Converting to grow trees, need tips

• Thread starter ttystikk
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ttystikk

ttystikk

I would foliar feed them a bit now your roots are compromised. My tanks are thick so light has never been an issue, but I feel whatever infected your girls was already in the water waiting around for the right conditions. With my patients grows I usually can see were something stressed the plants before the bloom came about. I find coir holds on to things well so I might run some pH water in there to rinse out the bleach more. Then the bennies JK

My chowmix pots are above the waterline, so the only roots that are affected are those hanging down into the water. I tried Cap's bennies first, if that fails I will use either bleach or h2o2. Which should I use?

ttystikk

ttystikk

I would foliar feed them a bit now your roots are compromised. My tanks are thick so light has never been an issue, but I feel whatever infected your girls was already in the water waiting around for the right conditions. With my patients grows I usually can see were something stressed the plants before the bloom came about. I find coir holds on to things well so I might run some pH water in there to rinse out the bleach more. Then the bennies JK

Completely forgot to ask about what to foliar! Name it, chances are I have some floating around here somewhere.

J

Jalisco Kid

I would spray with something like 30% of what you are normally feeding them. and watch. You do not want to stress them if they are unable to process that.When the roots are ill they lose their ability to pump up water,and to clean their own shit off themselves. I would add a little aminos and kelp to help boost their immune system. I try to look at the girls like they have the flu like a person. Sometimes you do not want to eat and thin fluids are better. You might check your roots with a 60x mag to see if the infection is not rising above the water line. Some times though you have to make a stain to see what is attacking you. Even if you are not top feeding them at all I would think the infection is going up the roots. I prefer H peroxide as it cleans up after itself a lot. In my tanks I can drain them and spray peroxide directly on the whole sys. wait 15 min then flush and remove the dead and dying roots. I would then add a 40-60-(60-80) N-P-K with aminos and kelp and run it a day as a dwc.To help get the roots popping again. A lot of times you end up with a bigger root system then before this happened. I have seen a lot of those tubs in dd's section so I am not sure the light is the major culprit. But then a lot of those guys you never hear from again. I have seen some killer grows and heros over night then they fade. I do not if they made a bunch of funtickets and ran or they got hit hard and was too embarrassed to share their problems. This to me is where you separate the chaf,cuz everyone is a killer grower till the shit hits the fan. I wish you the best of luck,and it is far worst to do little then to try something. JK

reloader

reloader

I'll keep banging away at it, and keep trying stuff until I get it figured out. This, for me, is the fun part.
That's the best part of growing is trying new things. I absolutely love growing, I cannot wait for my lights to come on each night in flower room, it's just so exciting to watch these things grow. Nice thread.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
I'll keep banging away at it, and keep trying stuff until I get it figured out. This, for me, is the fun part.

Please follow my instructions. Disinfect 1st. Then follow up with bennies. You need to sterilize first man. Don't let it ride or you may as well just start over.

Nip
It
In
The
Bud.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
This is a photo I picked up from my boys store

Its 20 x Daystars W/Hortilux V 16 E Pappilions

If you zoom in check out the flower sites

Is that a side by side?

I am not sure this is the right place for this but it's a cool picture.

ttystikk

ttystikk

Please follow my instructions. Disinfect 1st. Then follow up with bennies. You need to sterilize first man. Don't let it ride or you may as well just start over.

Nip
It
In
The
Bud.

I ended up doing all three; replacing the plants with fresh unstressed individuals, disinfecting with h2o2, and then reinoculated with bennies- yours, to make a point- and finally fashioned a light proof lid cover for the tubs that also reflected away heat.

Complete, unequivocal success!
20130908 172040

It should be noted that there were only a few roots sticking out of the netpots when these went into the system just ten days ago!

ttystikk

ttystikk

Nip
It
In
The
Bud.

You may remember that I not only disinfected the whole setup and drained and restarted it with bennies from tea, but also replaced the plants as well. So what happened to those original pythium infected plants and how did they fare afterwards?

Well, I dunked them straight into the act/bennies bucket all the way up to within an inch of the upper surface of the chowmix, so not just the roots but the whole bucket lid. These returned to the RDWC in the veg tent, and have been recovering nicely. In addition, they've not infected anything else.

Top Bottom