Cool, efficient horizontals to supplement hps vert grow?

• Thread starter Funkadelic
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Funkadelic

Funkadelic

Hey all -

The vert grow (8 x Solitek) bulbs are going to do great this round, but I'd like to start working towards a LOW heat supplemental overhead efficient horizontal lighting for the (large) room.

Was thinking 4 banks of T5s or ?

Cant afford new wiring nor much added heat, otherwise I'd go for Gavitas or another DE bulb setup. Too much cash, power draw, and heat though.

Should I go with bluish bulbs on T5's or shoplights maybe? Yes this will be used in flower, just to supplement.... thoughts ....?

Funkadelic

Funkadelic

Nice, Dan - like how you think. This is the kind of solution I'm looking for.... but have to do it next round. These girls are already aiming for the ceiling....

I'll try to get a good spectrum to supplement with those, more bluish or crisp white.

Funkadelic

Funkadelic

Hey Billy - also a very cool option. Im a huge fan of mixed spectrum and like the mh for veg.
Been VERY curious about the ceramic halides.....
Wonder what the heat profile is like on these?

Billyboat

Billyboat

Hey Billy - also a very cool option. Im a huge fan of mixed spectrum and like the mh for veg.
Been VERY curious about the ceramic halides.....
Wonder what the heat profile is like on these?

I replaced all of my t5 fixtures in the veg room with the sunsytem lec 315s and the dpap 315s. They run about 100 degrees coming off the fixture, they also make a flowering bulb.

They rock.

dabs4life

dabs4life

CFL UA250 can put them in wings

also work great on a genny for emergency use
i know a guy who blew a few in a genny. are these different or did you have them hooked different? after it happened we figured it was a no go and moved them.

Sailfishdan

Sailfishdan

i know a guy who blew a few in a genny. are these different or did you have them hooked different? after it happened we figured it was a no go and moved them.
run mine off a digital inverter style genny and have never had a problem

Top Bottom