Converting One Bed Room Into Grow

• Thread starter Crafty
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Crafty

Crafty

Hey guys, Crafty here, I been lurking here for a lonnggg time, and now finally have the means to do somethings, so here we go i've done 2 grows in a tent, and they went decently i would say. , so now I have a bed room that i wanted to create into a grow room itself, was using a 4x8 tent with 1000w hps and supplemented with leds before, i was thinking with this size room i could get in 4-6 1000w hps or a set up with some led's

i was looking to get a bigger tent or have multiple tents, but i figure converting the room would be cheaper and more efficient for my hobby
here is the layout of the room.

Aprrox. 140sqft

Also its 8ft ceilings

to explain; i drew this up with building a room side the room idea
and the walk way is just the space right when you walk in the door, its just basically the doorway width straight forward to the wall. so essentially that so there is really 34inches of additonal space on top of the 12.5ft.

Converting one bed room into grow

i was thinking of building a room inside the room, but with this amount of room would it be best to just do the whole room?

I am really not sure what to do about ventilation, because with the tent i have a carbon scrubber where the duct leads right into the room itself....but if i make the room into the grow room, there is a bathroom on the other side of the wall that i could run ventilation through the wall into the bathroom...but im not sure if that makes sense to do.

there is quite a bit of closet space as well, just about as big as my tent actually. was thinking could make that its own veg room.

guess my question is, am i going in the right direct by doing the whole room? and avoid getting more tents as well as not building a room inside of a room?

would a vent through the wall, into the bathroom work for the inputt air? and there is a big window in the room, do i need to board that up completely? or how can i use that for the air output?

Last edited:
MrBelvedere

MrBelvedere

What are the average temperatures outside the house during the span of a year?

S

Seed Buyer

Whole room just seal it up and run and AC, Co2, and dehumidifier. If this out of the question I would intake through the crawlspace or floor and exhaust out the ceiling into the attic (given thats whats above the room). The sealed room would be the easiest to dial in but would cost a little more to get up and going. Are you in a med state?

Crafty

Crafty

Whole room just seal it up and run and AC, Co2, and dehumidifier. If this out of the question I would intake through the crawlspace or floor and exhaust out the ceiling into the attic (given thats whats above the room). The sealed room would be the easiest to dial in but would cost a little more to get up and going. Are you in a med state?

Yessir. Med state here. Thats what I figured, that'd I could dial it in and it stay that way. It is an attic above it and doable for the exhaust. but the floor wont do work for intake, just because its upstairs, and its a living room below this room. you think could i go through the top of the frame on a bed room door and use the hall/staircase thats out there as the lung room?

edit: if its going to cost a little more thats fine, im budgeting but its not too tight.

MrBelvedere

MrBelvedere

It is great to grow in a full room if you can, so much more space and yield. Are you in a med state?

You can install a mini split AC to handle the heat buildup in the rooms. That is easiest long term probably because you will be fine in the summertime as well as the wintertime.

Or you could keep the window open in winter and intake cold air into the room to cool the lights. You will have to build a light trap to keep the window light from affecting your plants 12/12 photoperiod. You can exhaust into the bathroom- and from the bathroom exhaust to outside the house using the existing bathroom vent. Or you could cut a bigger vent in the ceiling and exhaust thru that. But this will only work in the wintertime. In the summertime you will need a window A/C or a mini-split AC.

HTH

MrBelvedere

MrBelvedere

Just saw the latest post. You could replace the door with a piece of plywood (on hinges) and cut the bottom six inches off the door. That could be your intake if you want. But your hallway air would have to be really cold for that to be effective.

since you have budget for a mini split just get that and be done with it :)

Crafty

Crafty

Just saw the latest post. You could replace the door with a piece of plywood (on hinges) and cut the bottom six inches off the door. That could be your intake if you want. But your hallway air would have to be really cold for that to be effective.

since you have budget for a mini split just get that and be done with it :)

Ok I see now, just to make sure, so all i would need is my exhaust correct? and no intake needed if i run mini split with Co2 and and dehumid like seed buyer had mentioned?

and i appreciate the replies

+++ vibes

MrBelvedere

MrBelvedere

sure... the good things about a mini split is that it will run even in the winter and cool the room. Traditional AC cannot cool in winter. Mitsubishi is very reliable. If the room is sealed you won't need any exhaust at all, the room will be airtight.

As the plants get bigger they will consume all the co2- so you need to supplement with:

-co2 tank and regulator
-co2 generator
-setup intake/exhaust moving thru the room to bring in fresh air co2...

If you go to this thread https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/threads/grow-room-a-c.46645/page-81#post-1541598 and post your room diagram @CannabisJohn can recommend the correct model to get based on the number of lights you want to hang.

If you have the budget, invest in an iponic controller, they are great too.

Have fun!

S

Seed Buyer

Given the low temps in your area you will need to get a Mini Split w/ an inverter so your outdoor unit can still operate in the low temps without freezing up.

Top Bottom