Cool Weather Strain Suggestions

• Thread starter dorjewright
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
dorjewright

dorjewright

I grow out near the coast of the bay area. And would like suggestions for cool weather strains resistant to mold and botrytis, especially 6 to 9 week and high cbd strains.

dorjewright

dorjewright

What nobody? Greenhouse Seeds has The Church, supposedly highly resistant to mold and wet weather. I'm thinking of ordering from The Hemp Depot.

dorjewright

dorjewright

Besides The Church, GH has Lemon Skunk; Barney's has Sweettooth and Dutch Passion has Skunk 11; Also Texada Timewarp from BC. These are all described as highly mold resistant by the producers. Still looking for other suggestions.
I've already got TW and The Church seeds from Hemp Depot.

cannabeans

cannabeans

Typically cannabis is a warm season crop. I would be very way of any seeds from greenhouse seeds because of the reputation.. I do think you are on the right track as to looking into Canadian breeders. They do grow alot of herb in the wet forests up there!
Here is another I found for you!
FOG - Fast Outdoor Genetics

South African Sativa
A very early maturing, pure 100% sativa. These seeds were given to us in 2005, as a hybrid of two local landraces from South Africa. This plant is probably a hybrid of Durban Poison, since it has a slight lycorice, and sharp sour taste, with earthy and spicy notes. The high from this strain is strong and an old school sativa type high. This one will definitely keep you going through out the day. It will grow tall and christmas tree shaped like a typical sativa, and will provide a bountiful harvest of buds with large amounts of resin in early to mid September. Its hardy to mold and fungus, and has been acclimatised to the Canadian climate over 3 generations.
Untested indoors
Outdoor harvest mid September
HempDepoot has alot of selections for you....Just keep looking andd good luck!

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

^^^^A plant with 100% sativa genetics will finish in early-mid September??? Strains that are 8 weeks indoors don't finish til the end of September at the earliest!! What is this, a 5-6 week flowering plant that just happens to be 100% sativa, known for its looooonnnggg flowering times like 10-16 weeks indoors and the end of October-November outdoors.

I'm not accusing you of lying, but you got that info from somewhere, and I would not trust them unless I here this from reliable sources.

Now that I think about it, it could be true, but the yields would SUCK BALLS!!!!

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Hey dorjewright, Green House isn't great, but if your tight on cash they are the place to go. I've gotten dozens of seeds from them and had at least 90% germ rates with good results during growth, just not the best quality buds. FWIW, I order almost all my seeds from The Hemp Depot and I've never had issues.

dorjewright

dorjewright

Hey dorjewright, Green House isn't great, but if your tight on cash they are the place to go. I've gotten dozens of seeds from them and had at least 90% germ rates with good results during growth, just not the best quality buds. FWIW, I order almost all my seeds from The Hemp Depot and I've never had issues.[/quote
"The Church" is the only one from GH I'm trying, supposedly highly mold resistant which is why.

OctoberDee

OctoberDee

Lost Coast OG by Emerald Triangle should be well acclimated to your environment.

Cannaculture

Cannaculture

I live in Northern Europe so our climate is quite cool and wet, definitely not tropical by any measure, and the two strains that I would recommend are Frisian Dew (Dutch Passion Seed Co) and Biddy Early (Serious Seeds). Both are mould resistant and finish early.

Hope this helps.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

There is this strain from Paradise Seeds called Sweet Purple, the say it was bred specifically for outdoor growing in temperate climates. It will resist cold and wet weather very good.

Actually, thats what I'm growing this outdoor season, I LOVE purple buds, hahaa, good luck.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Oh yeah, Sweet Purple finishes late September to early October.

fluffygrrrl

fluffygrrrl

Dutch Passion Twilight ends late Sept. love that strain! I had 2 phenos, one is shorter..more indica, the one I kept ends up 12 to 14' tall, and very bushy as well with a very unique smell., can easily know what it is blindfolded, everyone loves it. Last year also had great luck with durban poison & another fave that I've been growing for years..reserva privada coletrain. ogkush 18 & big bud x northern lights didn't do well outdoors compared to the others. This year, I am also growing Frisian Dew & Hollands Hope by dp, which are both supposed to be great for cool climate. also trying Positronics Caramel Ice..& Advanced Seeds Ice kush.

flampkin

flampkin

Check out drgreenthumb.com his outdoor seed are breed for Canadian summers short. Hes got the Irainan auto flower that can be cloned 90 days start to finish.

Cannaculture

Cannaculture

Dutch Passion Twilight ends late Sept. love that strain! I had 2 phenos, one is shorter..more indica, the one I kept ends up 12 to 14' tall, and very bushy as well with a very unique smell., can easily know what it is blindfolded, everyone loves it. Last year also had great luck with durban poison & another fave that I've been growing for years..reserva privada coletrain. ogkush 18 & big bud x northern lights didn't do well outdoors compared to the others. This year, I am also growing Frisian Dew & Hollands Hope by dp, which are both supposed to be great for cool climate. also trying Positronics Caramel Ice..& Advanced Seeds Ice kush.

I did three Hollands Hope last summer and they came out well. Considering the amount of rain we had in our part of the world for summer we were able to get quite a crop with minimum bud mould. This year I've made a cover for prolonged rainy periods so hope this will help with the final product.

Top Bottom