cooling my dry tent - crazy? (pic)

• Thread starter BadassBaxter
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BadassBaxter

BadassBaxter

So I am getting ready to chop and my dry tent temp was hovering around 80 degrees. The room its in gets very hot during the day here in NorCal.
Small evaporating units suck and I have to constantly add ice to them and dump the water. My central AC stays around 70 degrees during the day and 68 degrees at night.
I added a small humidifier behind the intake fan (6in oscillating fan inside) and added 6in exhaust fan with carbon filter for the sell. The central AC doesn't push out very hard in this room, so believe it or not there isn't that much more air flow inside... Oh, and I inserted a round hepa filter into the duct coming from the ceiling AC vent to prevent dust etc
thoughts? Anyone try this with a very warm dry tent before?

Dry tent
BadassBaxter

BadassBaxter

Its also very very dry here, sometimes like 35%RH, hence the humidifier right near the intake

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Imo only....

you don't want a humidifier by the intake and you won't need one. You want water leaving the bud and never being drawn into thw bud as that's a massive vector for pathogens like mold.

Do you have a basement? If you can put the tent somewhere that stays below 70f your golden. The temp has a large impact on water movement out of the plant as does humidity but that's easily solved below.

Remember this is only my opinion.

I personally feel temp is the most important part of drying. Terps are very heat sensitive.

If you run the exhaust fan based on humidity the plants themselves will humidify the tent as they release the stored moisture. Once the humidity reaches 64-65ish then have the fan kick on for a bit to bring it down to 58-63. You will want even so light air mixing in the tent but never blowing on the plants themselves.

Leaving the leaves on and hanging the whole plant will slow the dry even more.

BadassBaxter

BadassBaxter

Imo only....

you don't want a humidifier by the intake and you won't need one. You want water leaving the bud and never being drawn into thw bud as that's a massive vector for pathogens like mold.

Do you have a basement? If you can put the tent somewhere that stays below 70f your golden. The temp has a large impact on water movement out of the plant as does humidity but that's easily solved below.

Remember this is only my opinion.

I personally feel temp is the most important part of drying. Terps are very heat sensitive.

If you run the exhaust fan based on humidity the plants themselves will humidify the tent as they release the stored moisture. Once the humidity reaches 64-65ish then have the fan kick on for a bit to bring it down to 58-63. You will want even so light air mixing in the tent but never blowing on the plants themselves.

Leaving the leaves on and hanging the whole plant will slow the dry even more.
I agree with you - but where I live is super dry. Right now the RH inside the tent is 35%! even with that humidifier running...once the plants are in I will monitor it closely to try and keep the RH around 50%. Someone else said put frozen water bottles inside the tent, but then they melt and I would need to change them out like very 8 hrs....crazy

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I agree with you - but where I live is super dry. Right now the RH inside the tent is 35%! even with that humidifier running...once the plants are in I will monitor it closely to try and keep the RH around 50%. Someone else said put frozen water bottles inside the tent, but then they melt and I would need to change them out like very 8 hrs....crazy
It's only that low because you have air exchange. When you hang em turn the fans off and if you can set them to come on at like 60-65 to vent then no issue.

With the fans off humidity will definitely go up in there.

Latest posts

Top Bottom