Cool tube cooling question?

• Thread starter UrbanGardener
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
UrbanGardener

UrbanGardener

Hi all,

Just have a bit of a question in regard to setting up my cool tube. Growing in a tent dimensions 0.9m x 0.45m x 1.6m. Using a 400w hps. Need a bit of advice of how to set up the cool tube so the room temps are stable and are correct. At the moment I am thinking ducting attached to one end of the cool tube then fan and ducting to carbon scrubber. Should I cover the other end of the cool tube to prevent any heat moving into the tent or will the fan be strong enough. Obviously depending on which fan (any suggestions?) Atm I only have cpu fans. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

UG

B

BongToker

alright, i got a small tent with cooltube set up so maybe i can help you out, with smaller tents with HIDs you really need to make sure ventilation is up to par so theres never stale air built up and make sure them temps are in check..

so this is how i have mine set up, firtst of ur going to need atleast one serious fan, i set up my cooltube with a 6" inline fan set up on one duct and the other side open, this will create negative pressure witch will draw intake air through a open duct in the tent, now you can just set up a fan to move the air around inside the tent, im sure one of those computer fans will work out...

winta

winta

thats the same thing i do cuz it gets the air out of the room as well as cool your light. i got a 600w hps ductin in then out of a 6" 423 cfm inline fan and it works wonders!

alright, i got a small tent with cooltube set up so maybe i can help you out, with smaller tents with HIDs you really need to make sure ventilation is up to par so theres never stale air built up and make sure them temps are in check..

so this is how i have mine set up, firtst of ur going to need atleast one serious fan, i set up my cooltube with a 6" inline fan set up on one duct and the other side open, this will create negative pressure witch will draw intake air through a open duct in the tent, now you can just set up a fan to move the air around inside the tent, im sure one of those computer fans will work out...

UrbanGardener

UrbanGardener

Thanks Bongtoker for the info! So your suggestion is to get one good serious fan for exhaust and pop and oscillating fan for air movement and I should be sweet? Sounds good.
Winta: Quick question, how big is your tent? I was opting for the 400w for my tent but I also have a 600w I can use for free if I can keep it cool enough...

B

BongToker

yes, im thinking the simpliest set up would be to hook up a 6inch inline fan to your hood and have like an 8inch or so passive intake at the bottom of your tent... now if heat is an issue at all you can control it by adding an actual intake fan or AC instead of the passive one.. a 4inch fan or AC (or duct a 4inch fan to your houses AC vent) should do it..

but how big is ur grow area my friend?? i can use my buddies 600 as well but am having a hard time actually seeing it happen without ACing up my tent..

UrbanGardener

UrbanGardener

Sounds like a simple but effective plan Bongtoker. If heat was still an issue as you said I could always use a cpu fan as a intake through one of the other avail vents. Tent size is in the first post in the thread mate.

B

BongToker

well i advise you use that passive set up with the cpu fan as an osc fan,( this will probly work out for the 400) but if heat is still an issue (wich it might be with a 600) you need to either get an AC running in there or atleast a 4 inch inline fan as an actuall intake instead of the passive set up...

Top Bottom