cooling hood ?

• Thread starter woody420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
W

woody420

ok i want to use my dryer vent hole which is 4in to run 6in ducting to air cool my hoods from the bottom of the wall the air is a little cooler down there. i will get get good air flow by pulling the air from the smaller 4in then into a 6in duct? i really can get a six in hole in my wall house is not mine. i lso wanted to use the same vent to pull air into my room but with a y an a 4inline fan for my rooms fresh air intake. do u think i will be pull air with just an 4in opening. thanks weird ? i thinks its a bad idea but i had to ask around

S

Spuzzum

So, dryer duct is smaller than your hood duct, by 2". Home Depot sells "duct reducers". I'd check them out. Easiest way other than that.. make the 4" pipe thick enough to support the 6" hose.. wrap the pipe with 1" thick of duct tape, masking tape, foam tape, etc... just something that will make the 6" hose fit tightly over the 4" pipe. Use a duct screw-strap to secure after that.. just to be sure.

Cheers...... :)

Spuzzum

W

woody420

thanks man,
will the six in duct hurt my flow being pulled from the 4in hole thats what i need to know. i wanted to use the 4in hole with a y to cool my hoods and room. i dont think i 4in hole is going to cut it. i think i wont be able to grab the air i need from and 4in hole i could be wrong

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
yes its going to restrict your flow - buts its better then nothing - get a reducer and give it a shot mang to cool your hoods anyway

as far using it for cooling hoods and air intale thats not gonna work

S

Spuzzum

4" is still pretty big. Might be reduced a little, but still have good flow. Best suggestion.. just try it out. Basically, your 6" hose is drawing from the 4" duct.. correct? As long as the seal's tight, it'll draw no problems. It "may" be a bit less of a flow, or just make fan work a bit harder, but as long as it's cool air being drawn into your hoods, and being exhausted right out again.. the hoods will never get a chance to heat up.

Cheers........

Spuzzum

W

woody420

i can make my aircools hood pull air from under my eves then duct into the top of my room within a room in. i just wanted to try and pull cooler air. so u think pulling the air from under my eves and using the 4in hole to pull fresh air into the room is my best bet. i should just make a book in the inside of my eves and run ducting from my box and pull air that way 4 my hoods.

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
just cooling your hoods should drop you room temp quit a bit.

S

Spuzzum

Another option, as long as your garden has it's own intake/exhaust, is to connect the hood duct hosing to a carbon filter.. then use the room's air to cool the lights. I noticed that in someone's video on youtube.. you could see the hose from the carbon filter hanging from the roof, with the exhaust hose connected to the hood. The hood then connected to 3 more hoods in a string, with the exhaust going out a duct in the ceiling. .. As long as cool fresh air is being pumped into the room, and the air is "cleaned" before passing through the hoods to be exhausted through the final exhaust port, then you "shouldn't" have any problems.

This link shows something similar:
http://www.invalid.com/grow-room-design-setup/317973-cool-tube-carbon-filter.html

http://i851.invalid.com/albums/ab80/thereal_spuzzum/IMG_2801.jpg

W

woody420

guess i have to build some type of intake from under eves out to the shop i go

Top Bottom