Cooking with canna new experiences

• Thread starter boxturtle
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

boxturtle

One thing that I notice when searching for good cannabis recipes is that most of them are for a desert of some sort. Don’t get me wrong I love sugary sweet goodness just as much as the next person, but sometimes I want real food (not just candy). The ever popular canna butter recipes are usually only good for baking some sort of confection. What about a dressing for salad, or barbecue sauces, and other savory dishes, well it is possible to infuse the goodness of your most loved plant in there also. So instead of starting with the usual butter, lets mix things up a bit with some vinegar.
Green vinegar
Ingredients
2cups vinegar white wine
1oz bud
Directions
In an electric kettle (stovetop works as well but the kettle lets out less vinegar smell) heat the vinegar to 190. Place buds in a sealable container and cover with the heated vinegar, cover and let sit in a cool dark place. The vinegar can be used in as soon as 30 min but better flavor will develop if left to steep up to two weeks. Will store 5 to 6 months in cool box 5 to 6 weeks on the counter.
Make sure to store your green vinegar in a container with an air tight lid.

S

sfzoo

This works? Have you done this?

Most extractions happen w/ milk, cream, or butter due to the high fat content. olive oil, coconut oil can be used as well for the same reasons.

One reason they are predominantly sweets, candies, brownies, etc., is because it makes dosing simpler. And people rarely eat more than 1 of 2 candies/brownies, or at least they don't feel strange when the are restricted to 1 or 2. Its easy to say, 'just eat half' or 'eat 2'.

However, say you made Chicken Alfredo. Then while at dinner, tell one person 'eat the whole thing', and another 'eat half'. well that's just rude!

B

boxturtle

I have tryed this and it does work, Alcohol turns to vinegar when it goes bad. This the natural process in distilling vinegar. So yes it does extract the THC. Fats have to be heated to low temperatures to be effective in extracting THC, and vinegar can be heated to a more optimal range. The key is to use the green vinegar as an additon to other foods espesualy in other foodstuffs that would be used sparingly. Like french dressing,
2/3 cup ketchup
1 cup white sugar
1/2 cup green vinegar
1 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup lemon juice
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon paprika
When added to say a beef or vegitable stew it would be best to add near the end in small amounts individualy so that dose may be better controled on an individual basis. Thanks for the comment zoo now im going to have to try this with coconut vinegar just to see what the results are like.

Top Bottom