Cookies n' Cream Grow - Novice Grower

• Thread starter rustyshackleford
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
rustyshackleford

rustyshackleford

With quarantine happening and me sitting around at the house, I decided to pop a seed of some cookies and cream into a plastic bag with a damp paper towel to see if it would sprout. I got lucky and had a solid seed so off we go! I got an old light from a friend and set her up in my closet. Everything has kinda been thrown together as I didn't have high hopes that the seed would actually sprout. So far everything has been going alright though. Other than watering, all I have done is top her one time and I just started some LST to open up the canopy and keep her short, by tying down a couple branches.

Details:
  • Cookies n' Cream seed planted around the beginning of July
  • Growing in MiracleGrow Organic soil ( I know it sucks but this whole thing was put together on the fly and its the best I had available )
  • Using a single 600w light in a dome hood with fan
  • Closet is roughly 4' x 4' x 8'
  • Temp highs are ~82 and lows are ~74
  • Watering every 1 - 2 days or when the top inch of soil has dried out

I am a bit concerned with some leaf coloration that is changing as well as the tips of leaves starting to bend down on a few fan leaves, which you can see well in the closer pictures. The pictures are below if any of y'all have an idea of what could be causing the issues. Im worried I may be at the first stage of a nutrient deficiency or that I'm not recognizing the correct water needs and I'm over/under watering.

CnC.jpeg
CnC Close Up.jpeg
CnC Leaf Tips.jpeg

rustyshackleford

rustyshackleford

I don't know. I need to buy a PPM meter still so I'll have to do that and let you know. I haven't added any nutrients when watering so it has only been getting what MG has put in their soil and whats in my tap water at this point. Is there anything I am obviously missing that could be a deficiency? Or do you have a suggestion for a nutrient product that could help with overall health?

As far as the MG soil itself, the bag says.

MGO

rustyshackleford

rustyshackleford

Below are some additional pictures, if that could help. The edge and very tip of leaf began to turn purple, now some yellowing is starting as the purple color spreads. There is also some clawing with the fan leaf tips. Thanks in advance for any input.

Leaf Discoloration:

FO

UC

The Whole Plant:

L
C
R

JaSpirit

JaSpirit

HI. I am novice. Plants not happy at ends of the leaf. Shows some kind of stress. Someone who knows better will tell you.
My guess.... hot soil+ nutes = high ppm or ph issue & nutrient uptake issue. Fix soon before late.

Baklaga

Baklaga

@rustyshackleford 🤝
Water PH adjusted? judging from your description - the plant has hunger!

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Purpling is normal with this strain. Here’s one I grew out last year. One thing to watch out for is bananas or hermies. This strain is very sensitive and even in ideal conditions it can throw a few naners. If it happens in mid to late flower it’s not a big deal as you can pluck them off and keep rolling. If it happens early in flowering and it’s not caught and handled it can be a pain in the ass.

7BB9234C BBF6 4171 AC3E E76F83CDB06E
Edinburgh

Edinburgh

Miricle grow puts salt in there mix and food so everytime you water you feed, but looks good.

rustyshackleford

rustyshackleford

Purpling is normal with this strain. Here’s one I grew out last year. One thing to watch out for is bananas or hermies. This strain is very sensitive and even in ideal conditions it can throw a few naners. If it happens in mid to late flower it’s not a big deal as you can pluck them off and keep rolling. If it happens early in flowering and it’s not caught and handled it can be a pain in the ass.

Well that's good to know that this strain naturally has a purple-ish-ness to it hah. I'll keep an eye out for signs of it being a hermie over the next few weeks as I just switched to 12 - 12 yesterday. Any tips for sexing? Below are a few close ups... looking like a girl, correct?

SX1
SX2

rustyshackleford

rustyshackleford

Miricle grow puts salt in there mix and food so everytime you water you feed, but looks good.
Gotcha, well I guess its getting fed after all haha. If you (or anyone) knows something I would be missing with the MiracleGro soil or just that would be good to add as I go into the flowering stage, I would appreciate any advice.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Gotcha, well I guess its getting fed after all haha. If you (or anyone) knows something I would be missing with the MiracleGro soil or just that would be good to add as I go into the flowering stage, I would appreciate any advice.
When you get your new meters search 'slurry test' on this site and then post the results and then you can get some help going forward once we know your slurry test results, meantime I wouldn't change anything because what you're doing is working, good luck!

rustyshackleford

rustyshackleford

Got my meters so I tested both the tap water and then did a slurry test with some soil from the pot.

TAP WATER

PH - 7.61
PPM - 156
EC - 314

Tap ph
Tap ppm
Tap ec

SLURRY TEST

PH - 6.74
PPM - 343
EC - 784

Slurry PH
Slurry ppm
Slurry ec

rustyshackleford

rustyshackleford

...well turns out she is not actually a she :(

I don't have the skills to pre-sex so I have just been hoping I had a girl but now that I have gone into flowering I can see that this girl is a boy! There are pollen sacks multiplying at the nodes so it appears no buds for me. I will be growing him out for another couple weeks and I will collect the pollen for a future breeding experiment.

Any ideas on what would be a good cross for cookies and cream?!?

Top Bottom