cookies turning out kind of sandy...

• Thread starter GdKid
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GdKid

GdKid

So im trying to make lactose-free peanut butter and choco chip cookies. i tried to different recipies one with an egg and one with out... but both times my cookies came out crumbly and kind of sandy....it might have been bc my guy needed potent ones and added about 2 cups maybe a little bit more of cannabutter to it, i dont know tho..... can anyone help me out with this delema? i really want to get a good recipe down....

Thanks!

Dirty White Boy

Dirty White Boy

Add some oatmeal. I cant have dairy and not suppose too have gluten. And thats what keeps mine together. Adding in some banana really helps as well.

El Cerebro

El Cerebro

flaxseed meal is another good binder / egg-replacer, and mashable fruit (like applesauce, ^banana, etc) can add moisture. not a baker myself but have seen it done..

Cort

Cort

+1 on the applesauce.

Had applesauce Choc chip cookies and they pretty good.

GdKid

GdKid

Nice thanks for all the tips let you all know how the next batch turns out

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
In gluten-free recipes you can use either xanthan (tree) gum, or, what I use is good old New World cornstarch. New World is not a brand, as far as I know, by that I mean THE New World. We wouldn't have corn without it!

The cornstarch really helps hold things together, IME. However, you could also share the recipe and perhaps we could help you tweak it a bit. ;)

Dirty White Boy

Dirty White Boy

Just make sure if you use cornstarch not too add too much, it really thickens stuff up. I would also like to see your recipe Ive got a few ill share, if youd like.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
That's right, DWB. I use the cornstarch as a direct substitution for the xanthan gum, which is usually in the 1 teaspoon to tablespoon range for a couple of cups of whatever flour you're using. I like to use one of the Bob's Red Mill baking mixes, it's all done for me and I just measure it out and away we go.

Top Bottom