatever you want to call it. Now if you go over to Caps jacks post... I pluged in his ratio's and weights in the calculator and they came out the same with the exception of the P which came out 1 ppm off. Which to be honest should not make to much of a difference. Hope this helps lex as this is what I have been looking to find out this past week. Once I get this figured out... i will be able to mix and match as needed.

Top Bottom