• 🎅 Christmas Sale - 25% Off All Seeds 🎄
    Use Coupon Code At Checkout: XMAS25
i am purchasing a UC8xl system. the website states that the full system was 65gal total. i will have a 55gal resivior that will have the float valve kit so it always will top off the epicenter with chilled r/o water with the nutes already in it.. my question is.

the stealth hydro will run r/o water into the 55gal drum, which will have a ppm/ph/temp meter reading everything. the nutes will be added in, and finally the float valve will constantly fill the epicenter with the correct ph/ppm/temp water for the girls. now to chill the 55gal drum, i will have a chiller that has its own 25gal res to recycle the harm water from the cool coil. the cool coil will be placed in the 55gal drum. the cool coil will cool the 55gal water right before it gets filled into the epicenter. will 1 cool coil be able to cool the 55gal top off rez? or will it need more than 1 coil?

also, what size chiller is required for a cool coil.

Bro you are waaaayyyy over doing/thinking it for a UC8xl... i run a 8xl and there is really no need for a top off rez.. All you need to do add a few gallons of water every week as the girls drink it add a lil more... they will hardly drink anything until they get a nice large root system and then when they do have a huge root system they still dont drink but maybe 5-8 gallons a day total...

However if you insisted on getting a seperate rez your going to want to have a 2 pumps in your 55 gal rez bucket.. One that pumps water from your 55gal rez through the chiller and back into the rez and one that pumps from your rez through your cool coil and back into your rez... Your cool coil needs to be in the UC epicenter not in your 55gal rez...

I do it the easy way and its worked for over 2 years now... i keep my rez outside of my grow area and have a 2 gallon jug to top off manually when needed... Since it sits outside of my grow area is stays relativly cool, the water only needs to be 62-68 once its in the system... My chiller sits next to my epicenter and i have a pump in my epicenter that pumps my UC water out n then through my chiller and the back into the top of my epicenter it stays consistant at whatever temp i put it at... I have had no problems to date using this method... I use a 1/4 Hp active aqua chiller set at 66

I run a res barrel for my chiller water and put the coils in my epicenter, works like a charm. Running one system you can do it the other way pump you nutrients through the coil in your chiller barrel. I don't run nutrients through my chiller as I think that reduces the life span of the chiller. A 25 foot SS coil will work well. These are 50 foot SS I got from NY brewing supply for 75$ each other places charge 150+ for them.

http://www.nybrewsupply.com/beer-home-brewing-equipment/wort-chillers/stainless-steel-wort-chiller-garden-hose-fittings-38-x-50.html
IMGP4275.JPG
IMGP4273.JPG

I would run 1 coil in your epicenter... I don't think u will need one in your top off unless it's somewhere it gets real hot... I keep my top off outside the room and don't need to chill it.. It stays around 68... If top off is set up through float valve it will b letting little water through at a time so it shouldn't have an effect on the system temp .. Prob going to need a 1/10 hp chiller if your running 8 gal modules or a 1/4 hp for 13 gal modules.... U may want to consider oversizing chiller as well if u have plans of expanding later

I have a few questions on a similiar setup, i want to put a wort coil in my rez since my water chiller likes to get clogged every few months or so. What size pump should i use? I have a 1hp chiller and it recommends 800 or 1000 gpm pump but thats accounting for 100+ gallons running thru it, with the coil im guess less than 2 gallons of water probably even less

So for my veg tent I have a uc4 and I have a top off res on that that's only 13gal but it does wonders for me as I just added it this grow and it does make a difference the plants seem much happier keeping a constant water level as you run it to your epicenter on a float valve and you can put next week's nutes into it and call it a day....and my bloom is x4 27gal totes that is 85gal I run a 1/4hp chiller with a 700gph pump for my return line and it runs into my chiller and then into my epicenter on the outside of the tent as both my epicenters and top off rez makes things much more efficient... The 55gal top off rez I have sitting on 2 cinder blocks so it is higher than the epicenter so it can drain all the way with gravity... I run my temps at 71-73 the rez is at 71 just due to ambient temp of the room so no need to chill...And it works even better for adding next week's nutes than in veg of course....and in bloom is when u can lower water level to simulate a drought to drop it down slowly over the last half of bloom or so....hope that helps gud luck with it..also if ur getting gunk in ur chiller and it clogging some how then u should get a spin filter for before it and you shouldn't have a problem..they also say you should clean them every 1-2mo so after each harvest you should clean it out...which the best way I have found is to get like a 5gal bucket fill it with water and alot of h2o2 depends on how nasty depends on amaount I've heard people doing 1quart of h2o2 however I did like a cup full and is plenty for me u can always do a cup and then rinse it out refill and do it again until she runs free and no scale and gunk out of it...a fishing net helps as u don't have to refill so much then but also depends on how bad it is....hope that helps
IMG_20190715_230501.jpg

Latest Cannabis Seeds

Sundae Cookies
Sold out

Sundae Cookies

Divine Genetics
Sundae Driver x GMO Cookies
Feminized
New
$200.00
Sunset Sherbet S1
Sold out