Cool-tube placing

• Thread starter CaliTruf
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

Look to the second image. A or B??

• Total voters
C

CaliTruf

I know that cool-tubes aren't really efficent they make an huge hot spot under themself and spread only alittle part of the light....
But i need to use one of this reflector and i have a square meter box two inline fan, one 100mm and one 125mm, i could use.
According to the photos how could i assemble all the stuff??

View attachment fan2.bmp
R

Rural_GrowOp

Its always best to push air through the hood so your fan doesn't get hot imho.

N

northern monsta

bro i use cooltubes check my gallery if u run a 6" fan and all ducting in straight line (no kinks or turns) u will not get any heat i run 2 x 600w cooltube in a row using a 6 inch fan i could put my face against glass of cooltubes for the full 12 hours i think they are a brilliant bit of kit! only little drawback is light spread but i use more lights to make up for i run 3000w and temps never hit more than 26 degrees bro straightwn ducting that makes a huge difference i run cooltube then anougher cooltube then a 6" fan works bro trust me

C

CaliTruf

Thanks you all guys
I have only one cool-tube and two fans and about a square meter box 2 meters tall. Which is the best order i can put carbon filter, cool tube and fans (i have two)??

C

CaliTruf

I changed reflector....i bought a cool junior but it mantain decent temperature (28c° isn't the best but is good for summer here) only with the 250w hps that a friend of mine lended me....maybe in italy is too hot:whew: during the day the temp is 25/27 c° in the night when the light turns on is 23/25 c°.
In your experience how many degrees can a cool-tube or cool-junior keep away considering the 125mm can fan and the high temperatures outside?
Thanks in advance

D

Dr Herbal

why not drop them vertical and get 360 degrees of light?

wouldnt ya need more for this thought about vertical grow but thought id need to up the lights quite alot :)
soz to jump in on a thread cali truf :)

F

Fear

you can wrap four or 6 plants around a light using tomatoe cages and rotate every watering. A nice tent would be pretty good with 1000w.

C

CaliTruf

Thanks to all farmers for the nice discussion:)
In the case i would go vertical what is the thiniest dimension for the various wattages:

IMHO:
250w in a 40x40 cm
400w in a 80x80 cm
600 in a 100x100 cm
i've never used a 1000w :harvest:

O

OregonMeds

Here's a single 1kw hps vertical open bulb with 6 plants around it, you don't have to have multiples. I'm not sure how this will yield yet but I expect a lot for the size of the room.

Bigmama 003

Latest posts

Top Bottom