Cool tube, how much will it lower the temps?

• Thread starter medz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

medz

Hello all

I have a tent that is a little over 2ft x 2ft x 6ft and am using a 400hps.
I want to lower the temperature about 10°C would a small cool tube do that for me?
The temperature has gotten up to 42°C. that is like 100 and something Fahrenheit.

Any advice on how to lower the temps would be great thanks.

eyecandi

eyecandi

sealed hoods (this includes the cool-tube) remove roughly 75% of the thermal load from the lamp. but if you are venting the tent to the main room, it defeats itself. you need to vent outside if possible. no room for AC. unless you want to change to HID (not recommended yet for flowering) which has a much lower thermal signature. make sure your ballast is located outside the tent as well.

M

medz

The ballast is located outside the tent. I am going to go with a cool tube, if it takes 75% of the thermal load it should be enough. Thanks

jyip

jyip

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The ballast is located outside the tent. I am going to go with a cool tube, if it takes 75% of the thermal load it should be enough. Thanks

medz, how did it tiurn out 4 ya w/cooltube??
just cutious cuz i have aclose situation to yours

M

medz

The cooltube helped keep the temps a little lower but not quite as much as i had hoped but i think that is cause my ducting was way to long and curve.

I would get the cooltube if you have got problems with heat.

The temp lowered about 7°c which was enough for me, could of lowered it more if i would have not used so much ducting and kept it straighter.

superweed420

superweed420

I got 150w hps sun system to try and save cash on vuying CFL... boy did Fuck up was 75f with 200w of older cfl now 112f.. I read that 150w hps puts out little heat but that was bs...12 inch away and it's that fucking hot... thinking about returning the Hps and buying cfl with the cash smh.. I hate cfl but is what it is..I'm pritty sure I can take the light apart and put the hit in a cool tube but may just me wasting my $$$

Latest posts

Top Bottom