Cool Coils

• Thread starter grow_dat_nasty
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

grow_dat_nasty

I was wondering if it is safe to run anti freeze thru some cool coils, I been setting up a new Under Current set up for my veg room, and won't be able to get a chiller in there this round, ive been thinking I could get through without one but been getting kinda paranoid now, so I was thinking of using the outside cold to my advantage and just maybe running a res outside with a pump pumping the cold outside water through a cool coil in the epp. Just worried about the water freezing so was wondering if I can run anti freeze safely thru the cool coils or any other ideas on keeping the water from freezing. I have a 1/4 hp chiller in my flower room now but don't think it is big enough to cool 2 system ones a 4 ucxxl13and others a 6 ucxl13 with cool coils idk tho maybe I'm wrong, flower room hits temps up to 85 and veg about 77 since no co2 yet in veg

QuarterbackMo

QuarterbackMo

I was wondering if it is safe to run anti freeze thru some cool coils, I been setting up a new Under Current set up for my veg room, and won't be able to get a chiller in there this round, ive been thinking I could get through without one but been getting kinda paranoid now, so I was thinking of using the outside cold to my advantage and just maybe running a res outside with a pump pumping the cold outside water through a cool coil in the epp. Just worried about the water freezing so was wondering if I can run anti freeze safely thru the cool coils or any other ideas on keeping the water from freezing. I have a 1/4 hp chiller in my flower room now but don't think it is big enough to cool 2 system ones a 4 ucxxl13and others a 6 ucxl13 with cool coils idk tho maybe I'm wrong, flower room hits temps up to 85 and veg about 77 since no co2 yet in veg

Honestly I don't think anti freeze is necessary as water in motion will not freeze to my knowledge.

B

Bobby Smith

If you're worried about freezing, use food grade propylene glycol instead - that's what Ben Derdundat runs and what Hydro Innovations recommends to be run through their chillers (like 1 part to 10 parts water or something like that, but double check that ratio).

G

grow_dat_nasty

where do I get some of that glycol cause I wasn't gonna have it running at all times, was gonna probably have on a timer and run it when needed, probably do a test run and see what times I need it on, if I end up needing it at all, see alot of people getting away with not using a chiller, and its just for veg got a chiller for flower already

U

UNVME

I don't think you will need it. I have (1) cool coil for each system. The water running through the coils is about 58 degrees to bring down the entire UC system to 67*f. About 100 gallons per system, give or take.

G

grow_dat_nasty

Does anyone know if a eco plus 1/4 hp chiller is big enough to cool both systems with cool coils, both system size and temps in first post

Latest posts

Top Bottom