Cool Flame Co2 Generator from AN?

• Thread starter Beasters X Haze
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

Beasters X Haze

Has anyone purchased one of these things? Used one? We really need to get a Co2 generator and the model we bought, they don't make a natural gas model anymore. At the THC expo they had a few models of these out and were talking them up big ( what a surprise). Wondering if anyone has any feedback? thanks!

Honestly, i'd like to hear ANY natural gas co2 generator recommendations.

B

bass ackwards

I will be following this thread as I am in need of a unit like this also. It is a tankless water heater and can be found at most big box hardware stores. Interested to find out how much engineering has been put into this unit that would make it different than the units available elsewhere. Hydro-Gen makes one which others here have tried with varying degrees of success. They have to explain what makes their unit different from what you can purchase from Home Depot.

Respect bass

N

noone88

First generation of the HydroGEN was just that unit, with a different cover. The second gen unit seems to have a few custom mods, like the auto-refire.

No idea what the AN unit looks like. Someone has to open it up. Most likely it's the same as above, but with a fancier cover.

Private-labeling of products is rampant in all industries.

F

FileError404

They have a converter for the hydro gen pro (I assume that's the model you bought):

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

First generation of the HydroGEN was just that unit, with a different cover. The second gen unit seems to have a few custom mods, like the auto-refire.

No idea what the AN unit looks like. Someone has to open it up. Most likely it's the same as above, but with a fancier cover.

Private-labeling of products is rampant in all industries.

I looked at the unit, and it looks like it is a bit nicer. Can't see what's under the hood, but they claim up to 86% reduction in heat with their water cooled design. It mentions pilotless ignition, and a 1yr "money back" warranty. It just might be better than the Hydrogen. I gotta buy a generator myself soon. Maybe I will give this one a go. Anyone?

Coolflame bg
N

noone88

Give it a go. See if they have a NG version and find out if the AN version has a auto-refire.

When my HydroGEN v1 worked, it worked great. When it stopped working, I wanted to throw it out on the freeway.

And run drain to waste. The water use is minimum and you save tons of money by not having to cool *scalding hot* water.

You can either buy the Hydroinnovations drain valve or you can find something similar on ebay.

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

The unit works with ng and propane. There is no auto relight necessary, as it's electronic ignition lights when ever water flow starts (exactly like my tankless water heater in my house does). Speaking of tankless, my house tankless water heater has been going for a couple of years without any problems, ever. I will be using drain to waste for the cooling, which means I will need to add an electric water valve on the inlet to the unit. I will have to see if any of the local shops have them. They are a bit more $ than the Hydo Innovations, but it would be worth it if it works well. I will have to check it out.

N

noone88

The problem i'm referring to is not the water-ignition; the HydroGEN unit sometimes would not stay lit. The unit would fire when the water start, the pilot light would light, the unit would stay lit for a few seconds after the ignition clicking, and then the flame would die out.

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

The problem i'm referring to is not the water-ignition; the HydroGEN unit sometimes would not stay lit. The unit would fire when the water start, the pilot light would light, the unit would stay lit for a few seconds after the ignition clicking, and then the flame would die out.

Ah, I see what you mean. I should hope that with all the bad press out about the HydroGen, that the AN unit would not do the same. Obviously, someone has to be the guinea pig. I will check at my local shops. AN did say 100% satisfaction money back guarantee.

G

Green Escape

POS i bought one back in november and i hate the stupid thing no auto refire. flame goes out unless you have good airflow through it and if you wanna cool it without a chiller you need 250 gallon container. 100% guarantee to piss you off. im a big fan of certain AN products but alot of what i've seen from them lately is knockoff and the original is better.

B

Beasters X Haze

Does anyone know of a natural gas CO2 burner that works good? I'd really like the water cooled but it seems that they haven't been working good for anyone..

N

noone88

Sentinel vcg-27 has been solid for me. I remember seeing a greenhouse version that was a lot cheaper.

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

POS i bought one back in november and i hate the stupid thing no auto refire. flame goes out unless you have good airflow through it and if you wanna cool it without a chiller you need 250 gallon container. 100% guarantee to piss you off. im a big fan of certain AN products but alot of what i've seen from them lately is knockoff and the original is better.

Were you using it with ng or lp? I heard recently that the problem everybody was having with the HydroGen units was that the gas pressure in CA and CO was lower, causing the flame to go out. Also apparently the lp versions don't have the same problem.

Anyone with a HydroGen lp out there with some feedback? :help:
Thanks guys.

N

noone88

If you guys were browsing on icmag about a year ago, Eminem was running a HydroGEN LP unit (first gen) and he had issues as well.

As for the gas pressure being the reason, I don't really know what to say. It seems like a convenient excuse, but I have other CO2 gens from other companies that work perfectly.

B

bass ackwards

That Sentinel unit seems interesting,and it comes with a recommendation from someone from here who is using it. I wonder if it can be outside the grow room and have the CO2 ducted into the grow room,thus keeping the heat it generates out of the grow room.

Respect bass

N

noone88

There is an aircooled CO2 burner, I believe made by CAP. Sentinel was going to make one (and a drawing of it was in the instruction manuals), but they scrapped the project a while ago.

I've said this before, when my HydroGEN worked, it worked great. It produced truck-ton of CO2 and barely any heat.

If AN and HydroInnovations have been able to work out the firing issues, then it's a no-brainer purchase for many people.

B

bass ackwards

noone88,Thanks for all the info. I will look into both the sentinel and the cap units. I have often wondered about just picking up a tankless water heater from Menards or Home Depot and working with that.
I believe the HydroGen is nothing more than a reworked Marley tankless unit anyway. I'll have to go back to the Hydro Innovations web sight and find out more,they used to have a video explaining what they did to the unit to make it marketable for our purposes. The AN unit appears to be the same unit as the HydroGEN,but they have no information on CO2 production or any modifications they might have done,if any.
It's really to bad that the HydroGEN has been giving so many people here problems. If it worked properly it would be an easy choice.

Respect bass

C

coyboy33

Be nice if they put the price of the unit on the fancy add.

M

m22

yo ag... green air cd series NG.. not water cooled because that shit sucks but with the set point controller they are absolutely bulletproof. I have sworn by it for a couple yrs. the only issue that I have found is the light leak from the pilot during the dark cycle but if you have a lung space of sorts it should be no prob. fuck tanks 4 life

Top Bottom