Cool fungus gnat tip

• Thread starter dire wolf
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
dire wolf

dire wolf

Hey everybody, simple tip , not sure if anyone has tried it , i thought it was my greatest invention , but its probably been done before ...
Take a sticky paper made for roaches and mice , place large sheets between plants / on top of pots etc, make another one , tape to painters stir stick with blue tape , the one on the soil will overnight catch hundreds of them....
The one on the stick can be put verticle overnight and in morning or whenever lights go on , you will have hours of blissful recreation just fanning back and forth catching all those fuckers that evaded you previously ......
Be careful , its sticky as hell , works so much better than those yellow hangers , and cheaper than the other sticky product you get at the hydro shop.....
I know they are already made for plants , i guess my point is USE THEM they really work...
Also anyone using spinosad for gnats etc....shit is amazing...

ps they are easy to find at home depot incase you dont have a garden shop nearby....

P..
20200127_232300.jpg

Cool fungus gnat tip 2
Cool fungus gnat tip 3
Cool fungus gnat tip 4
Last edited:
Mr Bee

Mr Bee

Hey everybody, simple tip , not sure if anyone has tried it , i thought it was my greatest invention , but its probably been done before ...
Take a sticky paper made for roaches and mice , place large sheets between plants / on top of pots etc, make another one , tape to painters stir stick with blue tape , the one on the soil will overnight catch hundreds of them....
The one on the stick can be put verticle overnight and in morning or whenever lights go on , you will have hours of blissful recreation just fanning back and forth catching all those fuckers that evaded you previously ......
Be careful , its sticky as hell , works so much better than those yellow hangers , and cheaper than the other sticky product you get at the hydro shop.....
I know they are already made for plants , i guess my point is USE THEM they really work...
Also anyone using spinosad for gnats etc....shit is amazing...

ps they are easy to find at home depot incase you dont have a garden shop nearby....

P..View attachment 934779
I think the yellow sticky traps work well.theyr not all created equal though.some are stickier than others.iv seen me having terrible FG infestations and just laying the sticky traps across the tops of the pots so anything flying off the soil instantly hits the trap.
I was always useing the sticky traps along with fungus gnat nematodes which work fucking amazing and are pretty cheap.
I'v tried the fanning the trap about in the grow room thing but I kept hitting the leaves and they would stick and get ripped to fuck so I stopped.

dire wolf

dire wolf

Yea , i hear ya....i think i figured out the sticky mouse pad before my local hydro shop started carying the similar shaped playing card size , so at the time i thought it was genius, also for sure if your not careful , gonna be a sticky mess...
But when i fan , its usually around the lights above the plants, but bound to hit something.
Its just so satisfying to snag them when they are flying , its worth it

Of course you want to iradicate them quickly and avoid all the games ....
Yea nematodes great , i get em in the blue sponge , and knowing there is a microscopic force out there on my side is almost as satisfying...
Did you ever try spinosad, i feel like it worked better than the nematodes..
I think it wipes out thrips also...
Oops just saw your avatar , i think in the outdoor application , spinosad can be harmful to bees , so scratch that one ....
And your name mr bee

Last edited:
B

Burned Haze

Buy bulk yellow paper and staple to cardboard (optional+makes stronger)

10x cheaper than buying the premace, just use a wooden painters stick or cheap painters brush and ur set! Their free brush sucks ( I buy this stuff on IPM on the bulk and it rocks compared to buying cards ) too bad this company doesn’t sell gallon versions ( maybe they do, just not on amazon )
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B077XLV8T3/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_Y-8lEbVDM796E

dire wolf

dire wolf

EXCELLENT ! Thanks, love when one tip multiplies and becomes many good tips đź‘Ť

dire wolf

dire wolf

Yea, cant remember which it worked for best , probably thrips like you said, and thats what drove me to the sticky stuff....chasing gnats

dire wolf

dire wolf

Actually a funny story that led me to the original post , now that i think of it....
I have a few rooms in the house, and the plants are around the kitchen in one room, the fungus gnats were driving me nuts, and there were a bunch of gnats , same or different, i dont know on a pile of bananas, my wife was not happy , you know she starts saying , now this shit is leaking into the kitchen....
And i was like ugg you know, thats from the grocery not my fault...

Then we. Go to bed , and i dont know if they (fungus gnats) are smart as hell , or just hyper attracted to carbon dioxide or what the hell they were doing , but my wife and i are lying there in the dark reading our tablets , and she starts swatting and waving around like mad, she says your little fuckers are in bed with us now, i guess the light from tablet attracted them , but its a pretty far hike to get to us, so....

Now i calm her down and think its just one rare instance, but next night there are like 10 more, now shes freaking and im not too happy

So third night i say -damn im done, what the heck am i gonna do , thats when i see a lonley mouse stickey on the floor that hadnt caught anything in 6 months , so i rig up a paint stiick and give one to me and one to her lolipop style and we start reading in the dark , swoosh ,just 2 or 3 shots ALL gone, never had a problem again.....

Top Bottom